Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079920 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13890 on: May 30, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »

what... is that?

issat?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

issat a motherfucking space ninja?

a motherfucking poorly drawn space ninja?

from the eighties?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: May 30, 2013, 10:10:38 pm »

I've been wondering if I should watch Votoms for a long time. Now I know that I must.

Oh, and as far as Legend of the Galactic Heroes goes (in my experience), treat it like any other lengthy space opera: take it a few bits at a time. But not too slowly, or you'll forget who half the characters are.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: May 31, 2013, 06:49:44 am »

Started watching Chobits because I had nothing better to do. Has this guy never seen a woman before? This is way worse than normal anime awkwardness around girls. That and he completely falls for any and all female characters he meets.
Also the entire script for episode 3 might as well be 20 pages of the word 'underpants'.
Spoiler: best face so far (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: May 31, 2013, 08:33:42 am »

Has this guy never seen a woman before? This is way worse than normal anime awkwardness around girls. That and he completely falls for any and all female characters he meets.
You're beginning to understand their target audience.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: May 31, 2013, 08:51:27 am »

Started watching Chobits because I had nothing better to do. Has this guy never seen a woman before? This is way worse than normal anime awkwardness around girls. That and he completely falls for any and all female characters he meets.
Also the entire script for episode 3 might as well be 20 pages of the word 'underpants'.
Hideki apparently was so rural that his exposure to women were null, how he knew about the persocoms is beyond me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: May 31, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »

Here's another Manga for ya guys. An interesting story about Witches and those that hunt them due to the seeming effect that happens to a Witch when she gets her Hat (a mana like storage device) after she awakens. They go flipping mad with power...
The story is about a young man who is seeking his younger sister who had awaken, who naturally goes off her nut, but not only due to the huge power, there is someone out there manipulating the witches for her own gains and plans. Can the young man and his Supporter, a Pumpkin Headed Swordsman Familiar, Halloween, save his sister??? Oh and not to mention, there is more to Halloween then meets the Eye...

http://mangafox.me/manga/witch_hunter/

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:59:36 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: May 31, 2013, 12:57:14 pm »

Well plus the fact that in the Animeverse mental stability is an illusion.

People will go nuts at the drop of a hat.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: May 31, 2013, 10:52:02 pm »

Here's another Manga for ya guys. An interesting story about Witches and those that hunt them due to the seeming effect that happens to a Witch when she gets her Hat (a mana like storage device) after she awakens. They go flipping mad with power...
The story is about a young man who is seeking his younger sister who had awaken, who naturally goes off her nut, but not only due to the huge power, there is someone out there manipulating the witches for her own gains and plans. Can the young man and his Supporter, a Pumpkin Headed Swordsman Familiar, Halloween, save his sister??? Oh and not to mention, there is more to Halloween then meets the Eye...

http://mangafox.me/manga/witch_hunter/
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: May 31, 2013, 11:11:10 pm »

Well plus the fact that in the Animeverse mental stability is an illusion.

People will go nuts at the drop of a hat.

Maybe manga and anime are all actually aping Shakespeare and madness is never actually just madness, but is rather a metaphor for some other character flaw.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: June 01, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

The only thing I liked about Chobits was the 2nd quarter's ending theme. Seriously, nobody should watch Chobits, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of better and lesser-known shows out there in similar genres.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: June 01, 2013, 01:19:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: June 01, 2013, 02:29:29 pm »

The only thing I liked about Chobits was the 2nd quarter's ending theme. Seriously, nobody should watch Chobits, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of better and lesser-known shows out there in similar genres.
I'm really only watching it because it's there on Netflix and I have nothing better to do. That and I can't use my usual anime site on my iPad, which is the only thing I have at the moment.

EDIT:
It seems there's a Crunchyroll mobile app. It's not my usual site but now I don't really have much of an excuse.
Oh, it requires a subscription. Never mind, then.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:48:05 pm by AlleeCat »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: June 01, 2013, 03:35:38 pm »

I'm really only watching it because it's there on Netflix and I have nothing better to do. That and I can't use my usual anime site on my iPad, which is the only thing I have at the moment.

EDIT:
It seems there's a Crunchyroll mobile app. It's not my usual site but now I don't really have much of an excuse.
Oh, it requires a subscription. Never mind, then.
yea crunchyroll are chumps on their subscriptions plus they only have subs which i don't mind (good dubs are ultra-rare). let me check my piles and see what i can dig up for ye

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: June 01, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

I think their subscription is pretty reasonably priced for what it gives you (IE Fate/Zero, Attack on Titan).

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: June 01, 2013, 04:33:55 pm »

The streams are pretty high quality as well
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 2193