Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1921 1922 [1923] 1924 1925 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074846 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28830 on: September 11, 2016, 06:45:37 pm »

It's official, Mowtendoo is aiming to kill everyone with the power of laughter.

Snoop Matoi inspires some complicated feelings my brain was not expecting to have to process.

P.S. I wouldn't have thought he had a Vocaloid, but now I know better. Thanks internet!
Oh good god what, if... I don't know what is funny there but every time I see snoop grinning on matoi's body I can't stop laughing.

His is some powerful nonsense.

After that, I can't numbers that are either 0 or a multiple of two.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28831 on: September 11, 2016, 06:50:16 pm »

There's nothing intrinsically funny about Snoop, or weed, or "smoking weed every day" but the fact that people go out of their way to so expertly and so shamelessly interweave snoop, stoner culture, and anime together... just the ridiculousness of it is unbelievably tickling.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28832 on: September 11, 2016, 06:52:38 pm »

Yeah, the weed stuff was dumb actually, I don't need or want to be part of a weed culture, just pass it this way and let's go watch Cosmos or something, but that Snoop grin is mindblowingly hilarious, like seriously, my head kinda hurts.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28833 on: September 11, 2016, 06:54:55 pm »

So the first episode of the Mahoutsukai no Yome OVA is out.

I like that he had his illusions of being a "no game, no life" hero got shattered, and then he's being moulded into a better, actual hero.

But from what I hear he's just gonna keep on getting kicked, which kills it for me.
Better than the sort where it starts out one way and then quickly becomes generic power fantasy isekai. I kind of had that issue with a certain spider reincarnation.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:40:32 pm by Cruxador »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28834 on: September 11, 2016, 09:03:38 pm »

There's nothing intrinsically funny about Snoop, or weed, or "smoking weed every day" but the fact that people go out of their way to so expertly and so shamelessly interweave snoop, stoner culture, and anime together... just the ridiculousness of it is unbelievably tickling.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28835 on: September 11, 2016, 09:12:50 pm »

I've been enjoying REZUBARU and all, but this one felt like another lull, like the middle part of the whale hunt sorta?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28836 on: September 11, 2016, 09:30:25 pm »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28837 on: September 11, 2016, 10:33:48 pm »

I like that he had his illusions of being a "no game, no life" hero got shattered, and then he's being moulded into a better, actual hero.

But from what I hear he's just gonna keep on getting kicked, which kills it for me.
One thing that is refreshing about him is that he ain't all that great at... anything.  Its everyone else around him who does the actual asskicking.  At least so far. 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28838 on: September 12, 2016, 12:42:59 am »

It's not really that refreshing, unless you're looking at it as a shonen action series. But I'd argue that Re:Zero is more of a battle harem series, which is very prevalent in light novels. The difference is that shonen series are about the MC and his abilities, whereas battle harems are about the girls and their abilities. Battle harems with the hero having some sort of "defective" power are dime a dozen in light novels.

Re:Zero isn't that different to KonoSuba in that particular regard: they're both light novels about a hero with no abilities gets sent to fantasy world, teams up with overpowered girls. Index is similar too: a light novel filled with powerful girls, and a hero's who power is not having any powers.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:14:13 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28839 on: September 12, 2016, 01:10:30 am »

It's not really that refreshing, unless you're looking at it as a shonen action series. But I'd argue that Re:Zero is more of a battle harem series, which is very prevalent in light novels. The difference is that shonen series are about the MC and his abilities, whereas battle harems are about the girls and their abilities. Battle harems with the hero having some sort of "defective" power are dime a dozen in light novels.

What I find funny is how you put defective in parenthesis.

Since most of the time in... well... fiction, the "defective" power ends up being a special power usually to the point of being more powerful then everyone else's.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28840 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:19 am »

Well, for most of Fate Shiro is just a crap mage with badass chicks around him, I haven't seen the newest stuff in Index but "nopehand" dude has an interesting power but it isn't quite on the same level as "I'm gonna siphon off energy from the spin of the planet and hit you with it" or even just "plink you in the face with coins at mach 10" type stuff, while REZUBARU has the power to fuck up and learn from it, but he doesn't abuse it the way folks like Sato in Ajin do, he just kinda tries to avoid it, then tries to not fuck up how he did before, later he might get amazing abilities but so far his main ability besides that is being genre-savvy enough to go "oh fuck I need a party to cover my weak points, which are numerous" I suppose?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28841 on: September 12, 2016, 04:05:17 am »

Watching through more of Fairy Tail and Wendy is pretty cool. She's weaker than the other dragon slayers due to her age and her element isn't all that powerful, but she shows a far greater depth of knowledge regarding dragon slayer techniques than any other. Granted, Laxus knows a bunch of non-dragon slayer lightning techniques, but his dragon slayer-specific techniques are pretty basic. Only the 3rd-genners seem to go beyond the basics but only so far as consciously activating dragon force.

One thing I don't get is why she doesn't just recharge by eating the air like Natsu does by eating fire. It seems to me like an easy way to get more endurance in a fight which she seems to lack.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28842 on: September 12, 2016, 04:30:14 am »

I recently finished the Edolas arc of Fairy Tail myself. Man did that arc clear up a lot of plot threads, going right back to the start of the series. I have to credit the author with doing a lot more planning than I'd expected.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:35:49 am by Reelya »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28843 on: September 12, 2016, 06:02:30 am »

Not sure if it's been said here, but Cowboy Bepop on Crunchyroll, my friends.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28844 on: September 12, 2016, 06:14:12 am »

One thing I don't get is why she doesn't just recharge by eating the air like Natsu does by eating fire. It seems to me like an easy way to get more endurance in a fight which she seems to lack.
My guess is because healing is pretty high on the "story breaker power" list, and being able to recharge literally ANYWHERE, ANYTIME would make her pretty much 100% invincible.
So basically, the writers don't want to have to write around it :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1921 1922 [1923] 1924 1925 ... 2193