Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45661 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 09:18:11 am »

Why can't you take Duke 2.0's spot... He's taking an awfully long time...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:31 am »

Alright, time for the starting turn, turn 0! I'll give Duke till the end of the day Sunday for his character, otherwise it will go to whoever reserved at #6. Also if you hadn't noticed from the example turn, status shows wounds, however inventory and skills only show changes in inventory or changes in skills, not their full lists.

Turn 0
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
No actions for turn 0

After a few more moments of resting on the beach, attempting to adjust to the blinding light, you finally start to see what this island actually looks like. It seems that only four crewmen managed to survive the crash, or at least were the only ones to end up on the island. Looking, you see that Flat, a creature resembling a giant bird, survived, laying with wings far spread a ross the sand nearby. Xix d.h. Nagaros, a Sphinx, or in other words half-human, half-lioness, also seems to have survived, and surprisingly enough her backpack protected his equipment. Gaweir Orsidious, a human, but with gray eyes, also seems to have survived, as he is now sitting up, looking around. However, the crewmen with the most activity is Abronychus, who has already gotten up, apparently not phased much at all by being blasted through the water, and started to look around. Although only four are present, Abronychus notes that, in the distance, he sees what he believes to be a fifth crewmen, however from the distance he cannot tell who it may be.

But, Abronychus had little time to speculate as a few shouts are heard from the nearby village. Instantly, three villagers, adorned in decorative yet functional leather, and wielding wooden spears with gray-colored tips, most likely iron, run towards the group. Behind them come two more villagers, wearing similar decorative leathers, bu wielding longbows. It is quite obvious they are human, or at least most likely human, and they are of average stature. The spear men are fairly strong compared to the average human, the archers less so, but still somewhat strong.
"Dublu'jan ai! Dodan heer Akein leken!"
One of the spear men begins to yell at the group once he is near them, his language unknown. Gaweir, listening intently, tries to understand what they are saying, however he does not believe he has ever heard this language before. However, Flat seemed to get the general meaning, and started to chirp at the others. Gaweir could understand Flat, as he had, in his time, studied such language, and spoke to the rest of the group.
"The villagers are asking us who we are, and why we are here. Any ideas as to how we can reply?"

Flat:
 - Wounds: none effects=dizzy (-movement)
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: (no skill gains for turn 0, even if applicable)

Astor:
 - Wounds: none effects=unconscious
 - Skills: none

Xix:

Gaweir:
 - Skills: (no skill gains for turn 0, even if applicable)

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: none
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:57:21 pm by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 10:46:29 am »

EDIT: nevermind...

:(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:48:23 am by Zako »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 11:08:25 am »

Alright, Duke is now in! For now, he's unconscious, we'll see if anyone feels like rescuing him or not...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 12:24:18 pm »

I'm going to use drawings in the wet sand to try and explain to them that we were shipwrecked. If they seem unfamiliar with big ships, I'll draw all of us in a canoe. It should be obvious enough who the people are if there's a sphinx and a giant bird in there.

Did I mention that my character's helmet has a visor? 'Cause it does.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:45:18 pm by inaluct »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 07:21:12 pm »

Ok, I should have tried to respond earlier but were not able to until now.

Anyway, most seems good except some minor details, also I have some suggestions/questions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What I do next turn:
I get up and adjust my glasses, and then try to find a spot for setting up my computer (not wet, god support so it doesn't get sandy, undisturbed, etc.), unless it might offend the natives [foresight?], in which case I try to figure out as much as possible about them.

Edit: put in spoiler tag so it wont take as much space.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:13:38 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 07:40:50 pm »

I suppose I should rescue Astor. I run and launch myself into the sky, flying over to Astor. I pick him up and, if possible, fly him back.

Spoiler: F.L.A.T. (click to show/hide)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 07:59:59 pm »

For what I do next turn:

EDIT:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:34:56 pm by WorkerDrone »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 08:47:13 pm »

Okay, if worse come to worse, we are priests of the Great God Bird, who has come to live among the natives, and shine his holy light upon them for a week or so.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 08:51:59 pm »

Clever.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 02:57:55 pm »

Alright, I'll get to writing up the official turn 1 soon. But first, to answer a few questions...

Armok:

WorkerDrone:

And for a bit of explaining, for skills, any skills you do not specifically say are good or better, or bad or worse, are considered already at level 1, meaning you can use them with a small amount of success.

For spells, all spells do have levels, however rather than seeing a level, they just have a description. For instance, weak fireball would imply a low level, while large fireball would imply a higher level. Unlike skills, if you do not mention a spell, you are considered to not have it at all. Spells do not level up as easily as skills; they are leveled much better through studying the spell in a book or some such. As a last note on them, spells that are "persistent" are always working (ex: a regeneration spell may be "persistent" if it is constantly healing you), spells that are "activated" must be summoned upon, such as the fireball. "Self" spells are cast upon yourself, "Ally" spells can only be cast upon friendly units (If you had a healing spell that would injure undead, if the undead is not friendly, you still couldn't use it on them, unfortunately), "Enemy" spells are identical to "Ally" spells, but work only on enemies. "Target" spells can be cast on any. "Enemy, Ally," and "Target" spells also have a cast range, from touch, which means you must touch the target, to a certain range. Spells are also very open-ended, feel free to try to edit them through concentration and such, such as increasing the duration or potency of a heal, casting range, its power, etc. Levels usually increase all its aspects.

