Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061058 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10740 on: March 13, 2012, 12:29:22 am »

Azumanga Diaoh done.
That... that was a somewhat strange show.
It kinda makes me sad though when I think about it. Time passing so quickly, and the people coming and going through your life.

Strange? Strange?

Boy, I'll show you strange. Watch yo'self some Excel Saga.

I almost want to unsee Excel Saga just because of its semi-somewhat-not-really-sequel Puni Puni Poemi... and I liked Excel Saga.

Also yes Azumanga Diaoh is really low on the "Weird" scale for anime.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:41 am »

Thus why I said somewhat strange.

After stuff like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Maria+Holic, Arakawa Under The Bridge (Basically anything by Shaft), I've seen my fair share of weird things. And I know those are only scratching the surface of the crazy ingredients that make up the metaphorical soup that is anime.

I think next I'll check out Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon after all these silly shows I've watched recently, my mind craves something with a bit more action and focus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: March 13, 2012, 05:25:30 am »

I think next I'll check out Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon after all these silly shows I've watched recently, my mind craves something with a bit more action and focus.
Samurai Champloo would also be good for that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10743 on: March 13, 2012, 12:55:19 pm »

EDIT: Apparently they're bringing back Lupin III in Japan too, with the first female director the series has had. Interesting!
That is awesome news to hear. Lupin III was what brought me into watching anime.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: March 13, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »

This game is weird.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:06:56 am by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: March 14, 2012, 12:03:26 am »

Oh man, ep 5 of Sakura Wars. The fluffy cartooniness of the entire world is suddenly dropped when things get unexpectedly dark and twisted, it's like somebody flicked the "Shit just got real" switch.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10746 on: March 14, 2012, 02:20:39 am »

That's silly action though. Sounds like he wants something more serious. If that is the case, then Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon are good choices.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: March 14, 2012, 09:08:20 am »

So new anime season, new shows.
http://postimage.org/image/veun0pplh/
Anticipating Fate ZERO season 2 of course...though there are a very select few that catched my interest, like the adaptations of some manga that I read like Jormungand and Sankarea.

Fate/kaleid liner is getting an anime.  Gah
Now now, it can quite entertaining too. Hope to see the animated versions of certain scenes like:
http://img235.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=732185398_seiba_122_452lo.jpeg
http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=732167100_blade1_122_524lo.jpeg
http://img172.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=732174274_blade2_122_465lo.jpeg
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=732161674_achachin_122_194lo.jpeg

Mahou Sensei Negima is over. /sadface. It's not a terrible ending, but it wasn't particularly that great either.
Gah...now I have to search out what chapter/volume I stopped......when I feel like it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:13:27 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: March 14, 2012, 01:31:39 pm »

So new anime season, new shows.
http://postimage.org/image/veun0pplh/

After examining this, not alot of things capture my interest. Well, I'll probably catch Ozuma for sure, I mean serious, same dude as Space Captain Harlock. I don't even have a choice there. Zetman looks kind of interesting. Lupin Ikka Seizori also catches my attention. Yes Scryed movie!

The WTF nominations are as follows.

Rock Lee No Seishen full-power Ninden: What the... Rock Lee's getting his own show? This is bound to become the Cleveland Show of the anime world.

Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future: Don't you just love animes that have non sequitur English words mashed together to form something needlessly cutesy? Get this quote though "[The main characters] aspire to compete in Prism Show, a new sport that combines skating, dancing, and singing."

Upotte!!: What do you MEAN that a school where all the students practice with assault rifles is unethical?!

Kikansha Thomas: No explanation required.

Shirokuma Cafe: A cafe run by a polar bear? I might actually need to check this one out just for the premise alone.

Natsuiro Kiseki: I like how the premise of the show is just "This group of voice actors all together for these characters".

Saki: Achiga-hen episode of Side-A: What is this, a mixture of Love Hina and Mahjong?

But other than that, it looks like every summary was spit out of a random plot engine.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: March 14, 2012, 01:37:15 pm »

Kikansha Thomas could just be a Japanese dub of Thomas the Tank Engine, couldn't it?  I mean "anime" as a term is broader in Japanese.

I'm interested in FZ and uh... um... yep.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: March 14, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »

I've seen what they did with the Powerpuff Girls. Just imagine what they can do with Thomas.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: March 14, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »

Kikansha Thomas could just be a Japanese dub of Thomas the Tank Engine, couldn't it?  I mean "anime" as a term is broader in Japanese.

I'm interested in FZ and uh... um... yep.

I've seen what they did with the Powerpuff Girls. Just imagine what they can do with Thomas.

Yeah, I actually liked Powerpuff Girls Z, this will be interesting! (Although I suspect it'll just be regular old Thomas...but it could be so awesome..)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: March 14, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »

I was actually caught up with Tasogare OtomexAmnesia at one point.  It was decent but the rest kind of sucks (especially the ecchi tag).

Oh and Medaka Box is weird as hell.  Does anybody actually read that I got about 10 chapters in and gave up.  Gainax are even doing the adaption!
Spoiler: you are this mad (click to show/hide)

Oh and the SZS manga has a weed farm in one panel.  I do not remember any weed in the anime.  They even say it's weed.  Yes it involved Maria.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:47:59 pm by ToonyMan »

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: March 14, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »

I was actually caught up with Tasogare OtomexAmnesia at one point.  It was decent but the rest kind of sucks (especially the ecchi tag).

Oh and Medaka Box is weird as hell.  Does anybody actually read that I got about 10 chapters in and gave up.  Gainax are even doing the adaption!
Spoiler: you are this mad (click to show/hide)

Oh and the SZS manga has a weed farm in one panel.  I do not remember any weed in the anime.  They even say it's weed.  Yes it involved Maria.
I've read all of Medaka Box that's on mangafox. It's a gag manga, and the storylines are super silly. It's fun though. I don't take it seriously after 3 fake out ending/climax things.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: March 14, 2012, 09:27:25 pm »

That's silly action though. Sounds like he wants something more serious. If that is the case, then Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon are good choices.
Mm? I don't recall Samurai Champloo being any sillier than Cowboy Bebop. If anything, I'd rank Cowboy Bebop as the less serious (or at least, serious less of the time) of the two.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 2193