Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77523 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 5!
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2008, 05:52:51 pm »

Turn 5 Results:
I slide through the hole to the second room, and try not to fall on Dark or Frelock.
[2] – You jump through the hole only to realize too late that a spot of black has appeared right where you are landing! [6] You manage to maneuver yourself out of the resulting spikes way, but into the way of the floor [1] head-first. {-2 to damage} [5 – 2 – 1] Your face makes an awfully loud BAM as you hit the floor. You seem to have broken your nose. {Roll to stop}

Noo! Non-shiny Rubix Cubes just aren't distracting enough.

Afraid of the shadowy figure, and not yet sure of what happened to Boksi, I attempt to conjure a shiny new wakizashi for self-defense. No, a short sword will not work, because I can easily pronounce that.

If that is too large to get the bonus, I'll attempt to focus on learning how to conjure medium sized objects.

Edit - Changed alternative action
[6 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - You close your eyes and imagine a wakizashi. You shape the image in your mind and make it fit your hand perfectly, as well as light and strong. You hear a *POP* and open your eyes. Sitting on the ground before you is the most amazing piece of weaponsmithery you've ever seen! Unfortunately, it is a lot smaller than you thought it would be. When you pick up what appears to be a knife, it seems to glow a deep blue. {Artifact Knife: Unknown properties} {+1 to Item Summoning}

Alrighty then, through the door!  On to new and exciting adventures(and the voice)!
[1 + 1] – You laugh at your good luck, only mildly enjoying the fact that Dark is there, shouting behind you, “Have fun!” only to smash yourself in the face by running into the door. You become dazed {-1 to dodge, -1 to damage this turn}, only to notice a black spot to your right! [6 – 1] You manage to duck underneath it. The door is locked! [3 + 1] Luckily, your Swiss Army Hand seems to work on its own, unlocking the door fairly fast. You get the door open and go into the next room.

awesome

I try to merge these dark spots into my body, gaining a shadow spke ability
[5] – You get up and run straight for the wall, jumping over spikes and dodging others just barely. You smash your foot into one of the black holes [6 - 2] and you meld instantly into the darkness. You lose yourself temporarily, but you start to begin feeling limbs again. Cold metal seems to flow through your veins and darkness crawls under your skin. {Summon Shadow Spikes: Turns a portion of your skin into a dark spot, calling forth a giant metal spike} {Dark: +1 to dodge, +1 to damage in non-bright areas, -2 to dodge -2 to damage in bright areas} {Metal: +1 to damage} The spikes disappear, as well as the black spots that were forming.

I phase through the spikes to get to Frelock, following him through the door.

Run away from Akroma!
[4] – You watch the terrifying being that has now become Akroma and run for the door. You make it through into the other door and slam it shut. You yell at Frelock to lock it, [5 + 1] and he succeeds.

I'll try to go through the hallway, hacking down anything in my way.
[6] – You tear through the hallway happily swinging the giant sword. Not that it cuts anything, but you still find the thought that it MIGHT be killing something entertaining. You reach the door and smash it in with your fist.

I Inhabit the left arm of the merged body (I am a lefty), so that I will be in constant control of it.
This is what my spirit is doing, so I won't be trying to take control of the whole body.
[1] You try to inhabit the arm of the body, but you don't seem to, probably because you're still unconscious. Oh well. Maybe next time?

Good point, new action: I practice martial arts.
[6 - 1 – 1] – Despite your bad luck you manage to learn a few karate moves. This might come in handy if you ever have to fight another ghost or come back to life. {+1 to accuracy, +1 to dodge}

Challenges:
No challenges right now!

Status Rolls:
Boogerman [2] - You don't manage to control the bleeding! {-1 to damage}
Kashyyk [6 – 1] You regain consciousness!
Boksi (1, 2)/Kashyyk (3, 4)/Shadow figure (5, 6) [4] – Kashyyk has control next round!

