Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067617 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18000 on: June 25, 2014, 01:27:14 pm »

Berserk?
Theres a wizard in that?
The only thing i remember in that series one handed gore fests and giant demon dong.

Eventually. Wizards start popping up like 250 chapters into the manga. Haven't watched the anime so dunno when they start popping up in that.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18001 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:29 pm »

Well, it can be shonen. Just not bad shonen.
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. I enjoyed that one a lot. A bit shonen-y but really good world-building and an ensemble cast with diverse characters.

Oh, and season 2's main arc revolves around a whole kingdom of wizards.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:38:50 pm by Reelya »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18002 on: June 25, 2014, 01:44:26 pm »

Berserk?
Theres a wizard in that?
The only thing i remember in that series one handed gore fests and giant demon dong.
The manga, not the animu.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18003 on: June 25, 2014, 01:58:47 pm »

Hitsugi no Chaika is fantasy, just finished airing season 1. It's not bad popcorn viewing.

One funny little meta observation is that the author wrote in a really OP ally for the good guys, but they always seem to get taken out of action for one reason or another, when there's an important fight.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18004 on: June 25, 2014, 02:59:40 pm »

Berserk?
Theres a wizard in that?

Eventually. Wizards start popping up like 250 chapters into the manga. Haven't watched the anime so dunno when they start popping up in that.

They don't, because the anime cut off at the end of the Eclipse, before any of the real plot started.

If you haven't seen it already, Record of Lodoss War might scratch the itch. Nanoha is fairly plot/character-driven once it stops pretending to be a monster-of-the-week magical girl show a handful of episodes into the first season, and the magic is systemic maths-based stuff (though in practice it still boils down to 'wave staff/sword/fist, chant, things explode'). As others have mentioned, Log Horizon is fairly good as well. Reading Negima is worthwhile; I dislike both shonen and harem tropes, but it's suitably awesome to overcome them, especially because they're being used in a friendly-mocking sort of way. I'll also second reading Berserk, considering that once you're past a certain point it is pretty magic-heavy. Most of the other stuff from the surface of my mind right now is in your no-go zone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18005 on: June 25, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:45:43 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18006 on: June 25, 2014, 03:16:18 pm »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18007 on: June 25, 2014, 04:28:42 pm »

I stopped watching Log Horizon before the goblin arc cause i wanted the season to finish up but then forgot. Nanoha, i would watch it again, i stopped due to the constant yuri dumps in my emails at that time >_>
Record of Lodoss War, ill try that next. I mostly with manga these days cause I'm sick of the new anime being the same damn shit.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18008 on: June 25, 2014, 06:20:57 pm »

Based on your recommendation, and with a little alcohol for courage, I am now watching an anime named "Princess Tutu".  If you guys were screwing with me I will hunt you down and lick your face.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18009 on: June 25, 2014, 08:04:11 pm »

Based on your recommendation, and with a little alcohol for courage, I am now watching an anime named "Princess Tutu".  If you guys were screwing with me I will hunt you down and lick your face.
No, we wouldn't do that.  I assure you, it's the best ballet anime about a transforming duck I've ever seen. ^_^

Nah, but seriously, it's really, really good.  I quite loved it when I saw it. 

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18010 on: June 25, 2014, 08:46:29 pm »

Watched No Game No Life. Despite people talk shit about it, I liked it generally but can't really tell why.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18011 on: June 25, 2014, 09:02:34 pm »

It's not really horrible or anything, it's just built from a lot of dodgy parts. Basically a thinly disguised harem with lots of fanservice, ecchi jokes, and a loose connecting plot with a gamer + fantasy theme. The writer certainly knows what he's doing much more than Mahouka.

Each time the hero wins a game, he seems to gain another female admirer or follower, and each time there is also an inevitable scene with lots of steam (which I imagine will be removed in the Blu Rays) where his collection of "girls-so-far" all wash each other in the royal baths. Half the girls have huge breasts, the other half look 12.

It's also hyped like crazy, currently scoring 8.80 on MAL, putting it in the top 30 anime ever created, which is just plain nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:15:43 pm by Reelya »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18012 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »

Just finished episode 11 of Space Dandy. This show just gets weirder and weirder as it goes on. I love it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18013 on: June 25, 2014, 09:18:33 pm »

What? I just check NGNL on MAL and the rating jumped to 8.84, up from 8.80 this morning, putting it ahead of Death Note and Mushishi. It's hard to believe this ranking, and that the ranking jumped so fast.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18014 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:09 pm »

Heads up, if you don't know it the movie Edge of Tomorrow is based on All you Need is Kill. It's quite good.
Well I know one movie I'm adding to my list of movies I should watch sometime. I never would've heard of this otherwise, thanks Vector-chan.

What? I just check NGNL on MAL and the rating jumped to 8.84, up from 8.80 this morning, putting it ahead of Death Note and Mushishi. It's hard to believe this raking, and that the ranking jumped so fast.
Internet hype. The hype train has no brakes. Surprised it got higher than KLK though, considering how popular KLK got to be.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 2193