Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88461 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 26.
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »

excomunication duration and loyalty decrease can be easily adjusted in the efs.ini file(in DAT folder). Of course, all the players would have to agree on it first.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2009, 10:10:10 pm »

Is Li Halan still considered a heretic according to the Church? Or have they made amends?

Excommunication wears off after 6 turns.

Seems like a big nerf to 'excommunication'. I would assume that you would be considered a heretic for a long long time until you finally bribe the Pope-like figure.

Well, it didn't hurt too much because it was so early in the game.  If I got excommunicated right now, I'd lose money and resources worth a few thousand firebirds a turn.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2009, 11:03:15 pm »

Sorry for the delay guys, I forgot all about this.

I'll be done when I get back from work.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2009, 03:01:36 pm »

it's done.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 27.
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2009, 09:29:56 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM27.sav

Yay, I'm researching powered armored legions!

So, about 7 or 8 turns back I sold about 500 food at the Agora on Kish.  I noticed that it no only depressed the prices for food on Kish, but depressed prices on Byzantium as well (for me at least).  Did you guys notice a drop in the price of food at that time as well?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2009, 10:58:11 am »

I thought that the prices were supposed to be fixed. A bug, I guess.
Here's one of mine: last turn I got an additional lab for research allocation, despite not having built or coquered any. Probably a bug due to that lab mainiac reclaimed on Kish the turn before that one.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2009, 02:57:37 pm »

Turn done, the fleet has taken the space around absolution and will attempt to hold it's position there, I recommend the stigmata garrison attempt to land in an isolated spot of the planet and engineer a supply line.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2009, 03:33:55 pm »

I thought that the prices were supposed to be fixed. A bug, I guess.
Here's one of mine: last turn I got an additional lab for research allocation, despite not having built or coquered any. Probably a bug due to that lab mainiac reclaimed on Kish the turn before that one.

I thought they were supposed to be so as well.  Are they constant for you guys?

Maybe re-installing from scratch and adding the savegames will fix all these bugs.  I've got another copy of EFS (for a different mod) and that works as it should.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2009, 03:37:28 pm »

I don't that's necessary.  It's not like there's a lot of gameplay balancing anyway.

But I'm pretty sure prices are supposed to be fixed.  I've been dumping trace and gems into the market since turn 2 and the League hasn't paid any different.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2009, 03:46:19 pm »

I don't that's necessary.  It's not like there's a lot of gameplay balancing anyway.

But I'm pretty sure prices are supposed to be fixed.  I've been dumping trace and gems into the market since turn 2 and the League hasn't paid any different.

Gems are pretty high value, so I guess we can say definitely that we are paying different values.  I'm can sell or buy 30 food and the price won't change much.  But unloading 20 chems causes a drop by 1.  And back when I first got 500 food, I was capable of selling all that food at 11 (I'd raised it by 1 with purchases), then buying it all back for 3 (whereupon the price rose to 5, very broken.)  I immediately restarted the turn so as to not gain an unfair advantage from this... but it really shows how static prices would be better.

These shifts are gonna ding me bad in the late game... I need to be a net exporter, so the value I get will keep declining.  Of course, given how many cities I have, money is becoming less of an issue.  But I'm still gonna see if I can fix this, unless there's any objections.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2009, 06:16:09 pm »

Done.

I've noticed something else that might be a bug.  I don't have enough energy production to run all my industries on Delphi, so a few turns back I bought some oil from the League until I can build another well.  But every turn I just get a message saying I don't have enough energy to produce something, and my energy stockpile never decreases.  Surely something's not working right.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2009, 02:00:48 am »

here's what I found at nova homepage("the truth about EFS"):
Agora: Version 1.4 introduced a new algorithm for varying the prices of resources at Agoras. This algorithm only works if Universal Warehouse is On. Since I dislike the new algorithm, I recommend that you play with Universal Warehouse Off, which means that prices do not change at all. For this reason, I won't attempt to describe the new algorithm here
this doesnt help us much, though...

I've noticed something else that might be a bug.  I don't have enough energy production to run all my industries on Delphi, so a few turns back I bought some oil from the League until I can build another well.  But every turn I just get a message saying I don't have enough energy to produce something, and my energy stockpile never decreases.  Surely something's not working right.
same source:
At the start of your turn, cities do their production one by one. So you may find that a city does not have its required input resources available because the city which produces those resources has not yet produced.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

turn done.

ahh, peace love and uderstanding... why, oh wy nobody likes me? sniff.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 28.
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2009, 01:34:26 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM27.sav

I think I fixed the problems with my copy of EFS!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 28.
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2009, 05:07:02 pm »

Wait, wasn't the last turn turn 27?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70