Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299411 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:47 pm »

Easy way to get food at later point, is using nets, then either drying or smoking the fish. Roast some of them if you're short, and the stuff you have in the making will last you a while. Then again, same goes for meat except it's even better.

In case anyone wondered, you're able to use nets during winter. Just make holes in the ice and there you go. The holes will freeze over, but somehow you're still able to pull in the nets and get fish.

So far I got, what, six nets, and three fishing rods. That and hundreds of pieces of smoked and dried meat. I guess fisherman life would be challenging since you get less food out of it. It's a lot easier though, what with the lack of carp.

Nets and fishing rods you got to trade for, although at times, Njerpez can carry them. Of course, they don't hand them just over but a few javelins will fix that.

Trade tip, even ragged and inferior hides are worth a lot to the traders.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »

Ieb, why do you need more than one fishing rod?

Anyway, passive fishing with net(s) works wonder. I've been doing the same. Just curious, do you put all of your nets at one spot or spread them around? Does it matter at all?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2010, 06:32:01 am »

I've been spreading them around. I guess I could toss them all in one spot, but RL net-fishing has made me think "oh noes the nets will get all tangled up!" and so, I give each net their own spot.

And I got three in case they start to degenerate upon use like other items. I got so many frostbites during the travel to get to a village which has fishing tools, that I figured I might as well get enough of everything to last for a while.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2010, 06:44:07 am »

My attempts at fishing with nets proved futile a while back. How often should you pull them out? Once a day?

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2010, 07:08:07 am »

I have three nets for my current character. When I fancy doing a spot of fishing I drop them in at a certain time of day, and have to remember to pick them up at the same time period the next day.

I have had mixed luck. I would estimate I am getting a catch from about one in four nets, in rapids.

If I get a trout or a salmon this is pretty good, but quite often I end up with 8 or so of the little ones (bream? perch? I forget ...) these aren't so nutritious.

I have tried offering the catch to the river guardian. It doesn't exactly seem to make things go that much better. Maybe it stops it going worse.

Also maybe it is seasonal? This is all based on the late spring, early summer.

With my three nets I am sure I could catch enough food to live, but it doesn't seem quite as profitable as rafting up the river to the wilderness for a few days (I have a little shelter there) and sticking me some elk.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2010, 07:14:57 am »

You can toss the nets in and pick them up a bit after a day they've been there, and the fish would be okay. It's after 2 days that they're dead and inedible.

Anyway.

I would assume Fishing skill has a hand at how much you get out of it, I think I have, was it 30% or 40%? Something along those lines.

I'm also pretty sure it's not a seasonal thing. I've been fishing in winter, and still get trouts, pikes, breams and whatnot.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2010, 01:11:32 pm »

...  How do I get on a punt/raft?  Spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure that out...

Edit: Also.. how do I load it up?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:13:12 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:51 pm »

Move the raft/punt to the shore, equip your paddle or that other thing you need to move 'em and take a step towards water. You should be on watercraft from then on.

And to load it up is rather easy.

Just move all the stuff you want moved on the raft/punt, and then do the above thing. There's no weight limit so you can load it up with as much as you want.

At least I'm pretty sure there isn't a weight limit. If there is, you might drown horribly.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2010, 01:45:11 pm »

So the shore is on the water or the land next to the water?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2010, 01:50:35 pm »

Land next to water. Not sure if that glitch where you can accidentally sink a raft by moving it onto a water space has been fixed yet.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2010, 05:46:35 pm »

I moved my raft a bunch of times on the water by accident. Sort of forgot that's not how I had been using it until then.

It didn't disappear, that's good. Although I did have to swim and push it back on the shore.

And yeah, on shore = 1 tile from water.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2010, 06:37:23 pm »

I moved my raft a bunch of times on the water by accident. Sort of forgot that's not how I had been using it until then.

It didn't disappear, that's good. Although I did have to swim and push it back on the shore.

And yeah, on shore = 1 tile from water.
Thats what I've been doing...  except with a punt I bought with dead animal parts.

VanBarn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2010, 06:11:07 pm »

I was looking at this spear called a ango and the description on it said it was ideal for seal hunting. Im wondering is there seals in the game? and sasquatch? is it possible to find the hairy dude? ???

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2010, 09:54:03 pm »

Sasquatch lives in the Americas, so probably not. This game is set in Dark Ages Finland. As for seals, I never saw them but I never tried playing a coastal map. If they are in, that would be a good spot to look I'd guess.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

mithra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »

Sasquatch lives in the Americas, so probably not. This game is set in Dark Ages Finland. As for seals, I never saw them but I never tried playing a coastal map. If they are in, that would be a good spot to look I'd guess.

Much like Elvis (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_hkIN38qnY), Sasquatch is everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 101