Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45710 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2008, 03:53:31 pm »

Alright, the waking turn shall come by tonight! Assuming, once again, whatever work needs to be done around the house isn't extensive nor complicated. If we're really lucky, more player spots should open very soon. Not by tomorrow... but within the next days. Perhaps by the end of this upcoming weekend. I'm terrible at estimating :P
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2008, 04:19:38 pm »

If we're really lucky, more player spots should open very soon. Not by tomorrow... but within the next days. Perhaps by the end of this upcoming weekend. I'm terrible at estimating :P

Can you give us any idea on how exactly the new players will be put into the game?  I'm assuming all the rules for the original characters will apply, as far as creation is concerned.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2008, 05:16:22 pm »

Yup, you use the same, original rules. Once the new players all join and create their sheets, they will have an opening turn posted alongside the usual, and after that they play as usual. As you might have noticed, the players are not always together, and new joiners will very rarely be in contact with the "main" group, at least not until a few turns after they join. For instance, Zako found himself in some strange other place (not giving any hints now :P), but after a while managed to join the other five, and is now with them pretty much most of the time.

So yeah, not too much to it. Once the spots are declared open, the first to post (reservation post or actual character sheet) get in first, and then it runs as usual.

If you want an example of it, see post #82 (turn 4), where spot #6 first opened up, and read a few of the turns after that one for what Zako did once he joined.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2008, 10:23:34 pm »

As it turns out, extra work did display itself, in the form of painting the trim. Less of it, but more care needed to be put in to keep it neat. Plus I'm not much of a painter. Thus, the waking turn shall come into existence tomorrow, as I can't recall any more painting that needs to be done.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2008, 01:39:02 am »

Just you wait until you see what I'm drawing to post in Migrursut...

That reminds me, I must get back to drawing.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2008, 09:23:43 pm »

At long last, day 2 has arrived! Of the waking turns to come, this is a short one, as nothing seems to have happened during the night. So, back to the usual!

And congratulate WorkerDrone on Gaweir's full recovery :P

Turn 18
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: Woke up
Astor: Woke up
Xix: Woke up
Gaweir: Woke up
Abronychus: Woke up
Zak: Woke up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the night, the party members were assaulted by countless, horrid dreams. Dreams of fire, burning the landscape. Dreams of hordes, raiding defenseless villages. Dreams of darkness and destruction, all filling every corner of their minds. The visions were obscured, as though clouded, and the events which occurred were also difficult to see. The only prominently clear piece was the emotion. It was of hatred. This feeling presented itself strongest when a pair of yellows eyes, burning with malice, peered into their sleeping eyes. The meaning was difficult to feel, but one thing was certain from the nightmares. Something was angry, whether it were vengeful or sadistic.

Upon waking, all breathing heavily and sweating, aside from Flat, who was simply scared, and Abronychus, who probably was sweating, but it was difficult to tell, those who slept in the HQ looked outside. The surrounding village was calm and peaceful, the villagers walking to and fro, working as though nothing was wrong. And nothing seemed to be. Everything seemed to be intact. A slight breeze rustled through the trees, and the sun was just peaking above the volcano.

Outside, everything was just as serene. Nothing stood out as strange, or out of the ordinary. There were even a few people smiling. One could think nothing had ever touched this village, as if it had never known a threat existed. The only sight which seemed off was that the shopkeepers, and the old man, all seemed to be conversing just outside the large hut where the obelisk had once been, and were entering it. They were not smiling.

Flat:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: none

Astor:

Xix:

Gaweir:

Abronychus:

Zak:

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:41 pm »

I'm going to crawl up out of the well and go to the shopkeepers and old man to tell the old man about my dreams, and ask if they mean anything.

After he says "Everything's fine, dude. Chill." I'm going to ask about their fishing and diving industries.

If the old man DOESN'T tell me that everything's fine, I'm going to stay there and be concerned, and ask how I can help.

If I have some extra time, I'll suggest to Xix that we think up a basic strategy for what to do if a situation becomes hostile.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:51:15 pm by inaluct »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2008, 09:51:07 pm »

I gather everyone in the HQ trying to get someone to make food. I tell everyone my findings and try to find out what others have gotten to know and generally increase organization. Then I follow the list. I am starting to despair in actually getting anyone to do anything useful.
(the file not actually changed this time, just reposting it for ease of finding)
Spoiler: The File: (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2008, 10:04:49 pm »

I take a quick bite to eat then head over to the old man to check out the situation and to get my enchantmets.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2008, 10:07:33 pm »

Shame, Armok. I built you a friggin' door you keep grumbleing on about. As for useful, I'll do whatever I want, as long as its what I wanted to do. Meh. But I also like getting things done. So.

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I should keep working on my drawing skill. It could come in handy later on, and not just to get a few rocks off of villagers who like art.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2008, 10:12:05 pm »

I have an idea; we can probably make money by fishing or pearl diving. Obviously, my character could probably dive pretty well, and Flat might be able to swoop down and catch fish pelican-style. Everybody else might be able to build a diving bell.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 18, 2008, 10:14:21 pm »

Astor would likely follow the old man. Work can be done later, this seems serious.

Eer, sorry about a lack of roleplaying. Not much to say here. He takes his things and follows the old guy to see what's happening.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 18, 2008, 10:15:49 pm »

Assumeing Vaiolis intended on letting use turns on anything but something that advanced the plot. He might just get bored of writing how we do X to get Y so we could do Z. But then I think, why did he even mention currency in the first place? XYZ was bound to happen.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »

Hey, I think we should form an OFFICIAL BATTLE PLAN. Xix can do it, since she's bossy and obsessive. The OFFICIAL BATTLE PLAN can have stuff like strategies for different environments, and details on where we should try to fight. Our group is probably best suited for fighting on an ocean; we have someone who can swim and we have a giant bird that can carry people. That's already a lot more than other groups might have. Maybe stuff like "If we get attacked by a rhinoceros, run for a tree or deep water."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2008, 10:52:37 pm »

Or we could just wing it?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36