Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058546 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26070 on: January 19, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

Let me give you a sample (season 1 ep 12):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mn7B_yZGfs
They played more tennis in the first couple of seasons, then it veers wildly off course after that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26071 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »

Has anyone heard of the movie "Sarusuberi - Miss Hokusai"? I'd never heard of it before today, but I was in a store and flipping through an anime magazine and saw a screenshot of it, and I thought "That looks very Ghibli-ish, I must watch it." and while it was released in May of '15, I just straight up can't find it anywhere online.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26072 on: January 19, 2016, 02:54:21 pm »

Tonari no seki-kun is a pretty good short-ep-anime.

For shiggles decided to check out Osumatsu-San.
It's actually pretty good. Chuckle-funny.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26073 on: January 19, 2016, 03:09:38 pm »

Has anyone heard of the movie "Sarusuberi - Miss Hokusai"? I'd never heard of it before today, but I was in a store and flipping through an anime magazine and saw a screenshot of it, and I thought "That looks very Ghibli-ish, I must watch it." and while it was released in May of '15, I just straight up can't find it anywhere online.

The airing date for a movie is when it opened in the cinemas, not the DVD/BD release date.

There are raws that were uploaded to places just before christmas. I'm guessing it was released for the Christmas season in Japan, but nobody has subbed it yet.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:12:50 pm by Reelya »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26074 on: January 19, 2016, 10:50:06 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26075 on: January 20, 2016, 11:51:04 am »

Go read this...
Murder Mystery Manga
http://mangapark.me/manga/boku-dake-ga-inai-machi

I can't really explain it that well because almost anything I could say about it would be MAJOR spoilers. But go read it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26076 on: January 20, 2016, 12:22:29 pm »

But he's now a generic victim of anime hijinks and there's no self-awareness. I makes me like all the characters involved much less:
I feel like this would be moving out of "this anime is terrible" and into "headcanon acquired, wow this anime is dark" for me.

"A bunch of PTSD-suffering ghost soldiers are thrown a boytoy to vent their psychoses on and hopefully remain useful for longer" sounds like something I might even watch.

Go read this...
Murder Mystery Manga
http://mangapark.me/manga/boku-dake-ga-inai-machi

I can't really explain it that well because almost anything I could say about it would be MAJOR spoilers. But go read it...
Average 9.9 / 10 out of 233159 total votes.
Hm. That's either a generous site or one hell of a recommendation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26077 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »

boku dake ga inai machi is airing as an anime right now, it's my #1 pick for the season. Time-travel, murder-mystery. But it's the type where they unfold a single mystery across the entire series. It's doing pretty good in anime ratings too, currently #29 on MAL, which is above Death Note and Monster.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:36:28 pm by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26078 on: January 20, 2016, 01:40:38 pm »

So I wonder if the anime is as good as the manga.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26079 on: January 20, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »

EDIT: Thought I should mention Haruchika. The show itself isn't really all that interesting, it's a school slice of life mystery series based off some novels. What's interesting is that the main male character who solves the mysteries appears to be gay, but he's presented as a normal person: him being gay doesn't define the character, it's just a minor side-detail that's not all that relevant to the plot, which is pretty rare in most media.

EDITED: Just watched the Sushi Police episodes 1-3. It pretty much sucks on every level. Shitty CGI like a cheap Pixar knock off. The writing seems aimed at a 9-12 year olds level of comprehension, and they feel the need to explain many jokes through unfunny "punchlines" after the joke has been visually told already. Additionally, they go around the world and there are racist stereotypes of the locals they interact with. Normally, I say for these shows "it's only 3 minutes per week, why not check it out" but for this one I'm really questioning whether it's actually worth your 3 minutes.

As for other shorts, Yami Shibai season 3 is fairly enjoyable so far. Season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 however. It's basically 4-minute "ghost" stories (the kind of "ghost stories" kids tell to scare their friends, not stories about ghosts). Even the weaker episodes always leave you wondering "wtf did I just watch?"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:26:32 pm by Reelya »

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26080 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39:56 am »

Chihayafuru was the best selling manga last week with it's 30th volume, so I'm giving it a go.

It's pretty standard (read: boring) for a non-sports sports manga, but we'll see if it gets better.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26081 on: January 21, 2016, 09:20:06 pm »

So I have something stuck in my mind ever since I seen No Game No Life a terrible anime about two Mary Sues and their adventure through stupid idiot land.

There is this intriguing plot element where at one point the shut in Male Lead and a born slave with a mistress for a mother actually gain eachother's memories.

So we have someone who never really felt the love of a parent or have any real feelings of goodwill towards mankind suddenly knowing the warmth of a mother's love and the scorn and drudgery of being a slave.

And we have someone who truly cares for humans but who has been kept down her entire life suddenly gaining the memories of someone who has a crippling fear and axiety of others... who hates other people and feels like the worst person in the world is anyone who isn't him or his sister.

And the anime does... absolutely NOTHING with this...

DAMN IT!! I hate when bad animes stumble across a very interesting and deep concept and then never freeken explore it...

I mean... this is no Shonen Tokyo where the entire anime is set up like a satire of Idol life; complete with themes of artificiality, lost identity, and social emptiness; yet thinks it is a loving embrace of it... But still...

Mind you the anime that I think is probably the biggest unintentional satire isn't even a bad anime. Hajime No Ippo has probably done more to make me dislike Boxing, yet respect the actual athleticism, then anything I've seen before... Depicting it as a sort of "Anything you can get away with" with most boxers retiring because of injuries that will never heal.

Worse yet is while the fights in HnI are exaggerated, the cheating? Nope!

Ps. In Sports Animes Coaches, Doctors, and Refs are USELESS!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:29:10 pm by Neonivek »

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26082 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:48 am »

<snip>

Dude are you shit talking NGNL. Are you.

I'll fight you irl.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26083 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:44 am »

<snip>

Dude are you shit talking NGNL. Are you.

I'll fight you irl.

Not sure... if your joking...

But I didn't say anything any fan of NGNL should be unaware of. I didn't exaggerate or hyperbolize any of that information. It had this huge plot point and completely ignored it (it was basically a handwave for the main character)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26084 on: January 22, 2016, 04:04:08 am »

Ps. In Sports Animes Coaches, Doctors, and Refs are USELESS!
Only one I've ever seen is Kuroko no Basketball, and it goes ok.
Pages: 1 ... 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 ... 2193