Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079931 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13905 on: June 02, 2013, 03:05:27 am »

The streams are pretty high quality as well
dohoho, you kidding me? all of the major anime stream sites have some real issues with their video players; crunchyroll likes to crash flash, funimation it just not loads or desync audio, and theanimenetwork the stupid servers drop connections.i know animenetwork is currently rebuilding their library so its playable on the Istuffbut for performance i has no idea.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: June 02, 2013, 04:21:51 am »

dohoho, you kidding me? all of the major anime stream sites have some real issues with their video players; crunchyroll likes to crash flash, funimation it just not loads or desync audio, and theanimenetwork the stupid servers drop connections.i know animenetwork is currently rebuilding their library so its playable on the Istuffbut for performance i has no idea.

Really? I have never had a single problem with crunchyroll crashing flash and I have watched quite a bit on there and a quick search on the support forums for Crunchyroll shows that no one else is having the issue either. The only thing I could find on it was a thread from three years ago about it crashing with a specific version of flash, so maybe they have fixed the problem since you last used it.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: June 02, 2013, 04:27:21 am »

I don't really like streaming anime. You get better quality of video and subs from dl'ing anime. Not to mention you can watch it on bigass TV screen or anywhere without internet access.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: June 02, 2013, 05:21:51 am »

I can't really download anime on an iPad, though. My dilemma is the fact that I don't have access to a computer, and won't for at least another week, if not longer.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: June 02, 2013, 07:36:13 am »

Are you using Firefox?  Firefox has a habit of causing things to not work.

e: Oh right, and watch Rebuild 3 last night.  I think I actually kindof understand what's happening in NGE now.  Only took 25 episodes and 3.5 movies.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:50:58 am by Leafsnail »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: June 02, 2013, 08:09:26 pm »

L-Elf x Haruto OTP
IM A MONSTER BOOHOOOHOHOOOOOOOOO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: June 02, 2013, 08:33:35 pm »

I dunno i have nuked flash before and reinstalled it to latest but still kaputs. I'll just wait for a blu ray release and maybe watch a couple of shows via stream.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: June 02, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »

Whelp I finished Fairy Tail relatively quickly.

It certainly has one of the more interesting tournament arcs I ever seen. In the sense that the villains don't just win everything until the heroes step in and there is quite a bit of focus with the non-main characters as well.

In conclusion I give the series... a 6.5.

I give Prince of Tennis a 6 (which is probably being generous)

Whelp now I am free to watch a good anime... now what was the one someone suggested to me? Hmmm
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:48:56 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:52 am »

I dunno i have nuked flash before and reinstalled it to latest but still kaputs. I'll just wait for a blu ray release and maybe watch a couple of shows via stream.

I had similar issues, but a full reset of FireFox fixed it, under FireFox -> Help -> Troubleshooting information -> "Reset Firefox to its default state", you have to reinstall all your plugins afterwards, though it should keep your general settings and bookmarks, but it fixed all the glitches.

---

IDK Neonevik, have you seen these (one "new" one, and one "old" one of each length):

Sakamichi no Apollon, Haibane Renmei ~12 eps
Mushishi, Dennou Coil  ~25 eps each
Bakuman, Monster ~75 eps each.

Hell, it would help if you started with myanimelist or something so i could see what you've already seen. There's some stuff I would recommend to you but feel it's "too obvious" and would be insulting to you, but maybe "obvious" to me isn't the same as what you've caught up with.

EDIT: How could i forget "Tatami Galaxy", "Welcome to the NHK", "Mawaru Penguindrum". "Denpa Onna To seishun Otoko", "Arakawa Under The Bridge". I like shows where there's something a bit weird going on:

Mawaru Penguindrum - Plot

A terminally ill girl named Himari Takakura is miraculously saved from death by a strange spirit who resides in a penguin-shaped hat. However, in exchange for extending her life, the spirit tasks Himari's brothers, Kanba and Shōma, to seek out an elusive item known as the Penguin Drum with assistance from a trio of strange penguins.

And i did mention Abenobashi to you a couple of pages ago. Aka "Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi". It's kinda interesting, though there are many shows i would actually recommend more highly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:17:51 am by Reelya »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: June 03, 2013, 12:44:00 pm »

You know what about that list? I maybe only watch a 1/16 of it :P

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: June 03, 2013, 01:35:19 pm »

Pfft, only 56 days of completed anime :P.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: June 03, 2013, 05:36:30 pm »

A new Manga just appeared on MangaFox. Thought I would share it cause it looks hellainteresting...

Imagine if you will, a simple game we all know. King. A simple card game where those that draw the King Card can give orders to those lower in rank. Now imagine if those orders were absolute...

Summoned to a hidden world 7 Childhood Friends are brought before a Young Female Saint that was burned alive at the End of the Meigi Restoration, a time where Christianity was still Forbidden and those that followed it were killed. This Saint charges the students with a task, Build a Kingdom and make disciples of all nations...

At Midnight ranks are changed between them, King/Queen, Noble and Peasant. Each rank must follow the orders of those above with absolute response. Will giving these powers to young minds be wise for their friendships and morality. But what other goals are there in this twisted yet simple game...

http://mangafox.me/manga/oukoku_game/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13918 on: June 03, 2013, 06:31:07 pm »

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cipheron&show=0&order=4
Blue Gender has got to be one of my favorites. Super depressing though, and I'd rather watch something thats a bit more cheerful. But the action is seriously insane.

It was a mistake to watch Berserk. There's SO much cool stuff that gets left out of the adaptation.

I'm a fan of Gundam (though not as big as most, really) and Unicorn has got to be the best OVA series I've ever seen.

I'm watching Planetes, Squid Girl and Clannad right now, and I just finished some series I can't remember the name of.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: June 03, 2013, 06:36:13 pm »

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cipheron&show=0&order=4
Blue Gender has got to be one of my favorites. Super depressing though, and I'd rather watch something thats a bit more cheerful. But the action is seriously insane.

It was a mistake to watch Berserk. There's SO much cool stuff that gets left out of the adaptation.

I'm a fan of Gundam (though not as big as most, really) and Unicorn has got to be the best OVA series I've ever seen.

I'm watching Planetes, Squid Girl and Clannad right now, and I just finished some series I can't remember the name of.
I still wouldn't pass on Berserk though its still cool with what is cut out, i would avoid the first new movie though.
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 2193