Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373342 times)

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a reason for nearly every single file in the linux tarball to be marked executable? Seems like a security issue to me.

EDIT: Ok right off the bat I'm getting this error:
Code: [Select]
$ ./df
./dwarfort.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Running locate tells me it's at /usr/lib64/libSDL-1.2.so.0

Currently installing the 32-bit version to see if it'll find that. Will edit again with results.

The binary is 32-bit, so your dynamic loader isn't going to pay any attention to 64-bit libraries.  You'll need 32-bit copies of everything that's not already in the tarball.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

They shouldn't all be marked executable, but it's a cleanliness issue, not a security issue.

I'll look into it, I guess.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok it's no longer complaining about libsdl now that I got the 32bit version installed. However, now it is complaining about libtiff, which I DO have a 32bit version installed.
Code: [Select]
$ ./df
./dwarfort.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ locate libtiff.so
/usr/lib64/libtiff.so
/usr/lib64/libtiff.so.3
/usr/lib64/libtiff.so.3.8.2
/usr/lib32/libtiff.so
/usr/lib32/libtiff.so.3
/usr/lib32/libtiff.so.3.8.2

I believe it is looking for version 4 of libtiff... which only currently has an alpha release. 3.8.2 is the last stable release of it. Are you requiring the alpha version of libtiff, or is this a mistake?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:14:55 am by Toksyuryel »

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you symlink libtiff.so.4 to .3 then it works just fine. I did it in <df directory>/libs, for minimal potential for breakage.

I think the reason for this is explained earlier in the thread. IIRC it's related to some Debian weirdness.
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOLY MOTHER OF ARMOK THAT IS FAST. I think I may actually need FPS limiting for the intro because it went so fast the sounds overlapped... WOW. That was amazing. Toady, you rock hardcore.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

I'm the one who actually wrote that code, though.  :'(

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, ok. Baughn you rock hardcore.

^_^

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Hehe. Anyway..

At http://brage.info/~svein/df40d11-resizing.tar.bz2 is a not-so-experimental build that allows you to resize the DF window while it's running. I've already submitted a patch to toady, but I figured someone might like to try it.

Which reminds me, I was supposed to make the initial grid-size calculation automatic too.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the chance your tinkering will enable smaller grid sizes than currently allowed (to support things like 32x32 tiles)?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Zero.

However, interestingly, this build does allows larger grid sizes than 200x200.

Actually using them would probably result in disaster, though it didn't in my test.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Does the auto-resizer increase the grid size, or just stretch the current grid?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

It increases the grid size. To beyond 200x200 if asked, which *does* crash the game eventually.

I've fixed that, and added a zoom function. You can now zoom the game by using the mouse wheel; it should of course be a rebindable function, but toady will have to do that part.

So, http://brage.info/~svein/df40d11-zoom.tar.bz2 now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:11:23 pm by Baughn »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Wait, so you can... zoom out to see the whole map?  Like Supreme Commander or something?  Or is it some other kind of zooming?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Subject to the 200x200 grid limit, but if it fits in that, then sure. :P

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The zoom is awesome. Is there/will there be a way to 'reset' to the original zoom level?
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 147