I'll also add this to the main page, under gameplay; it could be a good thing for reference. Turn 1 to come soon!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 03:53:51 pm »

Turn 1
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: I run and launch myself into the sky, flying over to Astor. I pick him up and, if possible, fly him back
Astor: unconscious
Xix: I get up and adjust my glasses, and then try to find a spot for setting up my computer
Gaweir: I shall try and shake off the dizzyness, and converse with the natives, in a non threatening tone, and pick up as much of their language as possible.
Abronychus: I'm going to use drawings in the wet sand to try and explain to them that we were shipwrecked.

The natives stopped short of the party, keeping their spears pointed forward, and their bows ready to fire, preparing for an incoming attack. However, Gaweir and Abronychus slowly stepped forward, keeping their hands visible and empty, and tried to explain the situation. Gaweir started to speak slowly and calmly, with the most caring voice he could summon.

"Please, we are not here to harm anyone. We came here on a mission, you see..."

As Gaweir continued to try and explain their situation, what happened, and why they came, Abronychus decided to try and draw images in the sand depicting each section of Gaweir's story. The natives, spears and bows still ready, looked on with wonder, until Abronychus then drew the ship. The center spear man's eyes widened a bit, and he quickly whispered to the others. But they kept their weapons armed. While drawing the ship, Abronychus included the image that was present on the sails: the image of a castle, overlapping crossed longsword, on a shield. The native then drew a smile.

"Ah! Remplen'e tur'thin lon kesto!"

The native puts his weapon away, walks over to Abronychus and Gaweir, and places his arms around their necks, grinning, and patting them on the back. The other natives put their weapons away as well, looking on cheerfully, but not quite as vocal as the central native. And, without the stress of the attacking natives, the dizziness the party was feeling vanishes.
Feeling it safer, Flat jumps into the air and glides over to where the entity is laying. Finding it to be none other than Astor Auster, he picks him up and goes back to the group. Once he is laid back down, he coughs a few times, apparently due to breathing a bit of water, and regains consciousness. Meanwhile, Xix, adjusting her glasses a bit to fit more comfortably, combed the beach for a small while, finding pieces of driftwood and such to create a small stand for her laptop. She easily found enough pieces, as it seems a good deal of the ship was washing onto the shore, including what Xix found to be a very small chest, the size of a large wallet, on a piece of driftwood. Sadly, it is locked, and the key, presumably metal, probably sunk along with the ship.
Setting up the other pieces, Xix created a decent stand for her laptop, sturdy enough, above the sand, and away from the water. The natives seemed very curious, however they did not feel threatened. Placing the laptop on the crude desk, Xix flipped it open, and booted it up successfully.

After a small while of continuing their tale-telling and conversing with the natives, the central native backed up a bit and beckoned the party to follow him to the village. After the conversation, Gaweir now understood a few basic words of their language, and from what they said, caught the word "Food."

"Abronychus, I believe we are quite welcome here. I think they have some food for us."
"Well then, what are we waiting for? We should probably get going, unless Xix, what are you doing there?"

Now that your vision is fully cleared, you see that wood is drifting throughout the waters, and plenty is now on the beach. When facing the water from the beach, there is a very large rock formation to the left, blocking your view. You can also see, extremely far into the jungle, a very large mountain. Currently, the sun is directly above, so it is probably close to the middle of the day. It is fairly hot, but not overly so. The sky is almost perfectly clear, aside from some clouds above the distant mountain.

Flat:
 - Skills: Flying skill increased slightly. Gliding skill increased slightly

Astor:

Xix:
 - Inventory: Found a Tiny Chest
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Small Object Handling skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Skills: Language skill increased Moderately. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 04:29:52 pm »

First order, he checks himself for injuries and thanks Flat. Astor then follows the others while keeping an eye out for anything he can use. He also checks his stuff for damage, particularly the headband and the sling.

His personality... would be rather stoic. He has spent many years in the wild stalking prey or running through desolate plains. However, he is moved to passion when it involves his family. Expect exotic swears that would make a sailor blush.

As for what he would do if this is going where I think it's going, he would leave the brainy guys to figure out what to do, and leave him to accomplish any task they need him for. Worked in the past.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 05:47:18 pm »

Abronychus follows along with the natives, keeping an eye out for landmarks, unusual animals, and possibly edible plants. He tries to remember the path that they walk along, and be friendly and jovial with other people. Of course, he avoids doing anything that could possibly be seen as offensive.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 06:41:17 pm »

Spoiler: ooc stuff (click to show/hide)

This turn:
I try to figure out were we are exactly, using stuff like the make-up of the rocks and sand, position of the sun, outline of the mountain, other landmarks, etc. and comparing it to maps I get on the net. I also try to contact some kind of authority (www.[whatever country they are from].org maybe?), and report the shipwreck.

I keep track of the direction the others leave, and if it's still time left this turn I quickly pack my laptop down again and follow them hurriedly.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36