Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428289 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Foggy Barbs
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2009, 01:19:41 am »

Stupifying our plan is this seasons idiot, who happened to incorrectly install the steel floodgate despite the area designated to be flooded also being restricted.

I have half a mind to drown the moron, and get on with Project Moat, but I have to go back in there and open up a channel anyways, so I guess I have to save him....

*sigh*

A caravan from the mountainhomes came, but was quickly ambushed by a goblin horde.  Four legendary champions just happened to be nearby, but the caravan lost a wagon and a donkey, and was forced to retreat off the map before the goblins could be eradicated.

On the other side of the map, Captain Jack and Lord Lego were defending the incomplete Temple of Ber Steelearthen from another horde of goblins.  Lord Lego charged headlong into battle in a berserk range!

He fired bolt after bolt, ripping through beak dog flesh and sending the riders flying.  Before they could get up, a bolt tore through their armor.  If they survived that, there was always the Captain's axe to deal with. 

When the battle was over Captain Jack fell to the ground, gasping for air.  He tore off his helmet and lay in the sun.  He took great joy in the slaughter.

The goblins of the Unholy Sin have lost another local leader this day.  Their civilization stands on the brink of ruin.  I suspect their warrior-king will come riding over the hill some day soon, in a last ditch attempt to save his kingdom.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:34:23 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2009, 01:30:58 am »

This picture was taken nearing the completion of Project Moat.  I think it sums up dwarf fortress rather nicely, dont you?

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2009, 01:52:01 am »

I think you forgot one thing, the hoard of cats fallowing him around choking the cpu and slowing him down enough to get him stuck in the overflowing tunnel.
But other than that pretty much spot on.
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2009, 03:46:42 pm »

I noticed that in the Caravan's slaughter, one puddle of blood looks like a cross.
This ☼Thread☼ has lots of coincidences.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2009, 04:09:35 pm »

I noticed that in the Caravan's slaughter, one puddle of blood looks like a cross.
This ☼Thread☼ has lots of coincidences.

I'm pretty sure that's sand...
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »

Well I was just guessing. I dont use a tileset.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2009, 06:07:01 pm »

Artifact axe? Hmmmmm. I already have an adamantine axe though, right? Also, 5 kills! Suck it, suicidal goblins!

Yeah.  This is your axe...

Made by the same dwarf that made the artifact demon sword.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:53:25 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2009, 06:20:41 pm »

Notice the borg-like way the constructed walls are overtaking the natural walls in the barracks.  We are dwarf.  Resistance is futile.

In late autumn we turned the pumps on and started filling up the moat.  It was less a defensive structure and more of a dwarfy thing to do.  Also, it moved water around the fort so that it could be used in other dwarfy projects.

Here is a list of the current megaprojects to be completed before the end of the story and their current status...

1 - Project Moat (Complete)
     2 - Temple to Ber Steelearthen (Begun)
     3 - Noble River Cave (Begun)
     4 - Dwarven Valhalla
     5 - Other temples?
     6 - Something for an Adventurer
     7 - The Tomb of Urist
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:23:56 pm by MrGimp »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2009, 06:30:33 pm »

Temple for the trade god.

TRADE FOR THE TRADE GOD!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2009, 06:32:40 pm »

Winter of 218 concluded with yet another siege.  You can watch the goblins get hacked to pieces as they try to run away here...

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1156-fight

After the battle, the Duchess ran out into the gore to get the goblins' precious spider silk.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2009, 06:41:12 pm »

Temple for the trade god.

TRADE FOR THE TRADE GOD!

Actually, the Temple to Ber Steelearthen IS our trade temple.  Ber Steelearthen is the god of jewels and sparkly things.  Under the temple is our trade depot.  It's our only trade depot now, I demolished the other one.  But the pet owner rehab is under the temple, too, as well as some things I'm still putting in...   *evil laughter*

Everything that dies under the temple is a sacrifice to Ber Steelearthen.  So far I've sacrificed a couple dozen pets and several dozen elves, goblins, and pack animals.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2009, 06:42:35 pm »

nice.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2009, 06:57:12 pm »

Spring 219

WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too many kids now.  Something must surely be done about them soon.  Theyre not as easy a problem to deal with as pets...until they become peasants of course, and then they can be tossed away even easier.

More elves came to Rifotkubuk this season.  Again they were trapped and forced to fight each other to death.  The winner faced Captain Jack's squad.  And lost.

Queen Urist has ordered the expansion of the floor above the trade depot, to allow marksdwarves to take joy in the slaughter of elves.

The tax collector had been stricken by melancholy without an economy to manage and money to steal from the workers.  He threw himself into the river.  His body washed down the waterfall and came to rest under Urists bedroom, at the bottom of the river.  Urist was delighted to know their would always be a dead tax collector below her as she slept at night.  Blockedlance was becoming quite the cozy home.

The only real threat was the mayor.  Urist was shocked by the growing strength of what she called the House of Erib.  The old mayor - the one who was legendary and was married to a legendary, and had two legendary child prodigies - now had his eldest son elected to the mayoralship.  Queen Urist was losing her monopoly on power.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:07:19 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:55 pm »

Summer begins with a goblin siege.  Here is the Temple, bathing in blood.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2009, 07:36:20 pm »

How do you trap enemies/elves underground?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 164