Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77619 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 7 and Akroma vs. the Shadow Queen!
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2008, 01:55:05 pm »

Ah-ha, an excuse to examine Dewprism then! I'll grab and use my Rubix Cube to practice the divination of magical objects via complex mathematical formulas on Dewprism. If the Rubix Cube is behind the bars, then I'll just have to meditate to divine its properties.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2008, 01:55:11 pm »

Frelock might be able to rip the bars out the way for you though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2008, 01:56:23 pm »

Probably, but he's a bit preoccupied a few rooms away. I have faith in the abilities of my artifact to cut through bars though.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2008, 03:24:17 pm »

In an attempt to help Akroma, I try and learn how to conjure fire.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2008, 01:57:54 am »

Waiting for Boksi...

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:05 am »

We are? Eep!

I'll use the shadow being's essence to fill Kashyyk's soul while taking his own life essence and adding it to myself. Then I'll shove him into the left side of our mutual body while I take the right side for myself. If I do this right Kashyyk'll become a creature of darkness while I become a being of light. In the same body.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2008, 11:18:43 am »

This round is EPIC. Not only because somebody rolled ALL EPICS for each one of his/her rolls, but because it lets me do a heck of a lot more. I probably won't have everything up for about half an hour or so

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2008, 11:22:30 am »

We are? Eep!

I'll use the shadow being's essence to fill Kashyyk's soul while taking his own life essence and adding it to myself. Then I'll shove him into the left side of our mutual body while I take the right side for myself. If I do this right Kashyyk'll become a creature of darkness while I become a being of light. In the same body.

That could be potentially Explosive.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2008, 11:23:29 am »

SO WHAT?

I WILL SOFA-KING DO IT!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2008, 12:34:29 pm »

Turn 7 Results:
Teenage mutant karate scorpions! :P

I leap at a caveman and sting him!
[6 – 1 – 1] – You move at a startlingly fast speed through the hallway and manage to make it into the canyon room. [4 – 1 – 1] You don't manage to sting anyone though.

HAHA oh no you don't

I reverse my heart beat, sucking blood in instead of pumping it out, sucking the little girl right back into my body.
[1] – You try and reverse your blood flow, but only make the wound bigger. The girl seems to becomes stronger. {Serious bleeding: Roll to control, -2 to damage, -1 to checks}

I summon deaths scythe, and lop all the Shadow figures into little pieces!!
[4] – Death's Scythe seems to materialize out of nowhere into your hand. You spin in a circle and try to hit all the Shadows around you. [3] You only manage to come close to one or two, [1] but you miss them horribly. [1] Of course, now they know you're not one of them... And they're all pretty angry.

Ah-ha, an excuse to examine Dewprism then! I'll grab and use my Rubix Cube to practice the divination of magical objects via complex mathematical formulas on Dewprism. If the Rubix Cube is behind the bars, then I'll just have to meditate to divine its properties.
[3] – You don't find out anything about the knife, except that it's fairly sharp. You manage to cut some of the bars blocking the hall. {+1 to attack}

In an attempt to help Akroma, I try and learn how to conjure fire.
[5] – Despite your newfound fear of fire, you turn your hands into fireballs. Luckily, this seems to weaken the girl. Unfortunately, it also seems to weaken Akroma. {Fire hands: +1 to damage, +1 to damage dark. Areas around you now considered bright}

[4] – You don't manage to control the Shadow or Kashyyk, but you do manage to put yourself into the right side of the body. {Control right side: You no longer roll to control the whole body, but you now control the right side}

I go along with Dark and barricade the door, along with mentioning to the painting that if she doesn't give Dark the information, I will get revenge upon her for spitting on me (I have +1 to that!).
[6 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - After Dark tells you to barricade the door, you start to walk away. You then come back and, in the most intimidating way you can manage, you threaten the lady in the painting. She laughs, at which point your Swiss Army Hand turns into a knife, and you slash a portion of the painting. {+1 to accuracy, +1 to attack} [6 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) You have immaculate aim! (+3 to damage) [4 + 1 + 3] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) The painting gushes mass amounts of paint from the massive rip, [5] but it seems to be able to survive this round. You hear horrible, gurgled screams as you walk away and hold the door. {Painting: Critical Bleeding: Roll to survive, Roll to control, -2 to control checks} {+2 to interrogate this turn}

I tell Frelock to barricade the door while I begin questioning the painting on how to get out of this place safely.
[4 + 1 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - The lady in the painting tells you everything you want to know. The only problem is that she says it in the form of a poem.

