Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77624 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 6 and Jay didn't fail!
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2008, 12:26:09 pm »

I'm not sure I like where this is going. The only person/people near me is/are a shadowy entity (with multiple dissociative personality disorder) likely to try to randomly kill me. and a suicidal maniac with an enlightening signature basically declared vendetta on me because I like shiny things. On the plus side, I am likely to soon be holding a scorpion that'll probably explode when Jay possesses it.

Oh well, as long as I have my knife and Rubix Cube, I should be okay.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2008, 12:28:39 pm »

I am planning on absorbing/destroying the shadow's spirit so it wont be able to kill you very easily. (what with it having to fight for control every turn.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2008, 12:45:18 pm »

oh come on, it is not a vendetta

it's just that shiny things have to go
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2008, 01:07:41 pm »

This is a tough choice, but I get the feeling that Akroma will be able to persuade me to join the dark side. Preferably before I get skewered. I never liked shiny things anyway. Except maybe gold and silver.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2008, 01:16:29 pm »

New action: I go to the cavemen, if I get there I try to find something interesting near their campfire.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2008, 01:19:58 pm »

New action: I go to the cavemen, if I get there I try to find something interesting near their campfire.
Too late. I already turned you into a scorpion. I'll post in a second.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2008, 01:23:39 pm »

Well when I said this was going to be fun, turns out I was right.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2008, 01:32:07 pm »

Turn 6 Results:
I think I'll let Kashyyk set off any traps in the new room this turn, and attempt to create one more creation for now: a small (roughly the size of a kitten), shiny, clockwork scorpion. I imagine it being able to be wound up, and able to run/jump/pinch/slash with its tail. Perhaps a small cistern for holding enough of a poisonous substance for two applications via tail strike, starting with a temporary paralysis agent. All it should be able to do on its own is walk around in circles a bit ... perhaps it could be possessed by a player with no body who doesn't wish me dead?
[2 + 2] – You imagine a wind-up scorpion in your mind. You concentrate really hard on possible mechanics, when you hear a *POP*. You open your eyes to see... A real scorpion! [4] It doesn't seem concerned with you, though.

If Torir manages to build a mechanical scorpion I try to possess it.
If he doesn't, I try to get over to the cavemen (can ghosts fly?)
[6 – 1 – 1] – You dive into the scorpion's form and take over it, confusing it with a mechanical scorpion. It offers little resistance to you, and you succeed.

nah, scratch that, change of action completely.

I attempt to use my new dark metal blood to coat the walls witha  ever so slightly film of darkness. Enough to cover the walls, but not too much, so I don't bleed to death. There are no visible light sources, so the light has to come from the walls, logicaly.

In other words, I attempt to coat everything in complete and utter darkness (because that's what horror settings need)

I hereby declare this light vs. darkness RTD

pick your side soon
[1] – You manage to use your new metallic nails to cut yourself, but the darkness and metal that ooze out aren't under your control anymore! They begin to take the shape of a young girl [2] and she doesn't seem very happy to see you! {Moderate bleeding: roll to stop}

I get up off the floor, move into the mirror hall, and break one of the mirrors to see whats behind it.
[6] – You see Akroma and a dark,metallic figure and think, “I'm outta here.” You rush to the door, but it's locked. {+1 overshot bonus} [3 + 1] You pry on the door, breaking the hinges and the knob, but not opening the door completely. Looks like your stuck in there. At least you're prepared for what's gonna happen. {+1 to dodge, +1 to damage next turn}

Well, I'll talk to that painting, finding out useful information, and trying to get her to magically heal my arm (or turn it into a mechanical monstrosity).
[2] – You go up to the painting and ask it about the weather. The girl inside spits at you, covering you in paint. She then laughs at you. The paint seems to mess with your Swiss Army Hand.

