Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45673 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 07:15:00 pm »

I will follow in the sky. If anyone feels like riding, I suppose I could carry them. I might even be able to fly with them on me! If not, I'll glide or run, it makes no difference. I'm just following the natives for now, maybe noting a few landmarks.

((OOC: I feel like a chocobo!))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 08:12:06 pm »

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2008, 11:07:20 pm »

This is going along at a pretty decent rate! Turn 2 will be up tomorrow, along with the edits to the first page and skills and such.

Armok:

WorkerDrone:
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:21 pm »

Turn 2
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: I will follow in the sky. If anyone feels like riding, I suppose I could carry them. I might even be able to fly with them on me! If not, I'll glide or run, it makes no difference. I'm just following the natives for now, maybe noting a few landmarks.
Astor: First order, he checks himself for injuries and thanks Flat. Astor then follows the others while keeping an eye out for anything he can use. He also checks his stuff for damage, particularly the headband and the sling.
Gaweir: I opt to stay on foot, following the natives, again converseing with them to learn more of their language, and perhaps a little about them. On the way, I will take note of obvious landmarks, but not waste time searching for little things.
Abronychus: I follow along with the natives, keeping an eye out for landmarks, unusual animals, and possibly edible plants. He tries to remember the path that they walk along, and be friendly and jovial with other people. Of course, I avoid doing anything that could possibly be seen as offensive.

And so the party (or most of it) continued walking with the natives. The central native, whose name was now discovered to be Kogar by Gaweir, seemed very eager to get the party to the village, however he displayed nothing but joy and happiness. The two spear men walked to the sides of the party, slight smiles on their faces, but nothing as vivid as Kogar's grin. The two bowmen walked behind, with similar expressions. Gaweir now understood a decent number of their language's words, but was not very close to sentence comprehension, let alone talking back. Words such as "weapon, hut, clothing, armor, tree, sand, water, ship," and "mountain," along with many others, were known.
While walking, many of the party members were not only eager to learn of the natives, but also of the surrounding area. While conversing, Gaweir took a few moments here and there to look around, but the natives did not take it as a sense of danger; but as a sense of wonderment. Abronychus took a similar action, however he would at many times tap the native's shoulder, point to a plant, and try his best to inquire. After the fifth time, Kogar knew what Abronychus would ask, thus inquiring was not needed. He learned of a few plants, most of them dull, however one spiky red flower, similar to a rose but with far larger thorns and a flower that blooms much larger, apparently had a considerably good taste when boiled; it is considered a delicacy. Kogar warned with a few gestures, however, that smelling the flower before it is boiled can paralyze a person for hours. Abronychus took a few large leaves and wrapped the flower up, and stored it.
Flat also took the time to explore the land, soaring above the party and looking across the landscape, and seeing nothing but beauty. Lush forest was everywhere to be seen; on the ground, the sides of mountains, cliffs, even smaller islands off the main one seemed to be miniature jungles. In the distance, Flat could see a large stone structure, possibly a tower; it seemed to be quite ruined, but standing. A few of these towers lined the landscape, with one even being on one of the smaller islands. One particularly interesting place that Flat noted was a rock a distance past the large rock formation on the beach; it was shaped similarly to himself, but of course not very detailed, being just a rock.
While moving, Astor felt around himself, making sure he was alright. He had only a short time ago awoken from unconsciousness, and was worried he might be injured. Checking his backpack, he found that all seemed to be in order. There was a slight tear in his wool shirt, but it was near impossible to see without trying to find it. Once he found himself to be alright, he continued walking, listening somewhat to the conversation between Gaweir and Kogar, but mainly looking for anything useful. As luck would have it, he did find a small pile of fairly smooth rocks, of a size nearly perfect for his sling! He grabbed the smoothest rocks, and the best sized, and continued on.

However, during their travels, the spear man on the right stopped, turning his head slightly to the right.

"Rahn inya!"

The spear man jumped to the left, taking Abronychus to the ground, as the spear man to the left took down Astor and Kogar took Gaweir. Instantly, three arrows flew overhead, and the two bowmen began firing into the jungle at some apparently unseen foes. Flat was not as lucky, however, and was shot in the left wing by someone, or something, in the jungle, and came crashing down in front of the party...

