Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191838 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Anyone know if the latest version works under Wine? I was reading around the forums and it sounds like the activation key was what was causing the problems; if the latest version (from the HIB) is DRM-free.. ?

Works in Wine :)
haven't tested a gamepad yet, but it seems to run fine

I have it running natively.
You can grab it of the AUR.
There's a file you need, I think it's from the Windows install, or something, you'll see.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

Linux ppl, does it also hang in linux?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Yup.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

I have it running natively.
You can grab it of the AUR.
There's a file you need, I think it's from the Windows install, or something, you'll see.

cool, i'm too lazy to track down the file needed; since i've already got it working via wine...

Linux ppl, does it also hang in linux?
hasn't given me trouble yet... except for when i started tinkering with the scene editor: it crashed while i was in there
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - disembodied brain controls worms, soldat, sharks with pewpe
« Reply #680 on: December 31, 2010, 03:37:05 pm »

:o I've played for ages and it hasn't crashed, lagged or otherwise messed up at all.
*Hugs*

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile

Yeah, B24 has been unusually stable for me, B23 crashed every half-hour or so.

Time for a new topic: caring for your meat puppets!

Okay, so, what did you guys think when you first had a unit die? I know that I thought, "Oh noez!!1!!11!ONE!" and thought that I was screwed. But eventually you learn to order a new unit and quickly replace your lost unit, quickly turning the battlefield into a corpse-strewn wasteland of bullets, gore and dropship wrecks. Recently, however, I've been getting rather good at keeping units alive and as such I have gone the full circle and pledged to never let a unit die for nothing!

What this means is that my units always die heroic deaths and it saves me thousands of ounces of gold. Alas, I can no longer send a trooper flying into an enemy dropship purely because it looks fun, but it adds a whole new dimension to the game. My units have a purpose now and whenever I blow up a dropship I duck to avoid deadly engines and shrapnel.

What are your thoughts on the topic?
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I like to keep my fleshies alive if possible. Dummies and robots, however, are no more than fodder for my enemies machine guns.
How do you feel about the impenatrable floating brainbunker? I tend to build a fort that my enemies can easily get into, more fun that way.
*Hugs*

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I tend to have a row of soldiers ready for duty next to a cache of weapons at the base of my bunker. That way, whenever the active man on duty is killed, I jump into the next one and resume fighting without delay. Whatever I order in drops is usually used to distract the AI. The dummy mini-turrets work fairly well for this purpose.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

Depends what I'm playing for. If I just want to blow dropships into small pieces, cause explosions and make craters everywhere, I'll go for a floating brainbunker, and have a medical drone on top of it (Sometimes protected by a small turret). I'll then order a Robot with some sort of Cannon (Revolver, Uber or Flak, depending on what I feel like at the time) and a Compact Assault Rifle, and go around causing carnage.

If I want to see how long I can survive, I'll build underground bases, have a few chokepoints, and have a Dreadnought in the Brain Bunker, for a heroic last stand.

My first unit death? "Shit, he had the AK!"

And I like to make my people survive longer, to get better value for money out of them. I generally try to destroy at least one dropship per person.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I like to keep a dropship of turrets in my hangar. I dump them on my enemies whenever my land units need reinforcements.
Anyone here make use of bombing runs?
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

I keep to classes of units around. The first is my class of fodder which is usually a dummie or zombie with an SMG to just smash things, and come in rocklets. The second come in dropships and are so laden with heavy equipment, they can't move without using a jetpack. I drop them into strategical places, then wreck carnage with them. :D

I love having bombing runs.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sky brain bunker and an ork with a bigga cannon wreaking havoc on the ground, usually with a Cash4Kills brain.

What, am I the only one who uses mods?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I Have a modded, full auto, 100x velocity, 10 bullets at a time glock. It can reduce an entire map to dust in three minutes.
It has 120000 rounds per magazine and reloads instantly.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 79