I help Frelock negotiate with the painting.
[4] – You push Frelock out of the way, because he obviously has no idea how to interrogate someone. You ask her what this place is. She says, “Why, it's the hall of mirror, sir!” You then smack the painting across the face. {+1 to gathering information from the painting next turn}

I'll be watching my surroundings very closely, so Kashyyk won't get any sort of nasty surprise.
[1] – Try as you may, you can't seem to sense anything outside of your merged form. You seem to offer less force when trying to control the form. {-1 to control this turn for Boksi}

I walk down to the Cavemen, open armed and very friendly.
(@JK: I think you might be a bit to far away to remove your bad luck, Come closer!)
[1] – You walk through the room, looking at the blocks of ice. One of them cracks open, revealing another Shadow form. [5] He seems to confuse as being part of them, what with your part Shadow mix. He then lets out a loud howl. The howl seems to bring out the Shadow inside of you.

Challenges:
Challenge 4: Dark vs Dark
Players: Akroma, Boogerman, and anyone else who enters the gravity room.
The young girl glares at Akroma, who seems to be bleeding out more dark metal. Spikes start to form around the girl, shooting out a random angles. Boogerman stands near the door, watching in horror.

Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadow's howl seems to awaken the other frozen forms, causing them to break open as well. The cavemen on the other side stop what they're doing and grab their sticks. Both sides prepare for battle, with the cavemen bringing down a bridge.

Status Rolls:
Akroma [2] – You don't manage to control your dark, metal bleeding, which seems to be strengthening the girl. {-1 to all damage rolls}
Boogerman [2] – You don't manage to control your bleeding, either! {-1 to all damage rolls}
Kashyyk(1)/Boksi (2)/Shadow (3-6) [1] – Kashyyk barely holds control over the Shadow's howl.

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Holding a shadow blade. Kashyyk holds control next round. In the canyon room.
Kashyyk: Merged. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall.
Jay Kayell: A scorpion. Very unlucky. Doomed. Knows some karate. In the first hall.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken bleeding nose. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. One with darkness. Metal-meshed. Bleeding dark metal.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the hall. Has Item Summoning. Has Artifact Knife.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. There is a dull Rubik's cube on the floor.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. The voice seems to be coming from there.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the other side of the gap, similar to what might be a caveman, all with sharp sticks preparing for war. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures emerging from the ice blocks also preparing for war.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings seems to be talking.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:45:37 pm by webadict »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 7 and Akroma vs. the Shadow Queen!
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:37 pm »

Teenage mutant karate scorpions! :P

I leap at a caveman and sting him!
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2008, 01:42:01 pm »

I tell Frelock to barricade the door while I begin questioning the painting on how to get out of this place safely.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2008, 01:42:37 pm »

HAHA oh no you don't

I reverse my heart beat, sucking blood in instead of pumping it out, sucking the little girl right back into my body.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2008, 01:44:32 pm »

I summon deaths scythe, and lop all the Shadow figures into little pieces!!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »

I go along with Dark and barricade the door, along with mentioning to the painting that if she doesn't give Dark the information, I will get revenge upon her for spitting on me (I have +1 to that!).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2008, 01:48:22 pm »

Hey, I didn't realize I could conjure up live creatures. Alright then, I'll pick up my Rubix Cube in my off-hand, and carefully wander into the Canyon Room, trying to learn more about Dewprism while I walk though the hall.

Heh, out of three objects, only one was shiny. Maybe the Light Side doesn't like me enough. I'm dying to know about the properties of Dewprism, but I said I'd go onto the next room last round.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2008, 01:50:28 pm »

Hey, I didn't realize I could conjure up live creatures. Alright then, I'll pick up my Rubix Cube in my off-hand, and carefully wander into the Canyon Room, trying to learn more about Dewprism while I walk though the hall.

Heh, out of three objects, only one was shiny. Maybe the Light Side doesn't like me enough. I'm dying to know about the properties of Dewprism, but I said I'd go onto the next room last round.

You can't, persay, you just failed at summoning a mechanical scorpion... Neh! And there are bars separating the canyon room and the first hallway. Only Jay Kayell would be able to make it, since he's a scorpion and fits between them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41