Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191648 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile

I find shooting down dropships the most fun part of skirmish :/. Magnitot mission is probably the best campaign mission out there.
Hello Hunam

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

I like modding the heck out of the game with some good mods, then increasing the droprate WAY past its normal maximum speed (as I mentioned before), then giving myself ~5 billion gold. I then pick a good map, place my brain above the map, and start dropping down my troops.

Fighting it out on the growing pile of debris that covers the map endlessly is some of the most fun I have had in gaming.  ;D

I can't seem to find any of my own screenshots of such awesomeness, but I gave Shad0wdump a copy of my modded files, and he livestreamed the fun.

This image is titled GamingsFinestMoment.png.

This picture is of a single dropship filled with a couple dozen nukes in the instant it hit the ground. That instant lasted a long time, as his FPS went to like 0.0001, but it didn't crash.

There wasn't much map left though  :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:00:27 pm by Volatar »
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

And then a star was born.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

in my dream
i am the star.
its me
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

Oh God, I want to watch this streamed.  Requesting the url to that stream.

I don't suppose any of you recall the name of the mod that had this really hi-power rifle?  As in, the recoil threw you back hard enough to snap you off your legs and/or kill you.  I used it with this really light, indestructible robot mob, and I could seriously fly with the thing, without even using my jetpack.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I remember that, I don't know what it was called though.

I just realized my mod will not work if you don't have the Space Marines mod I used to make it.  Fixing right now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:03:38 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

And now I'm getting an error with no message.  I may just make it an expansion to the Space Marines mod.  SM.rte required.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I found the crab mission to be great fun too (not quite as good as Maginot, but that's a different type of fun altogether).  Finding new and interesting ways to fight off the mother crab is always good fun.

The repeller gun is nice if you just want to mess with it a bit,  and the revolver cannon is a great favorite due to the dead slugs it uses.  I've had times when I've blasted the central body into the sky and it just left the legs behind.  Wading through the sea of crabs with a heavy digger is also great fun, but it's a little too effective to be all that great.

Still though, you can't call yourself a true CC-er until you've curbstomped the mother crab.  Oh yeah, baby.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

The first time I sprayed it with a gatling gun then hit it with a rocket launcher.  The second time I one-shotted it with a heavy sniper.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I once had a Dropship vs. Mother Crab battle.  DAMN that was epic.  The crazy thing would actually try and crash into me, and things got a little hairy there for a bit.

I used stick grenades (much cheaper than bombs, and they don't hurt you from that range) to clear out enough of her spawn to make her angry, and then just bombed/bodyslammed/thruster'd her into submission afterwards.

Next time around she was making eyes at my brain unit instead of the 'ship, so I had to take drastic measures...

I sold her.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I wish I wasn't as boring as you guys. All I did was smg it to death.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Geti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice to see CC spreading far and wide :)

I mod a fair bit, In between school and friends. Can't wait for the next build (well, I'll have to what with Dan being beyond lazy), should have scriptable AI, which will be a dream come true :D

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I used a crab cannon to kill it. Fight fire with fire, fight crabs with crabs. I also sometimes fight Ronin with Ronin. Sometimes they even manage to land safely.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Oh wow, Geti's here too. I loved Zombies '09, the sprites were amazing man, good job with that.

I used to make some mods too. Made a few lua mods, I got bored and quit the crap excuse for a community they have there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:24:42 am by ILikePie »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile

I <3 Cortex Command.
The community less so.
If you plug in a PS3 controller or 2 and get a friend over, splitscreen is damn awesome.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79