Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1972 1973 [1974] 1975 1976 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072483 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29595 on: November 30, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

Fuck that demon cat bastard, I'll never be able to see that emoticon again without gritting my teeth.
Why do humans always get so emotional about things? :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29596 on: November 30, 2016, 07:13:35 pm »

Found out about Sasami-San@Ganbaranai today, and holy shit is it fun to watch.
Uhhh. Let's all stop watching after Episode 9.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29597 on: November 30, 2016, 07:21:04 pm »

Found out about Sasami-San@Ganbaranai today, and holy shit is it fun to watch.
Uhhh. Let's all stop watching after Episode 9.
What happened? You can use spoilertags and tell me.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29598 on: November 30, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But hey, the first nine episodes were incredible.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:47:27 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29599 on: November 30, 2016, 08:45:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But hey, the first nine episodes were incredible.
Huh. I kinda had very low expectations of it from the summary - expected it to be basic fanservice high-school sis/brocon clone tripe - and I dunno if I feel anything upon learning that I was correct. If anything, the first nine episodes being good is a pleasant surprise.

On an unrelated topic, why doesn't Motoko Kusanagi wear pants? It's clearly a personal style choice on her part, since she wears a uniform/bodysuit in combat situations. It seems that nobody addresses this, but then it doesn't seem like that sort of thing is normal in the world of GitS - she seems to be about the only one to do it. It seems pretty strange when the cast is gathered in Aramaki's office getting their briefings, and it's a load of serious-looking dudes in heavy clothing, and the Major in all her pants-less glory. It doesn't feel like it's a purely fanservice reason like MGSV's Quiet to me, either.

Note: I'm pretty new to GitS - I've gotten to about the middle of GitS:SAC, plus some scattered bits of the OVAs here and there when they were on TV - and if it's ever explained in-universe, just tell me to wait for it, I don't wanna be spoiled.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29600 on: November 30, 2016, 08:55:18 pm »

I think they just ported the outfit over from the manga which is a lot more fanservicey.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29601 on: November 30, 2016, 09:09:56 pm »

I think they just ported the outfit over from the manga which is a lot more fanservicey.
Huh. I'll admit to being a little disappointed. GitS:SAC Motoko doesn't come off as a very fanservicey type of character to me. I mean sure, her outfit is fanservicey, and the camera sure likes its waist-height perspectives, but her behavior is so cool that it feels like she'd totally have her own inscrutable reason for dressing like that and then not giving a crap about what everybody else thought about it. I was kinda looking forward to seeing how that reason would be revealed.

Oh well, back to it, I guess.

geddit

back to it

because ass shots

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29602 on: November 30, 2016, 09:27:39 pm »

I do agree, I think GitS (both the original movie and SAC) is a good example of radical changes in adaptation being a good thing.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29603 on: November 30, 2016, 10:27:37 pm »

I think the conflict between Ichigo and Ginjo could've been avoided. All Ginjo had to do was leave Ichigo a little bit of his power. It didn't have to be a lot, it just had to be more than what Ichigo started out with before they met. Ichigo would've then been able to train what remained of his power back to full strength in just a few weeks. They'd both have profited from each other and wouldn't have any further need to be hostile to one another.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29604 on: December 01, 2016, 12:24:19 am »

How many fanservice characters have fanservice personalities? Heck the common trope is the fanservice character is AGAINST fanservice but keeps being put in that predicament unknowingly or unwittingly.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29605 on: December 01, 2016, 06:55:23 am »

First off, I would like to say, to the new convert to the cult of ONE: welcome brother, it's been long enough out there in the cold, but you're home now, and you've got a whole manga and webcomic to catch up on.

Come inside and have a nice glass of PUNCH!
On an unrelated topic, why doesn't Motoko Kusanagi wear pants? It's clearly a personal style choice on her part, since she wears a uniform/bodysuit in combat situations.
She has a mix of exhibitionist urges, combined with the knowledge that yes, guys will stop in the middle of a firefight to watch some bouncing girlmeat.

Later she goes over it a bit more, and rather hilariously, with Batou.

If you went from being stuck in the off-the-rack meatship you're piloting now to a flawlessly maintained and ultra high performance racecar, do you think you could see yourself having a bit of fun with it?

Me, I want one of the bodies like Kuze has.

MAN, the way he just says "aight, my work is done, peace!" and jumps straight through the ceiling is great. "I need to be out there, there is a roof in the way... welp, needs must" *crunch* *boing*
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:57:24 am by Max™ »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29607 on: December 01, 2016, 11:07:49 pm »

Eh, Anno's running the other studio and they're heavily interrelated, so chances are that Gainax will be absorbed in some form, same people operating under a different name.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29608 on: December 02, 2016, 01:58:36 am »

First off, I would like to say, to the new convert to the cult of ONE: welcome brother, it's been long enough out there in the cold, but you're home now, and you've got a whole manga and webcomic to catch up on.
That's if you're talking about just OPM. There's also Mob Psycho 100, which has an anime and an almost complete manga, and Old Man of the Underworld, which is a webcomic, and also couple oneshot manga or two.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-01/evangelion-studio-khara-sues-gainax-for-100-million-yen-in-royalties/.109396

Well RIP GAINAX it looks like
Gainax died in 2011 when their best talent went off and formed Trigger.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #29609 on: December 02, 2016, 10:34:02 am »

So er, I'm currently hashing out a system for a Dragonball game down in FG&RP. The game that comes out is gonna be set in Universe 6, the one from the tournament in Super.
Problem is, I haven't watched Super (BFEL is spoiled Dub princess) so everything I know about U6 is from TVtropes.
I know that Saiyans are Good Guy Gregs with no tails whose planet Salad is still around, and I know some spoilers about the Emperor, but not sure if some canon setting details about Earth or Namek or etc. have been hashed out without me knowing.

Which is important cuz the game is planned to take place on Earth and have Namekians as a playable race. MAYBE Majins too, but not sure about that. Frost Demons will also be a thing, but this is intended to take place BEFORE the Multiverse Tournament so if Majinn Buu is even a thing he's probably still locked away not having blob babies.

Anything you guys think I've missed? Might as well just text dump everything you can think of if you want (in spoiler tags obviously)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:36:16 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1972 1973 [1974] 1975 1976 ... 2193