Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191801 times)

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thinking of getting this game --bit bloody for my tastes, but fun... and whada you know... the HIB expires just as I decide it's worth the money I planned to spend. DOH!!!!

What do I do now? I guess there's just the crippled DRM version out there... and the grey-market HIB version download kindly released by the developer.

How much did the DRM version cost again?

Bad for you
HIB had pretty decent games this time around and as a bonus they also threw the old HIB games too.
The standalone version is 20$ I believe and it is DRM free too

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

The standalone version is 20$ I believe and it is DRM free too
Only B24 is DRM-free, because it was the HIB version.
B23, which is still the official latest version so-to-speak, has DRM by email and a registration key.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

This game needs a DF like mode: embark with one rocket, build bunkers, dig/defend, deembark :)

Edit: also very fun (for me) play mode: modified spectate mod (does not drop reinforcements for me), all bunker part mods i could find, personal fabricator (could be cooler if remade for "bunker system" contest). Build a fort with personal fabricator inside and start. Reinforcements start from inside and computer charges from outside :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:44:54 pm by darius »

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Anyone know if the latest version works under Wine? I was reading around the forums and it sounds like the activation key was what was causing the problems; if the latest version (from the HIB) is DRM-free.. ?

Works in Wine :)
haven't tested a gamepad yet, but it seems to run fine
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

You must install vcrun2005 through winetricks in order for it to run. I can't tell how well it works though, I can't get anything from after 2004 to run on this sucker (Pentium 4, 1gb of ram and some old NVidia card, I'd say it's aged pretty darn well.).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:15:57 am by ILikePie »

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Data did say that you even though you it's gone DRM free, you will not regret having bought a license, wonder what that means?

I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Danny says a lot of things, most of them mean nothing.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the game now... fun, but either Im lagging, Im a superhero, or they use a diffrent definition of "second"..

Is it worth it downloading B24 from the fourm or should I wait for it to become "official"?

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

You must install vcrun2005 through winetricks in order for it to run. I can't tell how well it works though, I can't get anything from after 2004 to run on this sucker (Pentium 4, 1gb of ram and some old NVidia card, I'd say it's aged pretty darn well.).

:o even the dll won't work?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

If i play for five minutes it locks up (music playing, nothing happening) does it happen to anyone else?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

If i play for five minutes it locks up (music playing, nothing happening) does it happen to anyone else?
B24 is just broken like that.
Yeah.

It's related to the wound code, which means that to entirely fix it would render the game pretty much useless.
B23 is the most recent stable release, I'm afraid.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cv963aXxKs

CRAB ROCKET
CRAB  CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cv963aXxKs

CRAB ROCKET
CRAB  CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB!
ROCKEEEET!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 79