Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064659 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26821 on: March 24, 2016, 05:47:49 pm »

Now that's something I'm interested in.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26822 on: March 24, 2016, 05:49:52 pm »

Go watch Rick and Morty if you haven't already.
Oh yeah, I watched a bit of it, and I didn't enjoy it.

Well, its kinda not for everyone. I have to just shut out some of the parts or entire episodes because they're just filler or nothing really interesting going on in the foreground but if you look around in the "world" of it, it is really interesting and creative.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26823 on: March 24, 2016, 05:53:25 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26824 on: March 24, 2016, 06:52:55 pm »

the harem stuff was tempered by the protag actually being a decent guy who could reasonably attract women
Now go watch Heaven's Lost Property ...

~~~

Oh, and wtf FLCL 2??
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:01:42 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26825 on: March 24, 2016, 07:19:24 pm »

Well that was unexpected
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26826 on: March 25, 2016, 12:32:59 am »

Who thought FLCL needed another season?

Especially one with none of the same staff?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26827 on: March 25, 2016, 03:54:11 am »

Personally, I think the introduction of foreign co-production money could be a good thing for the anime industry as a whole: they're unlikely to pour money into haremshit, even if that stuff does actually make money for the Western anime distributors: co-funding things is probably as much about generating good PR buzz as it is about getting new shows to air.

Production I.G did work on the original however, and now they have full rights to the series, and without announcements, we can't really make any objective claims that there won't be any of the same people working on it.

EDIT: Anywhere, here's the press release from Toonami.

Back for the new season is FLCL series creator Kazuya Tsurumaki, serving as supervisor with director Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass) and character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Neon Genesis Evangelion). Also joining this season is writer Hideto Iwai (Last Dinner).

Kazuya Tsurumaki = the original director from Gainax
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto = the original character designer from Gainax

“FLCL has become an anime classic over the years, yet it has remained vibrant,” said Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, co-founder, president and CEO of Production I.G. “This new season will capture the hearts of both longtime FLCL fans from around the world and new anime viewers.”

Mitsuhisa Ishikawa = CEO of Production I.G, and Executive producer of the original FLCL.

So, just the guys we know about from the press release gives us three of the original top staff involved in making this happen.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:37:14 am by Reelya »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26828 on: March 25, 2016, 10:51:26 pm »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222

!!!!!
~IMGSNIP~

Regardless of whether you want to watch it, can't say that you saw that coming.

I'll reserve judgment, but with Reelya's notes, colour me cautiously optimistic.  For the moment.  I mean, it has been 15 years, after all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26829 on: March 26, 2016, 06:57:23 am »

So I am watching the English dub of Nyan Koi! (surprisingly good AND bad... but mostly good)

And the number of things cats can do
1) They can understand human speech
2) They can see into your dreams
3) They can tell exactly how old you are just by looking at you

---

Since this is a comedy I think the fact that characters can just throw around things they shouldn't possibly be able to know is part of the joke.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26830 on: March 26, 2016, 07:45:30 am »

That reminds me, I have a great manga for you Neonivek. Pao no Monogatari

It's about a dog who has a tough life. He has an uncanny ability to see things the humans take for granted and understand the folly of the human condition. I think you'll get a kick out of the writing (just the first volume).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:01:34 pm by Reelya »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26831 on: March 26, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I read that whole manga on a whim yesterday, clicking on it randomly; I shouldn't have liked it but I did.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26832 on: March 26, 2016, 06:18:32 pm »

Finished the last(?) episode of Boku dake ga etcetera. In retrospect, it was pretty... meh. Most of the appreciation seems to have come from the cliffhangers; anticipating what was going to happen next. Not to say I didn't enjoy it - I absolutely did - but it never lived up to the masterpiece we were waiting for.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26833 on: March 26, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

I have a bit of a backlog so haven't caught the end of that myself. I'm guessing it's a case of a mystery being much more interesting when it's is a mystery, then the viewer can use their own imagination to fill in the blanks. But if the writer hasn't been able to actually follow through with a big reveal that's as interesting as the premise, you have a problem.

The classic example was the British 1960's show The Prisoner, where a guy with amnesia is confined in a compound, and is trying to work out why he's there. Though it's a classic, none of the questions are ever answered, and it might actually have endured in the public consciousness for that very reason: anything the writers could think up for the grand finale wouldn't be as interesting as whatever the viewer was imagining.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26834 on: March 26, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

none of the questions are ever answered

>_> From what I heard there was a critical failure of a explanation given later.
Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 ... 2193