Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373332 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have a problem with freezing, it seems to freeze once every 5 seconds for 5 seconds, its quite frustrating
Might be a pathfinding issue, got a bottleneck and lots of creatures?
May also be the video settings?  Did you try changing the PRINT_MODE settings in the init to: [PRINT_MODE:FRAME_BUFFER]?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

The current zoom/resize system is preliminary. You can expect most of the bugs to get ironed out by d13.

Meanwhile, if you want to see fixes before that, switch to linux. I can build DF just fine (kind of), but only on that OS.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

vins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know is this has been reported before :
Azerty keyboard wasn't working in the firsts versions.
I'm sure that in 40d9 it works
It doesn't work in 40d11, it acts like a qwerty keyboard, if I press "m", for the game it's ";", "a" for the game is "q", etc etc...

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

We.. know. Really. We know. You can stop telling us now.

I'm pretty sure it's fixed in d12, so.. just a little more patience, please.

Phrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We.. know. Really. We know. You can stop telling us now.

I'm pretty sure it's fixed in d12, so.. just a little more patience, please.

I have to wonder if, perhaps at 108 pages, this thread should perhaps be closed, and a new one started, on the hopes that perhaps individuals would feel more inclined to read through previous issues before posting their "new" problem.
Could even make the first post be a (semi-regularly updated) list of known/suspected issues (while trying not to tread on the toes of the official bug report page) to facilitate those ADD individuals who can't read.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Could even make the first post be a (semi-regularly updated) list of known/suspected issues (while trying not to tread on the toes of the official bug report page) to facilitate those ADD individuals who can't read.

Yeah, the OP of this thread has a "known issues" section that hasn't been updated for 40d11.  This thread is very long and it's not that easy to search within a thread for descriptions of these kinds of bugs.  If the duplicate reports are bothering people, perhaps a few minutes could be taken to update the OP.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

That's an excellent point. Er.. yes, I'll go ahead and update that now, shall I?  :-[

EDIT: Update done. Hm, but did I miss any new features? I can't remember anything; performance improvements/bugfixes don't count.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:34:02 pm by Baughn »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good, but we may still consider locking and opening a new thread for each minor release... I was going to bring that up actually, but someone beat me to it.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like there were a total of 12 misaligned bindings.  They will all be fixed for next time Toady is willing to give it a go.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

HandOfCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you thank you thank you, the game was slowing down so much it was becoming unplayable!

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might i suggest that you update the links in the original post to point to d12? i never knew it was out.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might i suggest that you update the links in the original post to point to d12? i never knew it was out.

It was removed because of bugs.

Azoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went from 20-30FPS to 100FPS - haven't tinkered with any settings, as my technical knowhow is little to none, just downloaded and ran it. I never knew dwarves could move this fast :O

<3

EDIT: Also, my touchpad cursor now works. It used to disappear while hovering over the DF window. Don't know how you did that, but thanks again, ha.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:45:36 pm by Azoth »

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was d12 supposed to improve performance? Cause it seemed to run damn well.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

D12 might give a small performance improvement over D11, but that wasn't the aim for the version.  The majority of readily available optomizations have already been caught.  D12 is meant to fix the keyboard layout issues that have cropped up in earliear versions.

Baughn and I are both working at further performance increases for D13, but they involve more complex rewrites.  One of the aims for D12 was to make it possible for us to test such changes.  Without that ability we either couldn't do such rewrites or would create code that was very difficult for Toady to integrate into DF.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 147