Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063218 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10950 on: April 03, 2012, 05:17:48 pm »

DDD is pretty interesting so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never disappoint Nasu.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »

So I've been sick for the last couple days, and up through episode 7 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica (or whatever it's called).

I was initially impressed, magic girl anime are always fun, especially when in a down mood. And I _really_  like the way the combat scenes and labrynith's are animated. It was definitely going to be cute and totally awesome!

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: April 03, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »

I really kinda liked Magica Madoka. I think it could have been better, and the whole world could have been a bit more realized, and the main characters could be a bit less naive and gullible (I mean, like, serious. They're naive and gullible even for highschool girls), but I still think it was pretty good.

EDIT: Whenever I think of Grimdark Magical Girls, a genre I personally think isn't exploited enough, I always think of Sailor Nothing:

http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:42:31 pm by JoshuaFH »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #10953 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »

Seriously screw this game.
D:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:00:09 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: April 03, 2012, 07:46:08 pm »

When I say "screw this game" it's not a completely bad thing.  I just get angry at the glaring flaws I don't like or the fact I'm getting messed with severely.
...I wouldn't still be playing it either.

EDIT:
I admit I really like the way of thinking the author proposes sometimes.  He does it similarly in 999 except it's just executed way better I think.  Anyway I'll shut up and read the next route...

OH AND I'M ON VOLUME 25 OF BERSERK I kind of got distracted but I'm still reading regularly.  Ugh with DDD and Daiteikoku and Kara no Shoujo and Katawa Shoujo I'm going nowhere fast.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:50:53 pm by ToonyMan »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #10955 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »

Oh shoot, I hadn't even heard of 999 and it's released in English! That's almost as good as getting a translation of 12Riven. Purchasing immediately.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: April 03, 2012, 10:53:57 pm »

Oh shoot, I hadn't even heard of 999 and it's released in English! That's almost as good as getting a translation of 12Riven. Purchasing immediately.
Holy shit dude.  999 is the bomb.  You're gonna love it!

EDIT:
The entire 6th volume of DKaiji translated as an anniversary present?  You are the bomb too FKMTkrazy!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:46:27 pm by ToonyMan »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: April 04, 2012, 12:49:17 am »

I'm watching a 2 part OVA Denpa Teki na Kanojo from 2009 right now, am halfway through.
Is pretty interesting so far, might be a good watch for people who liked Higurashi.

EDIT: Haha Toonyman I just found your screencap from Jan for this, and it's literally what I saw 2 minutes before posting this, which made me think of Higurashi.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:12:54 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:51 am »

Electromagnetic Girlfriend is a pretty good little OVA if I say so myself.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: April 04, 2012, 01:21:46 am »

I'm watching a 2 part OVA Denpa Teki na Kanojo from 2009 right now, am halfway through.
Is pretty interesting so far, might be a good watch for people who liked Higurashi.
EDIT: Haha Toonyman I just found your screencap from Jan for this, and it's literally what I saw 2 minutes before posting this, which made me think of Higurashi.

Electromagnetic Girlfriend is a pretty good little OVA if I say so myself.
Yeah I suppose.  Better than others...

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10960 on: April 04, 2012, 01:23:28 am »

Started reading Hajime no Ippo. Really liking it so far. I really didn't think I would, but I'm surprised.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: April 04, 2012, 01:29:49 am »

Started reading Hajime no Ippo. Really liking it so far. I really didn't think I would, but I'm surprised.

I loved Hajime no Ippo for so long, such a manly little boxing manga AND super awesome anime. I never finished the manga though, if only due to the eight hundred something existing chapters, and the main character's obstinate refusal to grow a pair and just get serious for the girl that is literally waiting and hanging onto him for YEARS, not even looking at any other guys, just waiting waiting WAITING for him to finally come out and admit his really super obvious feelings for her.

It's kind of sickening actually. I know it's a staple of shonen, but goddamn enough is enough already.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:44 pm »

Apparently, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is being streamed in English weekly or something by the company that owns the rights to it here. That's pretty neat, I'll be on a plane for the next episode though! So sad.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: April 05, 2012, 02:27:50 am »

This is from the BD special if you're wondering.  DDD for the most part is pretty neat, definitely not stopping.  I think I can admit now I'm a total fan of Nasu's writing/works.  I wish I had the time to do more stuff...

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:54 am »

Then how about this for rephrasing the "spoilers":
A story based on the premise of a battle royal where only one servant/master team is supposed to survive has at least one servant die. This death is portrayed onscreen and makes for an interesting scene.
You mentioned the specific name, though; that's totally different.

I'd also consider the other two (and the rest of the middle one) to be minor spoilers because they create anticipation- you've now got it in your head that the Berserker fight is more awesome than the other ones, for instance, so now instead of watching it completely normally you've got a voice in the back of your head going "Is this the awesome one I heard about?" or "This one wasn't mentioned, so it's probably not that awesome."

Not crippling, but still better avoided.

*shrug*

I'm assuming that almost everyone is going into fate zero having seen/read fate stay night already, so it isn't much of a spoiler there.

I don't see anticipation as a negative thing. It's kind of to be assumed. If the story had the coolest fights in the early bits, then it would peak to early in that respect. This story is well-written enough that the reader can expect a good build-up to the story climax.

Still, I'll put those pseudo-spoilers into spoiler tags when I mention them again. I trust that that will satisfy all parties involved?

--Change of Subject--

I've been watching the Berserk anime. The old show, not the movie. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's got really good voice acting. I'm 3 episodes before the end. Two episodes away from the Eclipse. I'm really nervous about getting to that part.

I'm kind of behind on the manga, but I remember that when the berserker armor was introduced, Guts was warned that the last person to use the armour turned into "something else" as a result of wearing it. For the longest time, I assumed that
was the last user of the armour, but since I heard that he actually used to be the
, I don't think that's the case. When watching the anime, I was struck with, I think, a more likely idea. What if
was the last person to wear the armour?

Reasoning for:

Reasoning against:

Anyway, that's my guess, and my practice in using spoiler tags. I'd have changed the colour of the text, but I don't know if that would have worked well enough.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 2193