Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1789 1790 [1791] 1792 1793 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063085 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26850 on: March 27, 2016, 10:26:30 pm »

You're probably looking in the wrong places for romance series then.

- forget Harems, they never really pay out on the romance, with rare exceptions
- Clannad and other Keytm series aren't really about the romance either
- Nazo no Kanojo X: it's about a "relationship" but idk if I'd call it a real romance anime
- Sankarea: haven't seen this, but it's a possible one.

Some to check out could include:

Nana (though this is more like relationship trainwrecks than romcom)
Nodame Cantabile
Kimi no Todoke
Toradora
Lovely Complex
Skip Beat

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26851 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:00 pm »

Not really sure if they count as romcoms but Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Oregairu are both fantastic IMO.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26852 on: March 27, 2016, 10:35:01 pm »

I actually stopped watching that cat anime BECAUSE of the stupid Harem...

What is the point of a Harem if the characters
1) Aren't interesting
and
2) Cannot possibly get it on with out lead
and
3) Two of them are the exact same dang story.

Yes... I would have actually watched 12 episodes of an anime where ALL the main character does is reluctantly do good deeds for cats.

I cannot tolerate more then three episodes of stupid Harem Hijinks...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26853 on: March 27, 2016, 10:38:31 pm »

I cannot tolerate more then three episodes of stupid Harem Hijinks...
And then there's School Days which is sooooo cathartic
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26854 on: March 27, 2016, 10:48:10 pm »

It's not a romance anime, but if you like super robots then recently the romance plot in Aquarion Logos really stood out to me when I watched it. Twas adorable.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26855 on: March 27, 2016, 11:14:23 pm »

romance ... I'd be grateful for some recommendations tough, if you guys have any.
Ore Monogatari!! is a recent excellent example that hits all your criteria.

There's a lot more good romance manga than anime, though. Ancient Magus Bride is an incredibly good romance that'll be getting an anime soon. In general, what you're looking for is more likely to be in shoujo stuff, which isn't that popular except on specialized sites (ie, not MAL) but I don't have a good recommendation there since it's not my interest.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26856 on: March 27, 2016, 11:49:49 pm »

His and Her Circumstances is great while it lasts. Probs the most intense Gainax blue balls ever though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26857 on: March 28, 2016, 12:22:39 am »

It's not a romance anime, but if you like super robots then recently the romance plot in Aquarion Logos really stood out to me when I watched it. Twas adorable.
Wait, is that a continuation of Aquarion Genesis and Aquarion EVOL? I feel sorta obliged to watch it if it is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26858 on: March 28, 2016, 09:03:07 am »

Wait, is that a continuation of Aquarion Genesis and Aquarion EVOL? I feel sorta obliged to watch it if it is.
It's more of a reboot/AU. Though when it aired the first episode was packaged with a one episode OVA crossing over Genesis and EVOL. According to some other viewers (since I haven't gotten to seeing the other series entries yet) some parts of the plot of Logos parody some of the more unpopular decisions made by EVOL, or do them in a much better method.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:24:34 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26859 on: March 28, 2016, 11:16:58 am »

It's more of a reboot/AU. Though when it aired the first episode was packaged with a one episode OVA crossing over Genesis and EVOL. According to some other viewers (since I haven't gotten to seeing the other series entries yet) some parts of the plot of Logos parody some of the more unpopular decisions made by EVOL, or do them in a much better method.
It's functionally the same thing, though, considering the mythos of the series.

EVOL wasn't great, but I did enjoy how thoroughly it cockblocked a lot of the annoying sets of viewers almost continually. Genesis of Aquarion was... basically a strange mirrorverse of Evangelion where everybody overcame their issues and grew to understand one another. Though the CGI didn't age well. Fun stuff, for anyone who hasn't watched it. Just, uh, maybe don't watch in public, because the robot transformation sequence is remarkably orgasmic.

3. Run Resize Enable

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26860 on: March 28, 2016, 12:04:31 pm »

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll start to check some of these out once I emerge from the black pits of my office.

Interestingly, I've spent forever just watching different series without being majorly bothered by any of this stuff before. But a couple weeks ago It just occured to me that there is so much tease and shallow romance in so many of them, and they so rarely try to work it into the story so it actually means something. My girlfriend got me into everyday life with Monstergirls (Or however it's called), which I mostly like for it's goofy character designs, and that was were I actually started thinking if I ever watched a decent romance anime before, or heck, one with decent romance elements in it.

On a sidenote tough, I'm probably one of those plebs mentioned before in this thread, that make up "the masses" who bury decent series under mainstream junk. I really liked Bleach after all, and if you put me on the spot as to why it would probably amount to something along the lines of "I like swordfights and like the general look and feel of the series". Which is probably the equivalent of saying that I like Mc Donalds for it's Burgers.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26861 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:16 pm »

EVOL wasn't great, but I did enjoy how thoroughly it cockblocked a lot of the annoying sets of viewers almost continually. Genesis of Aquarion was... basically a strange mirrorverse of Evangelion where everybody overcame their issues and grew to understand one another. Though the CGI didn't age well. Fun stuff, for anyone who hasn't watched it. Just, uh, maybe don't watch in public, because the robot transformation sequence is remarkably orgasmic.

Well the thing is
Spoiler: sortof spoilers maybe? (click to show/hide)

On an unrelated note, a fun thing with Logos is that the MC is a fairly amusing parody/deconstruction of Mahouka-man style stoic genius main characters.

Spoiler: Genuine spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:09:54 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
April 1st
« Reply #26862 on: March 28, 2016, 01:41:40 pm »

Spoiler: diamonds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:43:51 pm by ToonyMan »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26863 on: March 28, 2016, 10:31:49 pm »

Well the thing is
Spoiler: sortof spoilers maybe? (click to show/hide)

On an unrelated note, a fun thing with Logos is that the MC is a fairly amusing parody/deconstruction of Mahouka-man style stoic genius main characters.

Spoiler: Genuine spoilers (click to show/hide)

Coolio, I'll have to catch it when I have more free time. That's one of the things I enjoyed about Genesis, how pretty much the entire cast had their own flaws and failings, and how what really mattered was their ability to overcome their differences to work together for the collective good--and how taking that step was emotionally beneficial in the end, too.

3. Run Resize Enable

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26864 on: March 29, 2016, 12:24:31 am »

So, uhhh, I'm reading... Boku No Hero Acedamia.
I like it, set in a world in the near future, superpowers suddenly arose in the world a few generations ago, to the point where people without powers are the minority, we focus on a kid without powers who always dreamed of becoming a hero but whose dreams were crushed once it was found out, so blah blah blah, some time in the future, he's a massive doormat who meets All Might, the number 1 superhero, who has the flying brick template without the flying part, long story short, All might gives his powers to our MC, who then finds out that the super-strength does not come with the prerequisite power of super-durability.
It gives a pretty interesting view on a world filled with super-powered people, and I like the characters, maybe I'm just not jaded enough to manga like this to see all of the boring, checklist-like shit that is what actually makes up the series, but I give it a greenlight for anyone who's still hankering for a good old little action series.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1789 1790 [1791] 1792 1793 ... 2193