Group 2: Xix
Xix: I try to figure out were we are exactly, using {...} etc. and comparing it to maps I get on the net. I also try to contact some kind of authority, and report the shipwreck.

While the rest of the party moved on, Xix decided that she would investigate a little further on the island. Starting her computer, and entering a search browser, she quickly found a suitable site to use. Using some form of GPS, the site told Xix that her computer was at coordinates 3N, 22W (3 degrees North, 22 degrees West), however zooming in on the said location, Xix found no island present. Further searching revealed nothing nearby, as if the island did not exist at all. As a last resort, Xix searched for the port she now remembered they had left from: a sturdy stronghold named as Flameguarde Keep. Even stranger was that this place was also not present, from a short bit of searching, over the internet, and yet it is a very well known and bustling place! Packing up her laptop, Xix proceeded to run to catch up with the rest of the party, quite confused.

Flat:
 - Wounds: Pierced wing status=untreated effects=severe flying penalty (---flying), dizzy (-movement)
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Flying skill increased slightly. Gliding skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Found 6 Smooth Stones
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Skills: Researching skill increased slightly.

Gaweir:
 - Skills: Language skill increased Moderately. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Inventory: Found a Paralyzing Red Flower (wrapped in a leaf)
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:58:17 pm by Vaiolis »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 07:55:43 pm »

I'm going to follow along with what the spearmen do at this point. We're obviously being attacked, but it isn't yet clear if our assailants have fled, or if we should pursue them. It is entirely possible that that was an assassination attempt directed against us by a authority wanting to prevent the coming of the Great Bird and his priests.

Or it could have just been a rival tribe. Regardless, I'm going to do what the spearmen do, unless they tell me to do something else. I'm also going to try and express my gratitude by giving the spearman who pushed me out of the way of the arrow that silver plated water bottle I have.

If the spearmen pursue the attackers and expect us to as well, I'll use my trident and the paralyzing flower against the assailants (assuming we catch up to them). If we get into grappling combat, I'll try and use the sword to knife my opponent.

Above all else, I am not going to run out there alone, like an idiot.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 08:25:31 pm »

Next Turn:

Yeah, sorry there Flat. But I think getting rid of the baddies should come first.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 08:39:15 pm »

((ooo-kay. that was unexpected))

This turn:
I run after them at full speed.
Once I get within hearing range, I shout a shorted up version of my discoveries, and that this is very likely very dire news. I however do this in a tune of voice mimicking that of a common greeting.
Once I catch up I tell in more detail my discoveries, tries to catch up whit theirs, and while doing that thinks hard for possible theories but don't specify those to the others yet.

About the fight, I try to stay far away from it, and otherwise continue conversation as normal.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 09:11:01 pm »

Well... that sucks. Might as well fix up my wing. I try my best to patch up my injuries.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 10:08:54 pm »

With...your...talons...which are impossibly far away...and...a...equally sharp beak. Over to one random end or odd of your thirty five foot long wings.

AND your a bird. Good luck.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 10:55:11 pm »

Astor, not one to forget somebody who has helped him, rushes over to Flat and looks around for attackers. Any arrows he preceves he tries to dodge, although considering his speed most peoples aim would be off a bit. Once he reaches Flat, he takes out his sling and prepares to protect the bird.

However, if the wound is particularly bad he will try his best to make sure Abronychus gets there quickly. If that is not possible, he tries to remove the arrow and restrict blood flow with his sling.

Summary:
 -Get to Flat quickly.
 -Get Abronychus to flat quickly.
 -CHOCO CURE!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 11:04:21 pm »

*Restrained chuckle*

Chocobo...man thats funny.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 03:04:23 pm »

I was shot through the wing. I think somewhere in that 35 feet is reachable. I mean, it's not like I can't bring them toward the beak. Oh well. Shoulda made my saliva with the ability to heal!

You know... if birds have saliva

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 08:45:06 pm »

As a holiday is coming up, updates might be slower. They probably won't be, but I can never be sure...

Also, to help tell conversations apart, and the actions apart, the actions people make are now colored by the player's color (red is non-player. Kogar has just been the only non-player to speak so far).

