Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072856 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15435 on: October 22, 2013, 02:06:18 am »

My sister got a copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time because she wanted me to watch it. Found it sweet, enjoyable, and it got me laughing in places (some of the faces pulled especially). Found the ending a bit lacking.

Ehh it is anime. A really good ending and a really good anime while not mutually exclusive, are not commonly seen together.

I have no idea why, but if I had to guess... a lot of anime is made without an ending in mind.

Then again it could also be like another saying I have: "Writing a good story and writing a good ending require different skills".

So honestly treasure those animes you get that actually do have a great and satisfying (or justifiably unsatisfying) ending.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: October 22, 2013, 02:16:21 am »

Moyashimon. Beautiful. Easy to watch. I love slice-of-life. It's so digestible and takes away a lot of worry that some shows give you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: October 22, 2013, 10:40:02 am »

yes, these will do~ time to refresh my memory of various plots

i domo all your arigatos i think someone already wrote that here already. eitherways, thanks for your help, i'll give you a heads up on how it went somewhere after the weekend (tuesday mayhaps)

all of 'em dropped past the first episode

all of them.

i did not expect this playing out in this manner but at least i have that problem off my back as they have no excuse to not look for something they'd like themselves now

is this the point where i give you horrible excuses for decent images art personified, thrown into a grinder and splattered over a sheet of paper until you beg me to stop as a means of thanking for your service

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15438 on: October 22, 2013, 01:03:42 pm »

/shrug

Your cousin doesn't actually know what he wants, then. We gave a broad spread of anime that linked to the mental-investment that characterizes Death Note. I found it pretty surprising that he went from Naruto to "I'm the type of person who will super-analyze everything." considering Naruto is not-at-all well-known for that. Should probably just stick to Naruto/Fairy Tail/Bleach/One Piece.

Unless the episodes were dropped for other reasons than him not liking them? Also, I think a good deal of the suggestions don't have good opening hooks, they just keep getting better over time. Pity that you guys didn't get that far into them.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:32 pm »

Revolutionary Girl Utena, if he can't analyze that then hes hopeless.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: October 22, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »

So, any suggestions for somebody who's looking for good fight scenes? Particularly ones with what I'd call, for lack of a better term, flow in combatant movements. For instance, Mami, Bradley (FMA spoilers there, for whatever that's worth), or pretty much anything Monty Oum has done. Good plot is good, but a big part of what I'm looking for is inspiration for human fighters.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:11 am »

Fate/zero, also has gun and magic combat.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15442 on: October 23, 2013, 11:58:01 am »

Fate/Zero is right up inside your alleyway.

Black Lagoon's action sequences are well-done, especially the newer OVAs.

I'd be surprised if Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple and Hajime no Ippo didn't have good fluid movement, considering they are all about martial arts fighting (KTMD all martial arts, HnI boxing).

Soul Eater actually has a surprising amount of animation for its combat scenes if you can get past Black Star's voice.

Then there's the Eva Rebuild movies, where the animation is turned up to eleven and every fight is glorious.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: October 23, 2013, 12:55:02 pm »

You have no idea how much I want Kenichi to continue its anime.

Its ending is a dang "The story continues" ending.... and from what I hear... it actually gets good immediately after that arc.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: October 23, 2013, 01:41:37 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: October 23, 2013, 01:47:33 pm »

That's ridiculous. Nice find.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: October 23, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

I've actually been watching the hell out of AoT, and I'm loving it.

I also like that I had an 'oh shit' moment when I realized that Jean is Kittan the first time he yelled.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: October 23, 2013, 02:25:45 pm »

I think Jean = Kittan is everybody's first impression really.  I even felt that way before the anime and the voices.

EDIT:
I was actually disappointed when Jean was first shown in the anime because I thought he would have blonde hair with the black sides.  :(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: October 23, 2013, 02:48:27 pm »

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is coming out tomorrow, so AoT is gonna get put on the backburner whether I like it or not.

Now, the real question, what am I deleting from my 3DS to make room for it?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: October 23, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

The real question is "Where do I buy it", since uni networks don't allow handhelds to connect.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 2193