Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072624 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #1380 on: January 02, 2010, 10:46:41 pm »

Second movie hasn't hit DVDs yet, so you won't find subs of it.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 14, 2010, 05:07:45 pm »

i like anime but im very picky about what i like.

i dont like - mechas - girls designed around a 12yr olds wet dreams e.g. the Major in solidstate GITS (Ghost in the Shell) TV series, and paper thin characters.

i do like interesting characters, grittyness, cyberpunk, and atmospheric films

Animes ive liked: AKIRA - i love this film, Princess Mononoke, Metropolis, Ghost in the Shell 1, and 2 is ok, Castle of Caliglisotro, steamboy, most gibli stuff

Didnt like: evangelion, GITS solid state society series 1 & 2 and film,

Wasnt sure about Cowboy Bebop movie - is the TV series better? the film didnt really grab me, although i could pick out any major flaws in it.

im more interested in film recommendations cos they are cheaper but will look at tv series. Trigun seems to pop up alot in discussions, ive also looked at the wiki and a few reviews for Texhnolyze, Heat guy j, Renaissance (not strictly anime), wonderful days/skyblue but cant bring my self to spend my hard earned coppers on them
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1382 on: January 14, 2010, 05:46:16 pm »

I recently finished watching Here and There, Then and Now.

Wow. Tropes wasn't kidding about that show. That anime got rough in alot of spots.

Great storytelling, but wow. Makes you pity most of the characters (Especially Sara) except for those that are practically zealots to Helliwood.

Monster has also been developing well. But that episode number is beginning to worry me. It's getting close to the end.

Well, time to sort through what other anime I haven't caught.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 14, 2010, 05:54:22 pm »

Wasnt sure about Cowboy Bebop movie - is the TV series better? the film didnt really grab me, although i could pick out any major flaws in it.

Yeah. Been a long time since I saw the movie, but if I recall, the movie was pretty good, the series was pretty awesome.

I recently finished watching Here and There, Then and Now.

Wow. Tropes wasn't kidding about that show. That anime got rough in alot of spots.

If by "got rough in a lot of spots" you mean, "was a non-stop sequence of increasingly hellish experiences for all characters involved", it's still a bit of an understatement.

Is Monster good? I've been putting that one off, based on...well...the premise. Supposed to be good though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1384 on: January 14, 2010, 06:04:23 pm »

It is really good. Great storyline since Death Note, but amazingly the idiot ball isn't tossed around much throughout it. It's actually rather consistent and easy to keep track of the whole run through.

Watching Tenma evolve through the series is interesting. The fact he remains level-headed and sticks to his word despite his experiences is amazing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 14, 2010, 06:17:20 pm »

I've finally worked out a system.  I can get into a series best if I can watch it all in one blitz, so I tend to assign one series to each holiday period I get.  So I guess I need to think of something good to watch over half term.  Preferably something fairly different to what I've watched before.

Any ideas?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 14, 2010, 06:18:34 pm »

Wolf's Rain or Last Exile.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 14, 2010, 10:01:00 pm »

I'm halfway through Darker Than Black (having put Higurashi on hold).
Mao is awesome.

Did you know a second season of K-On! is coming out? Yeah.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 15, 2010, 05:15:33 pm »

Did you know a second season of K-On! is coming out? Yeah.
Thanks to one of my friends, I can never forget.

Damnit, he knows about my policy of not watching shows where everyone's a little girl, and yet...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 19, 2010, 06:04:12 am »

Finished Darker Than Black.
Now that, that was a good show. Like Death Note if Light killed everyone with his own hands.

I'll watch something else and then watch the second season, probably.
Or maybe I'll jump right for the second.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 19, 2010, 06:11:52 am »

I've resently discovered Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (As well as the manga) I really like it for it's seriouse story plot and to a lesser extent the Tachikomas as I'm kinda into mecha.

I do however find that Mokoto Kusinage's (did I spell that right?) aka "The Major", Custume kinda ruins the realisuim of the anima as I don't think it's possible to back flip, punch or generaly kick ass in a costume like that without the 'buns coming out of the oven' if ya' know what I mean. Not to mention it being painful, even full cyborgs can't ignore that amount of chaffing.

Also started watching Disgia anima, which just makes the games more fun after watching it.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 19, 2010, 10:15:11 am »

I've resently discovered Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (As well as the manga) I really like it for it's seriouse story plot and to a lesser extent the Tachikomas as I'm kinda into mecha.

I do however find that Mokoto Kusinage's (did I spell that right?) aka "The Major", Custume kinda ruins the realisuim of the anima as I don't think it's possible to back flip, punch or generaly kick ass in a costume like that without the 'buns coming out of the oven' if ya' know what I mean. Not to mention it being painful, even full cyborgs can't ignore that amount of chaffing.

Also started watching Disgia anima, which just makes the games more fun after watching it.

Thats anime for you. I swear they slip glue in there when people arn't looking.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:40 am »

Super super super glue.

Well I can over look it really. Theres worst stuff on billboards.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 19, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »

Super super super glue.

Well I can over look it really. Theres worst stuff on billboards.

In Darker Than Black I saw a billboard in the background advertising Pizza Hut with the words "Look at Me!" on it.

Man, that was such a sweet show. Hei is like the asian Batman on crack.
Seriously, you can't say a guy who fights with knives on grappling lines isn't a complete badass.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 19, 2010, 05:04:28 pm »

Pizza Hut? That was in Code Gaess as well.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 2193