Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1668 1669 [1670] 1671 1672 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3054909 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25035 on: October 19, 2015, 02:24:17 am »

DANG IT!!! My Kindaichi thing is off. Now how am I going to keep track?

I think I deleted my last counts last time I had a bout of depression xD

UUUUGH! Ohh well it is only about... 6 or 7 missed episodes (maybe 10)... and I at least have it tracked to episode 16...

On the plus side I get to see the case where he is pretty much responsible for the death of 5 people. On the other hand I see the case where he... actually does on ok job (mostly because the killer is completely incompetent but still).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:30:54 am by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25036 on: October 19, 2015, 03:53:47 am »

I wish I started using AnimeLab sooner. Having the server in Australia really makes a difference - I can actually stream things without stuttering!

Also checked out the first episode of The Asterisk War because the name is weird. It's very standard anime tropey: random superpowers, six(!) highschools, transfer student with mysterious past, girl getting changed right as someone walks in, boobs, some more boobs, and so on.
It doesn't seem like it'll be anything beyond "decent action anime" so far. Characters seem pretty straightforward. Not sure what to make of the story yet, although the premise is an uncomplicated superpower highschool thing. The animation is good (except for a couple of points where the artists were like "fire? screw that, have some red triangles instead"), and the fights are entertaining.
I'll keep up with it for now to see where things go. In the meantime it gets a (shaky) Rank Three: Watch If You're Bored (and don't mind story taking second place to action).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25037 on: October 19, 2015, 04:17:39 am »

Man, I should probably start using that too. The streams look pretty decent from that.

So I'm up on Concrete Revolutio, it looks like a really fun series.

Gonna start S2 of Owari no Seraph soon. I don't recommend starting this. It's like some guy took bits of a ton of popular light novels / action manga and stole as many ideas as possible. It's about this kid who's one of a handful of human survivor in a world overrun by vampires, who swears to wipe out the vamipres. Attack on Titan with vampires basically. But rather than any interesting weapon ideas they have cliched demon swords and the like. And (naturally) his best friend got turned into a vampire and now they're fighting each other with the demon swords. So it has touches of Code Geass, but without that pesky grey morality. Basically the whole thing is completely derivative and lacking in a single original idea. But I'm already half in, so I guess I'll finish it. In a way it's worse than Mahouka because at least the Mahouka guy tried something new (even if that was due to incompetence). Incompetently making up a new thing is better than competently churning out a potboiler.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:42:55 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25038 on: October 19, 2015, 06:20:23 am »

Please Young Black Jack, I don't care if you do bullshit surgeries, just stop being so DAMN HANDSOME! Your lips are just too weirdly supple and full and kissable, it's too distracting! And stop looking at things, with your eyes!They're too piercing and seductive, just keep them closed all the time! Oh no, my heterosexuality is melting awayyyyy!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25039 on: October 19, 2015, 06:23:31 am »

Please Young Black Jack, I don't care if you do bullshit surgeries, just stop being so DAMN HANDSOME! Your lips are just too weirdly supple and full and kissable, it's too distracting! And stop looking at things, with your eyes!They're too piercing and seductive, just keep them closed all the time! Oh no, my heterosexuality is melting awayyyyy!

Quick Jack! We need you to do a homoectomy on Joshua!

Or just send him the Black Jack fan art.

Is it wrong that I actually think Black Jack could do a "homoectomy"?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25040 on: October 19, 2015, 06:48:15 am »

I wish I started using AnimeLab sooner. Having the server in Australia really makes a difference - I can actually stream things without stuttering!

Also checked out the first episode of The Asterisk War because the name is weird. It's very standard anime tropey: random superpowers, six(!) highschools, transfer student with mysterious past, girl getting changed right as someone walks in, boobs, some more boobs, and so on.
It doesn't seem like it'll be anything beyond "decent action anime" so far. Characters seem pretty straightforward. Not sure what to make of the story yet, although the premise is an uncomplicated superpower highschool thing. The animation is good (except for a couple of points where the artists were like "fire? screw that, have some red triangles instead"), and the fights are entertaining.
I'll keep up with it for now to see where things go. In the meantime it gets a (shaky) Rank Three: Watch If You're Bored (and don't mind story taking second place to action).
I dunno, I would probably place it lower, the fight scenes are too... Light? I guess? I just feel like there's a lack of weight which is not helped by the fact that the swords make lightsaber noises.
Maybe I'm just spoiled by Fate/Stay Night, who knows.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25041 on: October 19, 2015, 10:17:36 am »

I heard it put best like this: Of all the shitty LN-harem style magic-highschool series produced this year, Asterisk War is the least shit.

Don't mean it's good, y'all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25042 on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:51 am »

Aren't we all. Fight scenes will never be as good again as they were before Unlimited Budget works. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25043 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:32 pm »

Don't mean it's good, y'all.
It's not-shit enough to be okay. That or I just have a high tolerance for shit, which is also likely.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25044 on: October 19, 2015, 06:08:49 pm »

Aren't we all. Fight scenes will never be as good again as they were before Unlimited Budget works. :P
Saw a compilation of Precure fight scenes and thought those were adorably great fisticuffs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25045 on: October 19, 2015, 06:16:02 pm »

Nothing beats Ninja Slayer's fight scenes though. No expense spared incurred.

EDIT: Monogatari series continues to be weird as hell this season. I'm getting a lot of additional maths knowledge from the current story arc. First episode covered Euler's Identity, second episode is explaining the Monty Hall probability problem :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:51:19 pm by Reelya »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25046 on: October 19, 2015, 09:18:04 pm »

Saw a compilation of Precure fight scenes and thought those were adorably great fisticuffs.
I should probably check out both of these. Well, all three, since I still haven't seen any UBW either.

EDIT: Monogatari series continues to be weird as hell this season. I'm getting a lot of additional maths knowledge from the current story arc. First episode covered Euler's Identity, second episode is explaining the Monty Hall probability problem :D
Oh no. They've expended cooking, mathservice is next.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25047 on: October 19, 2015, 09:53:41 pm »

Clearly they need to skip the intervening steps and move straight to mathematical cooking calculative foodgasms.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25048 on: October 19, 2015, 10:38:45 pm »

I should probably check out both of these. Well, all three, since I still haven't seen any UBW either.
I have to warn you. Precure is MASSIVE. There are I think 12 separate animes, most if not all does the old school 40 episode thing. Also some movies.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25049 on: October 19, 2015, 11:28:44 pm »

Yeah, precure is HUGE. I watched the first two seasons, but got bored of it since it's pretty much Sailor Moon-lite, with nothing really surprising or attention-grabbing ever happening. It's the show made for young girls ages 3-12. Some of the music is definitely catchy though, I'll admit.

I did watch the live action movie, done in the style of a stage play, which is enormously fun if only for the fact that all the actors wore these oversized cardboard heads to give them the chibi-deformation look with huge eyes and hairstyles.
Pages: 1 ... 1668 1669 [1670] 1671 1672 ... 2193