Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061309 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10800 on: March 20, 2012, 08:36:11 am »

the slice-of-life genre shines though is in places where a true narrative would detract from the point of the show, whether it's an analysis of otaku culture (Genshiken), a series of lessons about friendship (Aria), an examination of love and death (Ai-ren), or an excuse to drawn gorgeous landscapes (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou).
It's spiritual sequel Yotsubato is pretty awesome as well from the little I've read.
*Hugs*
Anywho, to each their own...but I say this, at the very least give some of 'em a try, give different "flavors" a "taste" so to speak. I tend to give other genres a shot (from a few chapters to a volume at least), like Franken Fran (IronyOwl's avatar, that crazy, crazy girl of SCIENCE)... definitely not my type of story or genre, but I did find it interesting in it's own way and read a lot of it anyway.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:22 am »

Is it just me? I find that series extremely heartwarming. They made a good anime of it too.

Nope. I always look forward to watching the latest episode of Natsume.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: March 20, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »

I really should sleep, but I got wrapped up in Angel Beats!.
It is great even the second and fourth time, especially since you know more about Angel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: March 21, 2012, 01:46:08 am »

the slice-of-life genre shines though is in places where a true narrative would detract from the point of the show, whether it's an analysis of otaku culture (Genshiken), a series of lessons about friendship (Aria), an examination of love and death (Ai-ren), or an excuse to drawn gorgeous landscapes (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou).
It's spiritual sequel Yotsubato is pretty awesome as well from the little I've read.
*Hugs*
Anywho, to each their own...but I say this, at the very least give some of 'em a try, give different "flavors" a "taste" so to speak. I tend to give other genres a shot (from a few chapters to a volume at least), like Franken Fran (IronyOwl's avatar, that crazy, crazy girl of SCIENCE)... definitely not my type of story or genre, but I did find it interesting in it's own way and read a lot of it anyway.
So, I started reading Franken Fran.
And holy shit is it crazy.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: March 21, 2012, 01:57:41 am »

To put it fairly mildly.

I really wish it wasn't so inconvenient to read manga, or at least that's the way it feels to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: March 21, 2012, 02:38:46 am »

I wish I had the free time.  :\

EDIT:
Alright, tonight we dine
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:10:44 pm by ToonyMan »

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: March 21, 2012, 07:21:40 pm »

I rewatched a handful of episodes of Code Geass, and the last half of the second season. It's still a kickass show.

I saw the first two Rebuilds of Evangelion a week or so ago. It's pretty awesome, but the second one is surprisingly horrifying. I'm trying to muster up the interest to rewatch the main series. Lots of the stuff probably went way over my head when I first saw it.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:38 pm »

To put it fairly mildly.
Hehe, yeah...

I wish I had the free time.  :\
But you don't. Because you already filled it with different manga.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: March 21, 2012, 10:48:32 pm »

It's true.  I find myself juggling over a dozen series at once along with the series I'm already caught up and have to check frequently anyhow.  It's tiresome so I've been a lot picker and dropping series that aren't worth it.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: March 22, 2012, 12:55:07 am »

It's true.  I find myself juggling over a dozen series at once along with the series I'm already caught up and have to check frequently anyhow.  It's tiresome so I've been a lot picker and dropping series that aren't worth it.

I wish I had your drive, I still haven't even started Cowboy Bebop.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: March 22, 2012, 01:33:34 am »

Just do it!

Finished volume 12 of Berserk.  THIS IS CRAZY

EDIT:
Make that 13, time to lay down for a bit...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:07:37 am by ToonyMan »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: March 22, 2012, 01:40:21 am »

To put it fairly mildly.
Hehe, yeah...
That was a pretty good series (how clueless Fran was, and how that translated to mad scientist and super evil was hillarious).

But the ending was really lame.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: March 22, 2012, 04:09:40 am »

You really should go watch Cowboy Bebop now, it's awesome. That said, I still have to watch Madoka, and now, Angel Beats! is in my backlog. I really need to get to it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: March 22, 2012, 06:25:35 pm »

I finished Puella Magical Girl Madoka Magicka (I'll never remember the correct order of those words), and I thought it was pretty decent. It wasn't as bad as you said it was Toony.

But seriously, Kyoko, there is not a single scene with you not shoving your face with food. EATING IS NOT A PERSONALITY TRAIT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35:25 pm »

More like a personality disorder. Makes sense in context.
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 2193