Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209314 times)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #510 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:54 pm »

PerfectWorldDF Utility to make your own world in any manner you want and how you want it to be. You want a world that looks like a smiley face or the united states?
THIS IS THE UTILITY! (Personal Opinion: Looks amazing) (Works in 0.31.25, but a few report crashes)

Hmm, nobody has reported any crashes to me. I would appreciate if they did because I'm working on a new version.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:48 am »

Requesting Legend of Forlorn Realms to be added. Major mods section  :D

A link would be nice next time.. But I will hunt it down..

I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience. I forgot.  :-\

(I'm aware that the previous sentence made me sound like a 7 year old...)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 11, 2011, 01:44:27 am »

PerfectWorldDF Utility to make your own world in any manner you want and how you want it to be. You want a world that looks like a smiley face or the united states?
THIS IS THE UTILITY! (Personal Opinion: Looks amazing) (Works in 0.31.25, but a few report crashes)

Hmm, nobody has reported any crashes to me. I would appreciate if they did because I'm working on a new version.

In trying to help update these lists, all I was looking for was to confirm whether or not it would work with 0.31.25. But digging back to page 26 in your PerfectWorldDF forum thread, I noticed several users had reported crashes. I figured that having three posts in a row by different users, all reporting crashes with the latest DF version, made it more than unusual circumstances. At the very least, I thought it deserved mention that some users reported crashes. Perhaps you missed these posts?:

To be fair, those posts date back to April and the latest version of PerfectWorld was in May.
Spoiler: but... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:59:18 am by Thundercraft »

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 11, 2011, 09:00:41 am »

In trying to help update these lists, all I was looking for was to confirm whether or not it would work with 0.31.25. But digging back to page 26 in your PerfectWorldDF forum thread, I noticed several users had reported crashes. I figured that having three posts in a row by different users, all reporting crashes with the latest DF version, made it more than unusual circumstances. At the very least, I thought it deserved mention that some users reported crashes. Perhaps you missed these posts?:

Oh yeah, the software itself crashes as there are certain areas that are unstable, but when you say that it 'works with 31.25 but with crashes' it implies that the output causes DF to crash, which is a much more serious issue. That's what I thought you meant. I'm sure there aren't many utilities in the list that are bug free in themselves...

World gen does crash in game sometimes with or without PWDF, but I haven't seen that it is related to using specific map data. You need to have a look at some additional map gen options that are undefined so you don't get too many nightcreatures or whatever, but a knowledgable user should never get a crash in DF caused by PWDF. I think that's an important distinction.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Niseg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2011, 04:27:43 am »

Pathing Simulator A maze navigation simulator which functions as a demo for path finding optimizations. (Java-based, version independent)

The things in parentheses is incorrect . My little simulator is  a Web app that's written in Javascript , HTML, and uses CSS. It runs on most web browsers (just tested IE and it works, tested on Firefox, Chrome and Opera ). It is platform independent . I wouldn't recommend using it from a cell phone even though my last update (a few month ago ) concentrated in improving UI performance on mobile platforms. 

Unfortunately I haven't had time to play with it for a while and my hdd died but it's not a big deal because I have backups on 3 websites  ;).
Projects:Path finding simulator(thread) -A*,weighted A*(traffic zones), user set waypoints (path caching), automatic waypoint room navigation,no-cache room navigation.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:03 pm »

World gen does crash in game sometimes with or without PWDF, but I haven't seen that it is related to using specific map data. You need to have a look at some additional map gen options that are undefined so you don't get too many nightcreatures or whatever, but a knowledgable user should never get a crash in DF caused by PWDF. I think that's an important distinction.
Ah, I see. That is an important distinction.

However, while in your last post to the PerfectWorld thread you made it clear that PerfectWorld works with 31.25, it was with the caveat that "You just need to visit the advanced parameter screen to check a couple of things." It was difficult for me to find an explanation of specifically what needs to be changed in the advanced parameter screen. This was not even mentioned in your OP or in the PerfectWorldDF HTML Manual. (Nice job writing that manual, BTW! It was otherwise very detailed and well-written.)

All I could find was a somewhat vague explanation in a previous post:
...Compare the world_gen.txt file in 31.25 with the one that PWDF generates, you'll see some additional tags that you want to have in there. Otherwise they will use default values, which are unlikely to be what you want. If you leave the tags out, you can still change them in the 'advanced parameters' screen before genning a new world.
I guess I'm trying to point out that quite a few DF players do not read very far through forum threads before trying out a mod or utility for the first time. (And many are not knowledgeable about which world-gen parameters are likely to cause a crash if they are not within certain expected ranges.) Perhaps this should also be mentioned in your OP, at least until you achieve the "version independence" you're currently working on?

Anyway... perhaps profit should change my parenthesis to the following?
(Works in 0.31.25)

The things in parentheses is incorrect . My little simulator is  a Web app that's written in Javascript , HTML, and uses CSS.
Sorry, my bad. Even though I know they're very different, I sometimes confuse Javascript with Java. (And I was probably sleep deprived when I typed it up.)

It is platform independent.
As I said,  all I was looking for was to confirm whether or not it would work with 0.31.25. I wasn't concerned about the platform a mod or utility runs on. I described Pathing Simulator as "version independent" to let prospective users know it does not matter what version of Dwarf Fortress they use. (Though, I suppose that this could become inaccurate as Toady may eventually decide to recode pathing.)

Would changing my parenthesis to the following be acceptable? If not, what would you prefer?
(Pathing Simulator is a web app, independent of DF version)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2011, 12:31:51 pm »

Thanks for all the comments,  The things in parenthesis have been done by thundercraft who donated his time to help me determine which utilities still worked with what versions.

Please go easy on the comments, since it is a major undertaking to do such a thing and a few minor bits will slip by even by the best tester.

I am changing the descriptions now though to reflect your corrections.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2011, 12:01:22 pm »

Not going to be home this week. (on top of my already hectic work schedule)  Feel free to add submissions but they will not be put on the list till probably august.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2011, 12:18:35 pm »

Could you add Jaxmod when you get back?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2011, 04:24:20 am »

Could you add Jaxmod when you get back?

Added.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 06, 2011, 01:37:57 pm »

When I try to use Hacked Embark Size, it says "The file 'index' must be in the 'data' folder". It is. the next sentence says "Make sure DF decompressed into its folders properly". What gives?

And will the Civ Forge mod and the mods I've done to it show up with the Hacked Embark Size games?

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 06, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »

When I try to use Hacked Embark Size, it says "The file 'index' must be in the 'data' folder". It is. the next sentence says "Make sure DF decompressed into its folders properly". What gives?

And will the Civ Forge mod and the mods I've done to it show up with the Hacked Embark Size games?
It would be best to ask these questions in the threads of the utilities and mods they are associated with rather than here.  most of the mod creators do not monitor this thread.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:57 pm »

Added fortbent.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 15, 2011, 11:34:43 pm »

This mod is truly awesome! I think it should be in here!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4831
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69