Turn 3
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: I try my best to patch up my injuries.
Astor: -Get to Flat quickly. -Get Abronychus to flat quickly. -CHOCO CURE!
Xix: I run after them at full speed. Once I get within hearing range, I shout a shorted up version of my discoveries, and that this is very likely very dire news. I however do this in a tune of voice mimicking that of a common greeting. Once I catch up I tell in more detail my discoveries, tries to catch up whit theirs, and while doing that thinks hard for possible theories but don't specify those to the others yet.
Gaweir: I will keep my head down, and try and spot the attackers. If they have fled, I will talk to Kogar and try and find out who the attackers were. Should I find out, then I will tell the rest of the party who it was to the best of my ability. And of course try and aid flat with his injury. If we are still in danger, I will also try and take note of the location where the arrows had flown from. Once I do, I will talk Kogar and his, and our party into attacking, likely by having the two archers lay down fire at the spots where I find the arrows came from, and then once they are pinned down, kill them all, without mercy.
Abronychus: I'm going to follow along with what the spearmen do at this point. I'm also going to try and express my gratitude by giving the spearman who pushed me out of the way of the arrow that silver plated water bottle I have. If the spearmen pursue the attackers and expect us to as well, I'll use my trident and the paralyzing flower against the assailants. If we get into grappling combat, I'll try and use the sword to knife my opponent.

The two spear men, jumping up from the ground with respectable haste, sprinted to the tree-line of the path and took cover behind a few large trees. Kogar also moved in, but went farther into the jungle, still visible to the party, but less so compared to the spear men. The two archers took places in front of a fallen down tree, crouching, readying their bows, and aiming into the woods. Another volley of arrows rocketed from deep in the jungle, but luckily this volley hit no targets. Still the archers waited, attempting to find the perfect shot. Gaweir joined them soon after, crouching down with them and searching through the thick foliage for any signs of movement.

Meanwhile, Flat laid onto the ground, lifting his wing up to his beak, and bit down onto his wing slightly, causing a bit of pain, but also restricting blood flow by a decent amount. As he did this, Astor rushed over to him, gently removing the arrow, and preparing to restrict the blood flow, however it seemed that the arrow had pierced a thin area of the wing, and blood loss was very minimal. Unsure of what else to do to help heal him, Astor took out his sling, loaded it with a bullet, and aimed into the jungle, waiting as the archers and Gaweir did for an open shot.

Joining Gaweir at around the same time as Astor reached Flat, Abronychus wne to the tree line and pressed himself against a fourth tree. Listening intently for any sudden sounds, he carefully waited. However, he didn't wait for long as another volley of arrows rained through the foliage.

"There, behind that blueish bush! Yes, right there, I saw something!"

Gaweir believed he noticed an arrow come straight from a blue-tinted bush quite close to Kogar. Instantly, the archers, and Astor, fired on the spot where he pointed, Astor a bit more precise as he had his language to go off of, not just his pointing. Trying his best to count the number of arrows, Astor commented:

"I believe there are about ten out there shooting at us, maybe more!"

Gaweir called to Kogar and using what little language he had acquired, tried to tell him. Kogar understood.

"Duran rahn inya leku rista'rai enzes. Lurstik con gregin!"

Gaweir couldn't quite understand what Kogar stated, but he knew it had the attackers mentioned, and also stated that a certain body part was the weakest point to target. Unfortunately, he was not sure which part, and couldn't look at Kogar as he began to charge, and another volley of arrows came flying past their heads. One of the archers was hit in the shoulder, and the point was showing from the other side. The two spear men, and Abronychus, also charged, with one spearmen chagring forward, one flanking left, and Abronychus flanking right, as one of them motioned him to do.

While the warriors charged in, and the others stayed back and gave support, a quiet shout was heard from a distance away, however it seemed friendlier than an average shout, more like a loud greeting.

"This island isn't on any map! Nothing is!"

The shout soon grew louder, and Gaweir and Astor looked over (the archers paying little attention, as it did not sound urgent) to see Xix sprinting from a ways down the path. But their looks were stopped short by yet another wave of arrows. Seeing this, Xix sprinted harder, and quickly made it to them.

"While looking over some map archives I found online, this island is not present anywhere on the map! That, or its GPS functionality is messing up. However, it cannot be that, because I also found that Flameguarde isn't even mentioned anywhere on the web! Either aliens have re-written the internet or-"

Xix's speech was cut short as one final wave of arrows came through. The archer kneeling on the log was hit again, this time in the head. A scream of pain could also be heard from inside the jungle. Xix backed up a bit, hiding as mcuh as she could behind Flat, and continued.

