Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1962 1963 [1964] 1965 1966 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070186 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29445 on: October 31, 2016, 11:21:11 pm »

Not necessarily! If someone asked me what 5 * 120 was, I could go through a series of elaborate proofs (well, I couldn't actually, but you get the idea), or I could just give them the number. The former is more elaborate, but significantly less useful.

Is elaborateness and/or detail needed? If so, yes: the elaborate answer is more useful. If not, it's just pointlessly flowery.

1: There's a big difference between math problems and questions of how to act in ethically complex life situations.
2: Context is important. If someone asks for the answer to a math problem because they don't know how to find the answer, then teaching them how to solve the problem will be much more helpful in the long-run. If someone asks because they don't have time to figure it out themselves, then a long-winded explanation is probably not the ideal response.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29446 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:54 am »

Stella no Mahou is cute!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29447 on: November 01, 2016, 10:57:22 am »

Sometimes there are no good options, and the best you can do is to choose the lesser evil. If loyalty to a unworthy cause will cause you greater dishonor than disloyalty to that same cause, then suffering the dishonor of disloyalty may be that lesser evil.

Of course, rationalizing your actions to yourself is easy with a bit of practice. Rationalizing them to your peers can be somewhat more challenging.
That's an awfully elaborate way of telling Tack not to stick with CR.

Simple answers are often easier, but elaborate answers are generally far more helpful.
Perhaps.
However, I actually had no idea that you were talking to me, or what you were talking about.
I actually saw my name mentioned, and then went back and reprocessed the whole message before I divined the meaning.

I don't really see 'loyalty' and 'brand loyalty' as having the same concept of honor.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29448 on: November 01, 2016, 08:52:12 pm »

Sometimes there are no good options, and the best you can do is to choose the lesser evil. If loyalty to a unworthy cause will cause you greater dishonor than disloyalty to that same cause, then suffering the dishonor of disloyalty may be that lesser evil.

Of course, rationalizing your actions to yourself is easy with a bit of practice. Rationalizing them to your peers can be somewhat more challenging.
That's an awfully elaborate way of telling Tack not to stick with CR.

Simple answers are often easier, but elaborate answers are generally far more helpful.
Perhaps.
However, I actually had no idea that you were talking to me, or what you were talking about.
I actually saw my name mentioned, and then went back and reprocessed the whole message before I divined the meaning.

I don't really see 'loyalty' and 'brand loyalty' as having the same concept of honor.
I don't think he actually was intentionally talking to you, I was just being a bit frivolous in insinuating that intent.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29449 on: November 02, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »

Fate/Grand Order anime special announced. Will cover the prologue chapter of the game from the looks of things. Being done by Studio Lay-duce. They're going with the Male MC. Personally would have preferred Gudako but oh well.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29450 on: November 02, 2016, 03:19:01 pm »

Now up to speed on Drifters, and yes.

Took great pleasure in informing housemate that yes, archer is a dude.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29451 on: November 02, 2016, 03:55:40 pm »

Picked up Vivid Strike on a whim. It's terrible in a lot of ways, but I can't help being intrigued by the setting.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29452 on: November 02, 2016, 04:51:12 pm »

Now up to speed on Drifters, and yes.

Took great pleasure in informing housemate that yes, archer is a dude.
Housemate: "But I jerked it to thaaaaat!"

More seriously, could have called that one from episode one.

Also, if you're not already up on it, don't spoil yourself as to the identity of the Black King. Can probably guess if you think though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29453 on: November 02, 2016, 05:16:57 pm »

I have read the Manga.
But a monologue from the anime kinda gives it away.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29454 on: November 02, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »

That's my assumption, and though I haven't read, spoilers agree.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29455 on: November 02, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »

I love Keijo so much, it's brilliant stupidity in what is probably its purest form... and I'm enraged that I can't get my friends to give it even a single second of time because I can't convince them it isn't a shallow fanservice show.

I'd say it's the best anime of the fall season, but I'm very skeptical on that one. 'March Comes in Like a Lion' is a surprisingly strong and memorable entry, in what I can only call the 'Everyone is crying' genre.

Frickin special mention to Yuri on ICE though, or more colloquially "Yaoi on ICE". I wouldn't think I'd enjoy a homoerotic ice skating adventure as much as I am.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:23:49 pm by JoshuaFH »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #29456 on: November 02, 2016, 06:28:51 pm »

Frickin special mention to Yuri on ICE though, or more colloquially "Yaoi on ICE". I wouldn't think I'd enjoy a homoerotic ice skating adventure as much as I am.
I saw the cover-image of that. My first reaction was "I see no chance of yuri in this anime."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29457 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:56 pm »

I'd say it's the best anime of the fall season, but I'm very skeptical on that one. 'March Comes in Like a Lion' is a surprisingly strong and memorable entry, in what I can only call the 'Everyone is crying' genre.
I'm still sticking to Flip Flappers as the number one for symbolism and visual distinctiveness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29458 on: November 02, 2016, 11:05:08 pm »

Flip Flappers has that same gorgeous "why is everyone not raving about this" style as Rolling Girls, eye cotton candy.

Keijo is brilliantly absurd.

Yuri on Ice makes me feel strange.

I love the Drifters manga, gonna have to pick up the show when we're not eating during it, not sure how gory they are starting it off with but Hellsing producers+source material suggests there's no setting below "bloodsoaked" there.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29459 on: November 02, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »

That's my assumption, and though I haven't read, spoilers agree.
As far as I've read (Which I think is as far as it's gotten so far) they don't explicitly reveal it, it's made pretty bloody obvious, to the point that I'd be honestly shocked if there came a twist.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1962 1963 [1964] 1965 1966 ... 2193