Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066741 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18135 on: July 04, 2014, 10:05:13 pm »

Ok, I dare people to watch Mahouka.
I'll watch it after I finish Fist of the North Star.
And the Devil Survivor 2 animation.
And the Persona 4 animation.
Maybe I'll watch Ghost in the Shell again too.

Also after Space Brothers.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: July 04, 2014, 10:09:55 pm »

This is the only place I really pay attention to for anime news, and the consensus here seems to be that it's crap. The idea that people actually seem to like it is a strange one to me.

Different strokes for different folks, yo.

That being said, I haven't watched it either, and included it in my list of "god tier animus" as a sarcastic jab at how bad Mahouka sounds in comparison to all the other animes this thread has hyped and said good things about.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: July 04, 2014, 10:44:21 pm »

Okuu doesn't snipe people over the horizon. Also she cannot regenerate from everything.

I bet current Tatsuya can take Okuu head on and win.

Do you honestly believe that? As I said his weaknesses are less believable then his strengths at this point.

If someone said "Hey, I bet you couldn't regenerate from annihilation" he would take that as a dare and do it inbetween eating dohnuts.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: July 04, 2014, 11:07:18 pm »

II think you interpreted that backwards Neonivek, Sergarr was saying Tatsuya is unbeatable.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: July 04, 2014, 11:22:44 pm »

II think you interpreted that backwards Neonivek, Sergarr was saying Tatsuya is unbeatable.

ohhh opps

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: July 04, 2014, 11:51:52 pm »

Tatsuya's sister gets a bit overlooked, but she's pretty much a huge "Sue" as well. Perfect at everything, and every male bloom is inexplicably obsessed with her even though she has a really annoying personality and only one topic of conversation - every utterance always links back to her brother, without fail, no matter what other people are talking about.

Also, the male blooms freak out that she wants to hang with her own brother: "she's a bloom, blooms don't hang with weeds!", etc etc, yet other bloom girls cosy up to Tatsuya all the time and nobody ever bats an eyelid at that. So she's sue-ish to the point that everyone in the show is irrational.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: July 05, 2014, 12:03:34 am »

Tatsuya's sister gets a bit overlooked, but she's pretty much a huge "Sue" as well. Perfect at everything, and every male bloom is inexplicably obsessed with her even though she has a really annoying personality and only one topic of conversation - every utterance always links back to her brother, without fail, no matter what other people are talking about.

Also, the male blooms freak out that she wants to hang with her own brother: "she's a bloom, blooms don't hang with weeds!", etc etc, yet other bloom girls cosy up to Tatsuya all the time and nobody ever bats an eyelid at that. So she's sue-ish to the point that everyone in the show is irrational.
I only got a little ways into the manga, but I did notice and mention that. The fact that, as you say, everything about her has to do with her brother probably helps a lot with that, since she's piling her Sueite onto Tatsuya almost by definition.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: July 05, 2014, 12:49:28 am »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:45:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: July 05, 2014, 11:22:33 am »

Sailor Moon remake started. Can't say much on it since I never saw the original. What do you guys think?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: July 05, 2014, 11:32:02 am »

Sailor Moon remake started. Can't say much on it since I never saw the original. What do you guys think?
I don't think I EXISTED when the original Sailor Moon was on.  I think it's on Crunchyroll though...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: July 05, 2014, 11:33:01 am »

I have no clue what the hell Sailor Moon is.
Anyone mind elaborating?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18146 on: July 05, 2014, 11:35:43 am »

Anyone mind elaborating?

it's a series about magical girls.

i am too baffled to explain

go

find at least one volume of the manga

do not return until you've read it

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: July 05, 2014, 11:37:31 am »

Anyone mind elaborating?

it's a series about magical girls.

i am too baffled to explain

go

find at least one volume of the manga

do not return until you've read it
Clearly you have to punish him in the name of [DATA EXPUNGED].

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: July 05, 2014, 11:52:59 am »

Huh. Oh well, time to get started on my next gunpla project. I picked it up at Anime Midwest

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: July 05, 2014, 11:53:27 am »

Lol, Crunchyroll servers exploded from the SAO II streaming.

Edit: Oh god no they went maintenance while i was streaming and now i cant watch further
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:57:15 am by FireCrazy »
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 2193