Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299375 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2010, 03:42:39 pm »

Modern windows games are well behaved in that they store things like saved games under Documents or AppData, but others don't.
I would argue that modern windows is poorly behaved in that it doesn't let you store things in program files ;)
I would much prefer to have all my documents in one place than have them scattered in several different locations.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2010, 05:04:32 pm »

Modern windows games are well behaved in that they store things like saved games under Documents or AppData, but others don't.
I would argue that modern windows is poorly behaved in that it doesn't let you store things in program files ;)
I would much prefer to have all my documents in one place than have them scattered in several different locations.

You must be joking... or you're one of those guys that saved all your Word documents in the same folder where the executables and DLLs for WINWORD resided.

Oh joy... the golden age of tech support.

"Windows doesn't work anymore! After I deleted all those useless DLL files that were cluttering the system."
"Those files are Windows! You can't delete them!"
"But I wasn't using them."
"The system needs those files to work properly!"
"But I wasn't using them..."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:06:14 pm by Sergius »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2010, 08:34:41 pm »

You must be joking... or you're one of those guys that saved all your Word documents in the same folder where the executables and DLLs for WINWORD resided.

Oh joy... the golden age of tech support.

"Windows doesn't work anymore! After I deleted all those useless DLL files that were cluttering the system."
"Those files are Windows! You can't delete them!"
"But I wasn't using them."
"The system needs those files to work properly!"
"But I wasn't using them..."

???
Where did I say I would randomly delete system documents? I must have missed that part of my post...
I think the point is I am not an idiot with computers, therefore I don't need windows holding my hand and preventing me from performing completely safe actions.
Just because you may have gotten burned deleting something you should not have in Program Files doesn't mean I have... So while I respect your appreciation for crippling restrictions and annoying 'warnings' all over Windows, I do not like those things. And, if you think liking full access to Program Files is bad... I turned User Access Control off on Vista!!!  :o
 ;)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:51 pm »

SO YEAH UNREAL WORLD.

Has anyone been besieged by the fiends known as "foriegn traders" yet?

They cut down several dozen trees on my property before I managed to dispose of them.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2010, 10:43:42 pm »

That is why one must make a multi ring palisade of traps and fences.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2010, 10:35:48 am »

They cut down several dozen trees on my property before I managed to dispose of them.
???
They cut trees???
Is that new?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2010, 07:41:23 am »

Apparently so, at least I saw a thread in the UrW forums saying that they're clear-cutting forest around player habitat.

So, like last week I remembered this game. And the fact that I had bought the lifetime membership. One email, and a few days later, and I was back up playing this thing.

And it's great. Makes me think future Adventurer mode in Dwarf Fortress might be similar to it, building your own house, hunting for food, taking care of hostile invaders, goblins or not and in general, doing whatever you want.

Just managed to get back from the Islander area of the world to my hut in an island, after trading some stuff for a trident and a net for fishing. During this, I accidentally did kill an entire settlement.

Stupid 3 key being used for both Attack and converse options.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2010, 01:20:59 am »

Hi folks, I'm about to buy this game but I'm playing on a laptop. Will I have problem with NumPad?

EDIT: More question.

Can my character die of old age?
Can my character gets married and have children? If not, will this be implemented in the future?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:25:25 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dephbokks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2010, 02:29:30 am »

You can download a demo version to make sure it works on your laptop. I think the demo will let your character live for 10 days.

As far as numpad: if I recall correctly, you can just use the arrow keys since UW has up arrow = forward and left and right arrows rotate you left/right respectively. So it is a directional roguelike.

I think your character can take a wife, but I'm not sure of children and old age.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:40 am »

I'm pretty sure the current version doesn't have marriage anymore, and even back when that option was in the game, it just gave a bit of bonuses to stuff you did within the house, cooking or whatnot. No kids being born and so on.

"You have failed to make a child".

Something like that.

Err, anyway. No marriage in this version, I figure it's one of those things that are being remade and updated and so on.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2010, 03:23:36 pm »

Hoo boy, got some updates here.

Lifetime subscription :smug:
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:02 pm »

Thanks for the answers, dephbokks and Ieb. I got my lifetime registration already. For future reference, I'm playing on a laptop and has no problem with NumPad. This game already stole 3 hours of my sleeping time.

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

VanBarn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2010, 05:40:07 pm »

Hey dudes, question. I trying to make arrows but I cant figure out how to obtain the shaft of the arrow. help please ???

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2010, 06:04:29 pm »

Hey dudes, question. I trying to make arrows but I cant figure out how to obtain the shaft of the arrow. help please ???
Is this still accurate?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2010, 07:17:18 pm »

Afaik, "shaft" just means branch.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 101