Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072836 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15420 on: October 19, 2013, 04:32:48 pm »

I wrote in another thread how I'm currently partaking of Huluplus' 1 week free trial right now. They actually have a fairly diverse anime selection, and by 'fairly diverse' I mean nearly everything is moe moe, slice of life, dominant female cast, love and kisses kinds of anime. Though there's a few things that stand out there, like the Danganroppa anime!

For my first day of my free trial, I marathoned something that caught my eye: Watamote. It's just a 12 ep goodie, but I wish there were more after indulging on it. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it falls into a sub-genre of Slice of Life shows, that I'll affectionately name 'Sliced Up Life', in that the show examines the main character's day to day life, but her life is fucking miserable.

Basically, the MC Tomoko has awful social anxiety and she wiles away her days indoors playing videogames or watching anime. However, she desperately longs to have friends and romance, or just basic human contact really, but she has such trouble even with the smallest of verbal niceties that it seems impossible for her. The show is actually very funny and interesting, believe me on this one.

It's probably just me personally, but I was able to instantly relate to this character, though that's a post for the sad thread.
Watamote is brutal cause for the most part people can relate to her, though god damn it doesnt stop -_____-

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:05 pm »

Having finished Bubblegum Crisis 2040 (which was quite good, except for some poor dialogue from Priss in the last episode, and a somewhat poor ending), I've started watching Dance in The vampire Bund. It seems to be quite good overall, but the pacing is extremely bad.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: October 20, 2013, 11:31:21 pm »

Ah, I read through Dance in the Vampire Bund (up to the then-current point) a while back. If memory serves, some of that may be peculiar to the anime, but not all of it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:52 am »

Honestly, the pacing problems come off as the sort of "slash the manga to make a 12-episode series" parings. No idea yet if that's the case, but that's how it feels.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:04 am »

Honestly, the pacing problems come off as the sort of "slash the manga to make a 12-episode series" parings. No idea yet if that's the case, but that's how it feels.
Holy shit, twelve episodes!? Damn, the pacing problems I was thinking of were the stretches of faffery where not much was going on. Yeah, that's all the adaption, then.

3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:26 pm »

Gundam Build Fighters Ep 3

1. I wish that club existed in real life and that I could go to it.

2. Apparently today is UC day. Psycommu Zaku~~~

3. I admit, I smiled a bit when the Zaku Amazing curbstomped the Z.A.K.U. Warrior. I have an irrational repulsion to anything SEED related ok.

4. Animated Blue Destiny 1 and 3 punching eachother. Life complete
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: October 21, 2013, 01:37:44 pm »

Gundam Build Fighters Ep 3

1. I wish that club existed in real life and that I could go to it.

2. Apparently today is UC day. Psycommu Zaku~~~

3. I admit, I smiled a bit when the Zaku Amazing curbstomped the Z.A.K.U. Warrior. I have an irrational repulsion to anything SEED related ok.

4. Animated Blue Destiny 1 and 3 punching eachother. Life complete
Reason 3 just made my day to watch this now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: October 21, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »

So I caught up with JJBA earlier today (confusing plenty of people by ranting in the IRC channel in the process).

Probably shouldn't have started reading Jojolion though. Now I've gotta wait for a conclusion like everybody else D:

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: October 21, 2013, 03:53:49 pm »

Holy shit, twelve episodes!? Damn, the pacing problems I was thinking of were the stretches of faffery where not much was going on. Yeah, that's all the adaption, then.

It's too compressed. It's all "I just met you, but I'm immediately devoted to you and protective of you. Also, I'm a werewolf, and everyone's turning into vampires. I don't trust you anymore!" There's literally zero time given for any of this to develop.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:08 pm »

It's too compressed. It's all "I just met you, but I'm immediately devoted to you and protective of you. Also, I'm a werewolf, and everyone's turning into vampires. I don't trust you anymore!" There's literally zero time given for any of this to develop.

Oh yeah, for sure. That's like trying to remake LotGH as a single season 26-episode run. o.0

3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:46 pm »

It was waay too damn quick, ignoring the fact dude is a sleeping pet for a chibi vampire out of no other reason (years before of course i promise thee me first born, gee thanks dad). I seen crappier anime having more of a story development than Vampire Bund. Just go watch Hellsing it makes more sense people.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: October 21, 2013, 05:17:02 pm »

From the sound of things I'm glad I just stuck to the manga. Which I originally started reading because I was all out of Hellsing. Actually, I only found out about it because someone mistook one of my old avatars as being from it and asked me if it was.

3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: October 21, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »

Incidentally, that's next on my list.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: October 21, 2013, 10:08:19 pm »

http://cosbybebop.ytmnd.com/

Well, I think with that, I'm going to bed now.
...I really have no idea what to think about that link so I'm just going to leave it there.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: October 22, 2013, 02:02:55 am »

My sister got a copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time because she wanted me to watch it. Found it sweet, enjoyable, and it got me laughing in places (some of the faces pulled especially). Found the ending a bit lacking.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 2193