“The safest way is yet unclear,
Though travel must you close to here.
Though portals be some of the mirrors,
Some will reflect your deepest fears.
A war will broke out very soon.
And then you'll have until the moon
Reaches its prime, its fullest light,
To end the Shadows and their blight.
For if you fail, the world goes dark,
Where light will never leave a mark.”

[6] She still has more to tell you, though. It turns out that the moon is is full tonight, which she suspects is when you have until. She manages to tell you that the time is about 6:30 PM now and that you'll have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. {Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining 10 minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. (Basically, you have 8 more rounds until the 6-hour randomizer) Good luck.}

NPC Actions:

Shadow [3] – The Shadow tries to force itself into control, but doesn't manage to do so.

Shadow Queen [3] – The girl tries to shoot some of the spikes, but she can't seem to control where they go. [4] A few come pretty close to Akroma, [1] but she doesn't even flinch as they move past her.

Cavemen [2] Some of the cavemen rush the Shadows, but the guy in front is really slow. Some try to stop before they run into the guy in front of them and fall off the bridge.

Shadow Mob [1] – The Shadows seems utterly confused as to whether or not to attack Kashyyk or the Cavemen. The ones that do charge at the Cavemen are pushed into the Canyon.

Painting [2] – The painting tries to say more, but passes out. {Unconscious: roll to check, -3 to physical actions}

Challenges:
Challenge 4: Dark vs Dark
Players: Akroma, Boogerman, and anyone else who enters the gravity room.
The young girl is getting stronger by the second, but the light from Boogerman's hands is enough to cause her to weaken significantly. Akroma weakens as well, though not as much, but she seems to be bleeding a lot.

Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadows and Cavemen seem to both be confused as to what to do. One of the Shadows doesn't seem to be one of their own, throwing off the Shadows.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining 10 minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 6:40 PM.

Status Rolls:
Akroma [2 - 1] – Your bleeding gets worse! {Critical Bleeding: Roll to survive, Roll to control, -2 to control checks}
Boogerman [2] – Your nose bleed continues!
Kashyyk (1-3)/Shadow (4-6) [5] – The Shadow takes control of the left side this round. Death's Scythe disappears. Luckily, the Shadow Sword is in the right hand.
Painting [1] – The painting drains the paint from its frame. The painting offers one last scream before everything is drained.

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Holding a shadow blade in right hand. Shadow holds control of the left side next round. Boski holds control over the right side. In the canyon room.
Kashyyk: Merged. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall.
Jay Kayell: A scorpion. Very unlucky. Doomed. Knows some karate. In the first hall.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken bleeding nose. Hands are fireballs. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. One with darkness. Metal-meshed. Critically bleeding.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the hall. Has Item Summoning. Has Artifact Knife.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.
Shadow Queen: Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In the gravity room.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut. There is a dull Rubik's cube on the floor.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the other side of the gap, similar to what might be a caveman, all with sharp sticks chargin over a bridge that crosses the middle. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures that seem to be very confused.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:39:58 pm by webadict »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 8 and The Plot Thickens!
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2008, 12:55:36 pm »

Aw great, you just had to start the Doomsday Clock.

Enraged by the constant humming, I snatch up my Rubix Cube, slash a path through the bars if needed, and enter the canyon room, looking for a fight.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2008, 01:00:23 pm »

I rush toward the girl, and start attacking her with my newfound power.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2008, 01:23:30 pm »

I try to become the scorpion king!
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2008, 01:31:32 pm »

Aw great, you just had to start the Doomsday Clock.

Enraged by the constant humming, I snatch up my Rubix Cube, slash a path through the bars if needed, and enter the canyon room, looking for a fight.

What fun is it without a time limit?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 02:32:39 pm »

I lay mind traps in the left side of the body, making it difficult for the shadow to do anything (of course, they do not affect me as I know where they are)

I try to teach Boksi's subconscious to use the shadow blade
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:22:39 pm by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41