Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072615 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #1365 on: December 28, 2009, 03:28:40 pm »

There's an OVA coming up. I'd wait until that's done before hoping for a third season.

And yeah, Darker than Black is awesome.. it kind of lives up to its title, though.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 28, 2009, 09:24:56 pm »

Hawkfrost?
What is Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?
I thought this anime ended or something.
And now I face a site that has this in "Currently airing anime"
 ??? what's going on?

Zan is the third season(which I get will get back to finishing sometime).
Why did you think it ended? Sensei fails them every year, so they have to keep staying in his class.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:04 am »

He just loves them so much, right?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 29, 2009, 01:17:20 pm »

I watched quite a bit of Bakugon (It is on my television station) and wow is it horrible.

The major problem with that show, ignoring plot and characterisation as well as the marginalisation of several characters, is that they don't even have a hint of strategy involved in any of the duels ignoring what 2?

Worse yet is they often make up rules to stop strategic wins. So all battles are really about the last Bakugon and the 5 cards that you know are comming.

Watching Bakugon makes Yu-Gi-Oh look like the greatest anime ever by comparison. HECK it makes the Yu-Gi-Oh Spin-offs (GX, Dragon Force) look amazing, and that is saying something.

I really got to stop watching what television puts infront of me... I already watched Bedamon and that other card game with mostly poor animation, bad comedy, and bad voice acting.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:19:01 pm by Neonivek »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1369 on: December 29, 2009, 02:31:31 pm »

Unfortunately, my nephew's in love with Bakugan. If anything, the toys are fun to play around with, but I never really watched the show. I don't bother with anything 4kids related. They put censorship and so forth up to 11, and make any possibly good show make less sense than the concept originally intended.

I think I remember seeing articles (or tropes) relating to such twisted extents of censoring. Back in my day, we used to watch guys with energy beams capture ghosts; human-sized turtles armed to the teeth with ninja weapons beat the crap out of mutated creatures, and legions of other ninja; a gluttonous cat ragging on a schizophrenic owner, his dog, and a kitten; and so on and so forth. That was what we called a Saturday morning. These days, it's a joke.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 29, 2009, 02:43:08 pm »

Unfortunately, my nephew's in love with Bakugan. If anything, the toys are fun to play around with, but I never really watched the show. I don't bother with anything 4kids related. They put censorship and so forth up to 11, and make any possibly good show make less sense than the concept originally intended.

I think I remember seeing articles (or tropes) relating to such twisted extents of censoring. Back in my day, we used to watch guys with energy beams capture ghosts; human-sized turtles armed to the teeth with ninja weapons beat the crap out of mutated creatures, and legions of other ninja; a gluttonous cat ragging on a schizophrenic owner, his dog, and a kitten; and so on and so forth. That was what we called a Saturday morning. These days, it's a joke.

And Kirby, even if it is mutilated by 4Kids, and always has been.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 29, 2009, 02:44:48 pm »

I actually like Yu-gi-og! spin offs.
You see in fact Yu-gi-oh! might have had an interesting plot and all, but the way the dueled made no sense, and I know cause I'm a card game nerd.
When it comes to 5D's things get really interesting, and that's actually a good anime to watch, but of course thereare so many others.

btw, I'm dissapointed with where Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is going. I've seen more perverted anime than that, I've seen funnier anime than that, but the first series was really something.
Now it's not about universal comedy, but japanese mockery of their culture.
I can see how that would be good, but they simply stopped putting jokes about his suicide, and that makes me sad.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 29, 2009, 02:53:30 pm »

they simply stopped putting jokes about his suicide, and that makes me sad.

I know right?!
The suicide attempts were the best part.

I still consider it a really good show though, and well worth watching.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 29, 2009, 02:55:39 pm »

I hate Anime. I only like Cowboy Bebop. That's it.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 29, 2009, 05:05:53 pm »

You like cowboy bebop but not outlaw star?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiko_Nobumoto

This guy also made these, try those.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 29, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »

I miss the days when Saturday morning TV was actually worth watching.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 29, 2009, 08:28:49 pm »

Well the worst "Game" Anime I've seen was for Bikes (Not the motor cycle kind)

The WORST episode in that anime? Definately when they defeated a Vampire who had the upper hand by challenging him to a bike race and then killing him somehow. Worse yet is the Vampire magically created a bike and clothing so he looked EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! What is the point of a vampire cyclist if you cover him up?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 02, 2010, 05:36:40 am »

I just got done watching the first TTGL movie, and I won't spoil anything, because even though it's just the series' plot compressed into movie form there's quite few significant changes.

Well, SOME things are changed, but the majority of it is unchanged. Now, when I say unchanged, I mean that literally, NOTHING is changed. They use the same script, the same dialogue, even the EXACT SAME animation, tore right out of the series' episodes and then chopped up to fit into the movie. Hell, when we're shown a montage of all the boring-but-still-plot-important episodes, they didn't even fix up the SHITTY animation from episode 4! Hell, they even showed the scenes out of order! It looked like I was in for some major disappointment when I was two thirds of the way in, and nothing awesome had happened yet... and then the scene where Nia was facing down Adiane rolled around, and then the movie kicks it into high gear so fucking fast that your head is spinning. I mean it, that was a STUNNING change of pace that really defied my expectations.

I still think they could've done better, but they left the movie on a cliffhanger, and now I got to get the SECOND movie!

So, to sum up my feelings:

"That's a neat beginning, what a good draw in! Way different from the series. Alright, starting... seen it. Rehashed. Reused. Boring. Lame... Wait... what the... HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME! Wait, the movies over!? I need to see the second one!"

Goddamn I'm a sucker.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 02, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »

I started to watch the movie and when I relized it was just rehashed episodes I stopped watching it. pm or spoiler the changes they made?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 02, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However, the second movie... I just... can't... FIND IT!!!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 2193