Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066027 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26685 on: March 04, 2016, 04:08:04 pm »

Finished Yuuki Yuuna. That was a great ride.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26686 on: March 05, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

Well time to watch Sekkou Boys

and I have NO idea... if it is a parody or oddball comedy.

Basically it is a typical Idol anime... except the Idols are literally idols (statues/busts). Personally I am hoping Parody, since I wanna watch a good parody that is a parody.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:17:45 pm by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26687 on: March 05, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »

Watched Garakowa. In the same vein as PMMMMMM or Yuki Yuna, except it has to cram a dozen episodes worth of worldbuilding and characterisation into an hour timeslot. It's certainly got a lot of good ideas, and for the most part it's pretty well-executed (especially the art, it looks gorgeous), but the story's simply too rushed to say it's worth watching.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26688 on: March 05, 2016, 08:27:11 pm »

Ok I think I watched enough it is unfortunately just an oddball comedy.

Was hoping for some Hatoful Boyfriend parody levels :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26689 on: March 05, 2016, 09:51:33 pm »

Did you check out Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26690 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:31 am »

Did you check out Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun?

I'll check it out right now. So far so standard. Thick main character who can't tell when a woman is hitting on him and female lead who couldn't spit it out if her life depended on it.

Though in ALL fairness... at least with the male lead's position the misunderstanding is perfectly natural.

Also WOW... I thought the Comic Books code was bad... So you can show someone getting gunned down in a children's manga but not the main characters breaking the law.

You know... I could argue its not a parody (since the parody content doesn't actually happen), but who cares? It scratches that itch. (and nevermind it hits parody levels immediately second episode without question.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:17:22 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26691 on: March 06, 2016, 04:01:41 am »

Well, I'd say the romcom content of episode one does count as a parody, since the story is 100% not about that at all. So it's a troll set-up: start with the most cliched possible intro then totally do something else.

Shirobako did something similar. Episode one is as cliched as it can get, a highschool club x girls power-of-friendship thing. But then it timeskips, and the main character has graduated and is working in the anime industry, working on the exact same type of show that episode one represents.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:05:25 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26692 on: March 06, 2016, 04:04:22 am »

Well, I'd say the romcom content of episode one does count as a parody, since the story is 100% not about that at all. So it's a troll set-up: start with the most cliched possible intro then totally do something else.

I'd agree... if it didn't hit Poe's law... Since the "Cliché start and do something else" is like Romcom standard. Bait and Switch alone does not parody make.

Or rather "A parody no matter how ridiculous is indistinguishable from the real thing, if the reality is just as extreme"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26693 on: March 06, 2016, 04:07:23 am »

i don't agree in this case, since very little of the content of even episode 1 revolves around the romance set-up. Most of the episode was used to deconstruct specific shoujo manga cliches. You can't call "poe's law" on that either, it's quite obvious that they're subverting those tropes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26694 on: March 06, 2016, 05:13:58 am »

i don't agree in this case, since very little of the content of even episode 1 revolves around the romance set-up. Most of the episode was used to deconstruct specific shoujo manga cliches. You can't call "poe's law" on that either, it's quite obvious that they're subverting those tropes.

What I mean was... Because Romcom's subvert those tropes (heck normal romance does at this point) so regularly that it was impossible to tell with just the first episode. Well outside the whole bike set up.

Or rather the subversion of the cliché at this point is a cliché.

Heck even down to the "The cat attacked me when I was just trying to help it" being more common then actually helping the cat and the cat appreciating it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26695 on: March 06, 2016, 05:50:38 am »

Gekkan Shoujo spent most of the time mocking shoujo cliches/tropes though
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26696 on: March 06, 2016, 05:57:22 am »

Gekkan Shoujo spent most of the time mocking shoujo cliches/tropes though

The first episode is more making fun of the restrictions and limitations put on mangas at the time. Then actually making fun of the clichés. Hence why I wasn't sure first episode.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #26697 on: March 08, 2016, 08:33:17 pm »

Just caught up with Berserk.  Life is, in a word, Faggith.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26698 on: March 08, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

Whelp I finished Manga Creation anime and the ending was... "The story continues" :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26699 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:18 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:37:57 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 2193