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Holding a shadow blade. Kashyyk holds control next round. In the canyon room.
Kashyyk: Merged. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall.
Jay Kayell: A ghost. Very unlucky. Doomed. Knows some karate. In the first hall.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken bleeding nose. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. One with darkness. Metal-meshed.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the hall. Has Item Summoning. Has Artifact Knife.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. There is a dull Rubik's cube on the floor.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. The voice seems to be coming from there.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are people sitting around a fire on the other side of the gap, similar to what might be a caveman, all with sharp sticks. On the side nearest the entrance, there are blocks of ice entombing figures that can hardly be seen. The cavemen seem to be partying.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings seems to be talking.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:32:23 am by webadict »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2008, 06:06:12 pm »

Yay, a shiny, glowing artifact :D! I shall call it Dewprism, because I just found the "glow" tags.

I think I'll let Kashyyk set off any traps in the new room this turn, and attempt to create one more creation for now: a small (roughly the size of a kitten), shiny, clockwork scorpion. I imagine it being able to be wound up, and able to run/jump/pinch/slash with its tail. Perhaps a small cistern for holding enough of a poisonous substance for two applications via tail strike, starting with a temporary paralysis agent. All it should be able to do on its own is walk around in circles a bit ... perhaps it could be possessed by a player with no body who doesn't wish me dead?

Edit - Named the [ARTIFACT].
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:32:19 pm by Nirur Torir »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2008, 06:08:32 pm »

I'll be watching my surroundings very closely, so Kashyyk won't get any sort of nasty surprise.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2008, 08:14:04 pm »

No one has any idea how badly I wanted to write "skewered" on Akroma's actions... And for once, nothing bad happened to Jay!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2008, 08:23:16 pm »

Well, I'll talk to that painting, finding out useful information, and trying to get her to magically heal my arm (or turn it into a mechanical monstrosity).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2008, 09:44:03 pm »

I get up off the floor, move into the mirror hall, and break one of the mirrors to see whats behind it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 6 and Jay didn't fail!
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 01:26:47 am »

nah, scratch that, change of action completely.

I attempt to use my new dark metal blood to coat the walls witha  ever so slightly film of darkness. Enough to cover the walls, but not too much, so I don't bleed to death. There are no visible light sources, so the light has to come from the walls, logicaly.

In other words, I attempt to coat everything in complete and utter darkness (because that's what horror settings need)

I hereby declare this light vs. darkness RTD

pick your side soon
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:59:46 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2008, 02:13:49 am »

You can't, the door's locked.  :P
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2008, 08:10:31 am »

I help Frelock negotiate with the painting.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:55:48 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2008, 08:29:56 am »

btw, you have to clean the status list of status ailments that are over already
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2008, 08:42:29 am »

If Torir manages to build a mechanical scorpion I try to possess it.
If he doesn't, I try to get over to the cavemen (can ghosts fly?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:50:29 am by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2008, 08:50:19 am »

The mirrored hall is a dead end right? I just want to make sure there isn't a door.

That isnt an action.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:37:24 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2008, 09:33:01 am »

btw, you have to clean the status list of status ailments that are over already
Whoops, sorry. I was in a rush to get to my next class. I think I fixed it now.

nah, scratch that, change of action completely.

I attempt to use my new dark metal blood to coat the walls witha  ever so slightly film of darkness. Enough to cover the walls, but not too much, so I don't bleed to death. There are no visible light sources, so the light has to come from the walls, logicaly.

In other words, I attempt to coat everything in complete and utter darkness (because that's what horror settings need)

I hereby declare this light vs. darkness RTD

pick your side soon
See? Now I knew this was gonna happen... Well, have fun guys.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:27:30 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2008, 09:42:28 am »

The mirrored hall is a dead end right? I just want to make sure there isn't a door.

That isnt an action.
So far as anyone can tell, it goes on forever. No doors can be seen.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2008, 12:06:42 pm »

I walk down to the Cavemen, open armed and very friendly.
(@JK: I think you might be a bit to far away to remove your bad luck, Come closer!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:08:17 pm by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41