Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14623 times)

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2008, 08:07:53 pm »

Would it be okay if I bumped my turn down one or two spaces? I won't have regular computer access 'till on or about January 6th.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2008, 11:16:29 pm »

I may politely request an extension till Sunday evening, but we shall see - stupid finals week.

Would it be okay if I bumped my turn down one or two spaces? I won't have regular computer access 'till on or about January 6th.

Done and Done.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2008, 01:48:13 pm »

ok whats the deal with this, when shall I know if It should be my turn in advance XD

Sarasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2008, 03:50:20 pm »

Slept a bit late, I'll have it out this evening.

Sarasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2008, 10:49:40 pm »

...Gah. That is not acceptable.

Forgot to take intermittent saves and suffered a fatal program crash.

Despite my efforts, it appears I'm going to have to pass this round.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2008, 12:31:10 am »

ok, Decoy your turn.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2008, 04:04:45 am »

Ok can do.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2008, 09:02:07 am »

Ok, am I allowed to name a dwarf after me when I enter, or what. whats my perspective on the story?

Renamed a gem cutter to kaisar, he's the guy ill use for the perspective for my turn. Story incoming.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:10:38 am by d3c0y2 »

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

WARNING BECAUSE OF A SAVE BUG THIS IS ALTERNATE HISTORY

Diary of Kaisar. 13th of granite 242.

My bloody god. What have I got myself in for. as I entered the fort a wolf barely restrained growled at me, whilst the rest of society tried to stay alive on the surface, a surface were a moat has overgrown its welcome and is now wrapped its tendrils over the landscape. heading inside I found a locked door in the depths, with fighting, drinking and swearing coming from the other side. gingerly opening it I found a group of dwarves locked inside. They'd of starved if I hadnt of found them.

I stood on 4 cats just trying to get out of the way, and decided that was that. My first order?

a 3 by 3 pit, dug within minutes, atleast the labour is good. Within that pit I threw every animal I could find, well all except those brutes of wolves in the cages. I'll decide what to do with them later.

now that thats out of the way its time to build a utopia. I know I can do it. Sure a few dwarves may die to make it. But you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Write soon, Diary.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:18:17 pm by d3c0y2 »

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2008, 10:11:11 am »

25th of granite 242

Oh bloody hell, im trying to create a Utopia and more nobles turned up, seems the kings declared this area a barony, and on top of that as the guy arrived he demanded he was promoted to Count.

I'm working on getting his papers, I want to know everything about this guy, who he sleeps with, what he likes. I'll have it all known. but for the moment I'm finishing my other projects.

two projects, im going to bury those damn animals and then I wont have to listen to them again. Im preparing to collapse the roof into that pit.

I've also created a scaled pit, with the same crushing system,  not sure what ill use it for, but its good to have a crushing pit around.

14th of hemanite early summer 242

Well I almost died today, my god I saw my life flash before my eyes. I found some one armed miner laying in bed, no one even knows his name. he's got no friends but he's holding onto that pick, a pick that I could use to help mine the new rooms ive made for the nobles (gotta keep them happy, happy nobles are easily guided) I told a dwarf to drag one of the wolf cages up to his room, hook it up to the lever and then we'd have another pick to assign. however when I pulled the lever I found out something shocking, the idiots hadnt locked the bloody door. The damn beast chased me almost twice around the fortress before a soldier found him. He's smeared all around the fort now. I'll work out how to kill that dwarf later.

Also, I killed all the spare animals, buried under the sixteen tonnes of sand.

I'll give an update on the nobles townhouses later, there three story high houses build in the style of humans, built inside a four story high dwarf made cavern. I hope that keeps the inbeciles happy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:19:10 pm by d3c0y2 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2008, 08:53:20 pm »

It seems like it's been a while since the DFMA map was updated.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2008, 05:37:36 am »

almost finished my turn, and Ill update the map if you want.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2008, 11:36:19 am »

the following text is quickly scrawled and shows many signs of a rushed and scared writer. no date other than "midwinter" was given

my god, help. A skeletal dragon has come. We're all doomed, Doomed. I've rallied the army, and hopefully it'll be defeated. I've taken cover in my tomb and hope that some survive to keep the economy going. Bugger, I'm meant to be leading this utopia, I'll lead the forces into battle. I hope for the best.

My tomb is finished, the houses are done, and the moat extended, my ancestors and successors are honoured and I am ready to die, to arms champions of Bakedfools, We fight till death.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2008, 11:50:41 am »

to your highking

Osna Sweltersizzled the silvery pearl the skeletal dragon is dead, slain by the mighty hands of bakedfools in 242. Amongst the brave number was the leader of them at that time, Kaisar, after the battle no one knew what happened to kaisar, he probably went to live in the fortress as a citizen, all anyone knows is that his tomb is slept in by a old man, an old man respected by those of baked fools.

The slayer of the dragon was none other the captain of the guard, who still lives within bakedfools till this day.

242 is coming to a close, and in the tradition of bakedfools the dawn of a new leader awaits. to protect and rule the men and women of baked dwarves, and to honour those that came before him.

enclosed is the final report from kaisar, dated from late autumn, it seems it was lost during the seige of the great dragon, and was recovered only at the last minute. it is short, his mind was obviously wondering.

Yours, your royal servant.

late autumn 242, diary of kaisar.

my tomb is finished, and the new tombs for the workers are also. I dug up the bones of the
the animals I killed at the begining of the year, and started crafting them into addornments for our mighty warriors.

I'm afraid my files on the nobles were never procured, I trust my successor will find time to obtain them.

I never did find out were all the stone I ordered dumped ended up, but what you dont know cant hurt you, surely?

yours kaisar.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:55:43 am by d3c0y2 »

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:48 pm »

and heres the file for my successor goodluck.

also there was a little foodshortage so I turned all the farms underground to plumphelmet creation, you may want to turn that off/reel it in, or you may be up to your eyes in plump helmets soon.

Also, throughout the entire year I dumped alot of stone, yet never managed to work out were it was going, there may be an accidental quantum stockpile there, from someone elses dumpzone that was accidently not dezoned. you should look into that.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=723
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13