Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191654 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

What do you mean, "what for"? Platoons of killer robots dropping onto an island populated by sword-wielding Mimigas!

And The Core should definetly be the brain. Especially if it's just as tough to kill.

And yeah Aquizzar, I've been exactly as surprised that there wasn't a SWAT Kats mod when I got there. The series is pretty much a perfect fit for CC, with the wild weapons, rampant robots, asploding aircraft and krafty kats.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:40:59 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bought It a while back, but eventually grew bored after some time.
Picked up playing recently, as there are probably new mods I could try out.

You really should try out the Darkstorm Technologies Mod.
Pretty much the only mod i have installed permanently, as it is one of the more balanced.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just reinstalled the game and realized that I have to reenter the license key, which I do no have written down anywhere.
I looked all over the forum and the official page but I couldnt find any way to get it back.

Am I overlooking something?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile

Ahh yes, this gem. Fuckin' AI, though.
Hello Hunam

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

There's a link in the forum for getting the key back.

In addition.

FOR THE DARK GODS
Shoes...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

I just reinstalled the game and realized that I have to reenter the license key, which I do no have written down anywhere.
I looked all over the forum and the official page but I couldnt find any way to get it back.

Am I overlooking something?

If you lost the email they sent you (how?!), then there is an entire forum dedicated to licensing support, with a big sticky at the top.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cthulhu, be sure to submit it on the DR forums too. Looks pretty.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah thank you.
Now I can try out the new version of the Darkstorm mod :D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

You know what really ticks me off?  Modders who don't gib their models properly.

I mean, honestly...  What's the point of making something big if you're not going to blow it up?  And what's the point of blowing something up if it breaks into THREE PIECES when it's destroyed?  It's just shameful.

Watching a native MkII dropship break into pieces is an absolute dream come true...  But there's nothing nice about seeing a giant hovership break into...  A giant hovership.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeh, some mods are especially guilty of this. Some, on the other hand, provide ludicrous gibs en masse - I can't remember the name now, but there's a rocket "dropship" made in an unusual (for CC) photorealistic style, that breaks apart into absolutely beautiful gibs. Too bad the whole thing is a little too flimsy, so you get to see the gibs all too often. :)

Edit: Found it!

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10528

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:16:30 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile

Its always nice to see a hostile dropship spiral out of control because you shot the f*** out of its engines, its not nice, however, when the AI that blew it up stands around and gets crushed by it(on the other hand, it would probably be hard to code a reaction when it shoots down a ship). Thank god I use light coalition soldiers/more affordable modded troops+nothing-too-special guns. IMO all the work for gibs is quite worth it, I mean, KABLOOWEE!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:11:56 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Or you could just load up AAL, which are durable enough to survive a good beating but not enough to survive a dropshop hitting them. Except mayhaps the MPAMs, but those are their own scale of fun. That being flying up to dropships to slice them apart with a giant sword. Or just body slamming them for massive damage.

And the most recent AAL mod is weaker than the older one, which features units even MORE physically resistant. I'll need to dig that back up, as I KNOW I could bodyslam all my opponents.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I need to play this some more later.  I don't want to play by myself though so I'll wait.
Modding CC is very very hard.  Modding actors into CC is AN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE ENDEAVOR.
This is why most actor mods are just resprites that don't alter code.

Oh, and don't play campaign mode, it isn't very good.  Skirmish is a blast with others though, and even by yourself if you just want to blow up stuff.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79