Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072993 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15405 on: October 17, 2013, 04:51:28 pm »

Suddenly, Mako.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh god. I don't know if I can handle her doing this every episode. I hope she doesn't.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15406 on: October 17, 2013, 04:57:07 pm »

Oh, and I find it rather amusing that it's the protagonist that's wearing a skimpy black and red outfit and shouting things like "We'll settle this later!" before running away :P
It's certainly one of the more arousing amusing satiric high points.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15407 on: October 17, 2013, 10:41:41 pm »

I watch ep.3 crunchyroll and im at a lost for words :P

This show, its just screams awesome rolling around in action.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15408 on: October 18, 2013, 12:33:39 am »

oi, animuthread

i'm going to throw all this nonexistent cred i have on the line and claim i don't have the time to find a series for my cousin who has to date been only interested in naruto so to make him stop throwing me off with the numerous episodes he wanted to tell me about minute by minute i figured "fuck it" and introduced him to death note and now he demands more of the same

apparently he's the sort of person who'll analyze the work a thousand times in one sitting, but some special mentions are that it has to be with the same psychological slant as the mentioned series, in paraphrased-yet-kept-somewhat-exact words

he'll be here at 4pm local and once more being an annoyance now that i made some kind of guru out of myself [sigh]

can you guys help out, i absolutely forgot to do this yesterday. age's ~16 if it helps and somewhat edgy stuff would work too

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15409 on: October 18, 2013, 12:36:03 am »

Monster.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15410 on: October 18, 2013, 01:09:41 am »

SnK dude. Super good but super edgy.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15411 on: October 18, 2013, 01:44:10 am »

oi, animuthread

i'm going to throw all this nonexistent cred i have on the line and claim i don't have the time to find a series for my cousin who has to date been only interested in naruto so to make him stop throwing me off with the numerous episodes he wanted to tell me about minute by minute i figured "fuck it" and introduced him to death note and now he demands more of the same

apparently he's the sort of person who'll analyze the work a thousand times in one sitting, but some special mentions are that it has to be with the same psychological slant as the mentioned series, in paraphrased-yet-kept-somewhat-exact words

he'll be here at 4pm local and once more being an annoyance now that i made some kind of guru out of myself [sigh]

can you guys help out, i absolutely forgot to do this yesterday. age's ~16 if it helps and somewhat edgy stuff would work too

I haven't seen Death Note in ages, not to mention I stopped after a certain episode, but I used to remember frequently comparing it to Code Geass. Lelouch Lamperouge has a pretty similar chessmaster persona, IMO, and Code Geass is pretty well-acclaimed, too. Dunno if he'll enjoy all the mecha, but if grandiose planning appeals to him, it might be worth a look.
Also often called Boowells.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15412 on: October 18, 2013, 03:32:17 am »

Evangelion probably qualifies as edgy and open for over-analysis.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15413 on: October 18, 2013, 03:54:45 am »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15414 on: October 18, 2013, 05:11:57 am »

Something like Death Note, or at least the part about the analysis being necessary?

I second Code Geass.
I second Evangelion. This is pretty much perfect for someone who likes analyzing things.
I propose Spiral/Uzumaki (bonus points for it being the last name of Naruto, if those bonus points apply). It's like Death Note and Code Geass in its mental involvement.
Potentially Casshern Sins? It's got some very interesting stuff going on that requires you to think, but it's reaaaaalllyyy sllloooowwwww.
Not really mental stuff going on, but everyone should watch Madoka.
Fate/Zero has lots of action but a lot of it is the combat of philosophies. Really should play the Fate/stay Night visual novel before watching it though. That visual novel has a LOT of analysis going on throughout.
Potentially Fullmetal Alchemist. There's a good amount of trying to figure out just what is going down throughout the story.

Haven't seen the anime for Spice and Wolf, but it has a lot to do with thinking through things. Very mentally involved.
Only the manga of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, specifically "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo Kotowaru!" All other versions are unacceptable, including the anime. I mention it because it's similar to Spice and Wolf.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15415 on: October 18, 2013, 06:04:09 am »

Kaiji.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15416 on: October 18, 2013, 08:37:07 am »

yes, these will do~ time to refresh my memory of various plots

i domo all your arigatos i think someone already wrote that here already. eitherways, thanks for your help, i'll give you a heads up on how it went somewhere after the weekend (tuesday mayhaps)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15417 on: October 18, 2013, 11:02:58 am »

I wrote in another thread how I'm currently partaking of Huluplus' 1 week free trial right now. They actually have a fairly diverse anime selection, and by 'fairly diverse' I mean nearly everything is moe moe, slice of life, dominant female cast, love and kisses kinds of anime. Though there's a few things that stand out there, like the Danganroppa anime!

For my first day of my free trial, I marathoned something that caught my eye: Watamote. It's just a 12 ep goodie, but I wish there were more after indulging on it. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it falls into a sub-genre of Slice of Life shows, that I'll affectionately name 'Sliced Up Life', in that the show examines the main character's day to day life, but her life is fucking miserable.

Basically, the MC Tomoko has awful social anxiety and she wiles away her days indoors playing videogames or watching anime. However, she desperately longs to have friends and romance, or just basic human contact really, but she has such trouble even with the smallest of verbal niceties that it seems impossible for her. The show is actually very funny and interesting, believe me on this one.

It's probably just me personally, but I was able to instantly relate to this character, though that's a post for the sad thread.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15418 on: October 18, 2013, 12:21:56 pm »

Part 2 of Gambling Emperor Zero is finished.  It's pretty good.  Until part 3 I guess.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15419 on: October 19, 2013, 07:01:04 am »

the Danganroppa anime!

ehhhh

play the game instead

Yeah, I'm actually almost done with the anime already, and I have to say that it skims over nearly everything.
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 2193