Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061748 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19575 on: October 04, 2014, 06:12:19 am »

Just call him Steve
I call him Frank.

Cookie if you get the reference.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19576 on: October 04, 2014, 12:43:58 pm »

Waiting for three animes to finish their next seasons.

Two of which are getting one officially, one which hasn't yet...

Hajime No Ippo, Uhh that Card Game Wish Granting Girls game thing, and World's Mightiest Disciple

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #19577 on: October 04, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »

I now officially crown G-Reconguista as the second coming of the 70s/80s.

Well now.

THIS sounds interesting.

Mad Bull stuff
And this also. Bookmarked, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:46:27 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19578 on: October 04, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

Mad Bull stuff
And this also. Bookmarked, thanks.
I don't think I'd love it so much if it didn't have the hilarious english dub. It's seriously great.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19579 on: October 04, 2014, 02:30:52 pm »

Hm. Just caught LG S02E01, and I'm moderately pleased with it. It's good to see that they can manage the same sort of interesting content and teasing without a glacial pace, and I got all sorts of laughs from the confused comments of people who didn't understand the brief timeskip scenes, even when they included blatant temporal markers.

Also finally got around to starting Aldnoah Zero, and it's living up to what I've heard thusfar --
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19580 on: October 04, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »

On a whim I watched this old anime called Mad Bull, it's an action-comedy about New York cops and holy shit I really like this somehow. There's lots of killing, a guy literally gets his head blown off in the first two minutes, and the show isn't shy at all about it's explicit content. There's always stuff happening, all the bad guys are completely evil and they all have guns (and the good guys aren't so good either), and the dubbing is so over the top it's fantastic, reminds me a lot of Ghost Stories.

It's got this weird mix of stark reality and pulp novel action (the main character cops kill people and no one bats an eye) that I really love. It's also extremely lewd, there's few moments where someone isn't naked, sex isn't happening, or being talked about. It's really hard to describe what's good about the show without it making it sound incredibly shallow, but it really really isn't. Or I'm just crazy. :v
Mad Bull is pretty awesome, yes.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19581 on: October 04, 2014, 11:52:15 pm »

On a whim I watched this old anime called Mad Bull, it's an action-comedy about New York cops and holy shit I really like this somehow. There's lots of killing, a guy literally gets his head blown off in the first two minutes, and the show isn't shy at all about it's explicit content. There's always stuff happening, all the bad guys are completely evil and they all have guns (and the good guys aren't so good either), and the dubbing is so over the top it's fantastic, reminds me a lot of Ghost Stories.

It's got this weird mix of stark reality and pulp novel action (the main character cops kill people and no one bats an eye) that I really love. It's also extremely lewd, there's few moments where someone isn't naked, sex isn't happening, or being talked about. It's really hard to describe what's good about the show without it making it sound incredibly shallow, but it really really isn't. Or I'm just crazy. :v
Also I never seen a man bleed out like a fountain after being shot in the ass so many times and created the grenade jockstrap.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19582 on: October 04, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »

^^Not sure what you're talking about, have only seen the first episode.

Also Area 88 rules, if just for the opening: http://youtu.be/SowhxMT3dzE

In the actual OP for the OVA, while that song is playing there's slow flames going on the whole time. One of the most epic things I've ever seen. It makes me want to try doing another pilot portrait.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19583 on: October 05, 2014, 02:18:22 am »

has it occurred to anyone that the cicadas in every single anime are the same

take a series that has cicadas in it and compare it to just about any other

same fucking sample

stock cicadas

how hard is it to get original cicadas with the budget some of these fuckers get you can afford insects can't you

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19584 on: October 05, 2014, 02:24:01 am »

Have you even listened to RL cicadas?

They sound all the same.
._.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19585 on: October 05, 2014, 02:27:00 am »

Pretty much. When my cousins came over to visit during cicada season they commented on how they sound just like the anime ones.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19586 on: October 05, 2014, 03:02:38 am »

Yeah. At least it isn't canned laughter.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19587 on: October 05, 2014, 06:29:49 am »

Yeah. At least it isn't canned laughter.
It's like the Wilhelm Scream of Anime.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19588 on: October 05, 2014, 10:46:21 am »

Reading a Manga called "Ruler of the Land" its about Chinese Swordfu stuff. One of those...
Anyway, Maincharacter is kinda weird, can copy ANY technique he sees, not perfectly or anything, heck other then his copied skills the only thing he knows how to do is run, using one of those super running/jumping kungfu skills...
But the ONE THING that keeps happening is that whenever he goes unconscious from a large amount of damage that would put normal people into comas or deathbeds, people keep trying to kill him with attacks that require physical contact. Why is this bad. CAUSE HE CAN SUCK THE KI OUT OF YOU AND HEAL HIMSELF WITH IT..... Gah, someone send the badguys a memo, stop touching him ffs...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19589 on: October 05, 2014, 11:35:41 am »

Reading a Manga called "Ruler of the Land" its about Chinese Swordfu stuff. One of those...
Anyway, Maincharacter is kinda weird, can copy ANY technique he sees, not perfectly or anything, heck other then his copied skills the only thing he knows how to do is run, using one of those super running/jumping kungfu skills...
But the ONE THING that keeps happening is that whenever he goes unconscious from a large amount of damage that would put normal people into comas or deathbeds, people keep trying to kill him with attacks that require physical contact. Why is this bad. CAUSE HE CAN SUCK THE KI OUT OF YOU AND HEAL HIMSELF WITH IT..... Gah, someone send the badguys a memo, stop touching him ffs...
That's a pretty overpowered ability, if you can use it while unconscious.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 2193