Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067467 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26295 on: February 11, 2016, 01:48:20 pm »

Cory in the House was a live-action series. Since anime refers to Japanese animation and Cory in the House was neither Japanese nor animated, it was not an anime.
Cory In The House is commonly posed as an excellent anime in cases where definitions break down because, despite being apparently quite different from anime, it shares a lot of underlying writing paradigms. This applies to King of the Hill too, specifically with moe slice of life (as represented using this impressionist painting composed entirely of jpeg artifacts).

By the way, how come you guys only talk about old stuff? It's not the greatest season right now but KonoSuba is fun at least, and Dimension W is going interesting places.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:54:39 pm by Cruxador »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26296 on: February 11, 2016, 01:53:29 pm »

I mentioned Dimension W a few pages back. Shit's a real Golden Age throwback, good stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26297 on: February 11, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »

It's one of a small handful of games where I'm aching and wanting, my wallet is moist and ready, but the creators are simply not interested in giving me the good stuff I'm so desperately desirous of.
me too

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26298 on: February 11, 2016, 05:08:55 pm »

By the way, how come you guys only talk about old stuff? It's not the greatest season right now but KonoSuba is fun at least, and Dimension W is going interesting places.
I'm just not up to date on very much. Tokyo Ghoul (manga) and Seven Deadly Sins (anime) are my only real recent stuff.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26299 on: February 11, 2016, 05:42:02 pm »

JoJo hasn't started yet.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26300 on: February 11, 2016, 06:26:13 pm »

Nichijou?
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26301 on: February 11, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »

WOW!!! That is the most compromising picture I have ever seen!

A freeken PLUS Ojisan to Marshmallow.

Spoilers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26302 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:24 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26303 on: February 11, 2016, 08:13:40 pm »

I started watching Log Horizon. I'm trying to find other sources for it though, as my current one is kind of shit and seems to lag a lot.
I'm not using Crunchyroll, subscriptions are ableghkavnbgh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26304 on: February 12, 2016, 03:24:46 pm »

WOW!!! That is the most compromising picture I have ever seen!

A freeken PLUS Ojisan to Marshmallow.

Spoilers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why is a candy advertisement so good?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26305 on: February 12, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »

It's not the greatest season right now but KonoSuba is fun at least
Hmmm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26306 on: February 12, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »

Yup, KonoSuba was unexpectedly entertaining. The setting is like How to Pick up girls in a Dungeon, but it's executed better.

I started watching that Koukaku no Pandora one, but I think that was a mistake. The story is a mess, pacing sucks (ep 1 is setup, ep 2 shows a huge battle, but episodes 3-6 basically had zero action), and the comedy falls flat.

Pandora has much higher ratings than Active Raid, however, and that's just wrong. I think Active Raid is a much more watchable show. Active Raid is running a 5.9 on MAL, which is abnormally low. Even the most appalling series usually clock 6+, which would seem to indicate that Active Raid is worse eye-cancer than even the shittiest harem comedy. But that's just not true! It's not the best or worst show: it's a typical in-the-middle anime with good and bad aspects. I put the issue down to people who watched Active Raid expecting a gritty police story, but got something else, whereas nobody had any expectations for Pandora. The problem is that we shouldn't judge a series for not being something else, but judge it on it's own merits of what it actually is.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:47:22 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26307 on: February 12, 2016, 07:03:21 pm »

I think the real problem is trying to use MAL ratings for anything more nuanced than "7+ means it might be good"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26308 on: February 13, 2016, 08:37:20 am »

What is out and good right now?

I actually ran out of animes...

Well unless I go back to Kindaichi... but I am not sure I want to watch the world's worst detective.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26309 on: February 13, 2016, 08:49:22 am »

What is out and good right now?

I actually ran out of animes...

Well unless I go back to Kindaichi... but I am not sure I want to watch the world's worst detective.

I have the opposite problem, I have too much anime to watch. The size of my backlog is seeming insurmountable at this point actually, especially since I'm trying to chew through my OTHER backlog of downloaded youtube videos, which vlc player indicates is about 140 hours long in total. This is of course not counting my backlog of movies to watch, which adds about a hundred hours to that, and then there's my backlog of videogames, which would add I'm not sure how many thousands of hours of playtime that would total... and more things are being made all the time... I'm legitimately stressed out at the size and girth of my entertainment options...
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 2193