"Or something very bad is going on here. By the looks of things, we may not even be on the same planet!"

Gaweir and Astor looked with shock and confusion, before they heard the second bowman shout in sadness from the loss of his comrade. Looking back, Astor continued to fire somewhat blindly, as Gaweir did his best to locate enemies.

Meanwhile, Abronychus rushed through the foliage with considerable speed, only faltering slightly at a few roots, and finally made it to where the arrows originated. Looking to his left, he saw Kogar and one of the spear men just starting to fight with a black entity he could not make out. The second spear man was no where to be seen. However his gaze was ended as something leaped from a bush and jumped at Abronychus! Holding his trident forwards, the strange black creature, a disgusting, black, agile yet weak creature, resembling a midnight-colored goblin, with a large and rather menacing scimitar, only just barely managed to dodge it by kicking off of a tree. Following it with his trident, Abronychus had trouble keeping up with its insane speed. Pulling out the red flower, he held his breath and waves it rapidly near the creature. It wasn't close enough to knock it out, but it did waver long enough for Abronychus to impale it in the stomach. He then swung it around and launched it off the trident, it flying off and smashing into a tree.

But, the creature somehow was not finished yet. It quickly got back up to its feet, wavering slightly from dizziness, and leaped back towards Abronychus. This time, his trident was not yet ready, and the creature somehow manages to tackle him, making him lose his grip on the trident. Whipping out his sword, he brought it up to the creature, but it quickly blocked it with his own blade. He and the create struggled for a short time, grabbing each other's limbs in an attemp to prevent damage, however Abronychus finally got the upper hand and he slipped his foot between he and the creature, and kicked it off. After, he took his sword and stabbed it in the head.

Getting up and brushing off quickly, Abronychus went over to his trident and picked it up. But as he turned around, he stared in awe as the creature got up again, removing the sword from his head and wielding both weapons. It grinned wickedly and charged. Left with little other choice, Abronychus, now getting a bit dizzy from the flower, threw the flower at the creature, and was very lucky to hit it right in the face. It near-instantly fell over unconscious. Taking his trident, he tried the last place he could think of, and stabbed it in the chest. It finally seemed dead, and not just from being unconscious.

Finally through with the creature, he removed his sword from its hand and sheathed it, keeping his trident ready. Looking over, he saw Kogar and the spear man waiting for more attacks, both of them looking unscathed. He then picked up his flower again as well and wrapped it up, staring at the scimitar for a moment, unsure if it was worth taking.

Flat:
 - Wounds: Pierced wing status=partially treated effects=severe flying penalty (---flying)
 - Skills: Healing skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Inventory: Lost 3 Smooth Stones
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Aiming skill increased slightly. Sling skill increased moderately. Healing skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased moderately

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: Light scratches effects=tired
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Polearms skill increased moderately. Throwing skill increased slightly. Sword skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Grappling skill increased slightly

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 09:33:27 pm »

Next Turn:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:36:31 pm by WorkerDrone »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 09:38:13 pm »

((I was going to say "Xix doesn't believe in stuff like ailens", then I realized she's a SPHINX who use MAGIC... :p ))

My actions:
(if the battle is over:)
I quickly rush forth when the fight finally ends, behead the dead creature whit the scimitar (snatching it from in front of Abronychus nose, but not in a hostile it thieving manner) and throw the head far out at sea whit the staff, then I proceed to gather everyone, make sure everyone knows everything anyone knows, and write down it all in my notebook. I keep the scimitar.
(if I misread somewhere and we are still under fire:)
I deflect arrows and disarm opponents from a distance, when the battle ends see above.

((Another quirk of Xix: she avoids violence, and will rather use the staff to deflect arrows or disarm opponents, but as far as what others do she does not seem to care, she just feels displeasure at killing herself, she doesn't even swat flies unless it seems necessary. If she DOES deem it unavoidable however she will do whatever is necessary to save others. She is however unaffected completely by blood and gore, and has no more respect for a dead body than for a rock.))

((Edit: this game is AWESOME by the way  :D ))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:44:46 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36