Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14622 times)

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:34 am »

yes my turn got skipped D: i did the year 242, and now your repeating it.

and heres the file for my successor goodluck.

also there was a little foodshortage so I turned all the farms underground to plumphelmet creation, you may want to turn that off/reel it in, or you may be up to your eyes in plump helmets soon.

Also, throughout the entire year I dumped alot of stone, yet never managed to work out were it was going, there may be an accidental quantum stockpile there, from someone elses dumpzone that was accidently not dezoned. you should look into that.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=723

I just redownloaded that to make sure i hadnt uploaded the wrong file, but that one was aat the end of my turn like I left it...

you did download that one yes?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:12:58 am by d3c0y2 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2008, 10:38:03 am »

I played the one you uploaded, yes.  I'm not sure what happened here.  There was a massive plump helmet farm and a dragon bone crown, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2008, 10:40:01 am »

can I sign up?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2008, 11:01:43 am »

Why yes.  Yes you can.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2008, 11:16:55 am »

Qloos we have a problem; I accidently made an alternate history.

Wait, hang on . . . Nope, no dead baron or dragon on the unit screen.  Yeah we have a problem.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2008, 11:25:11 am »

I build multi z level tombs and town houses, its kind of the thing I like to do... if you'd got my save you'd of known, also your yearwould be 243 :(

try redownloading the save!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2008, 11:27:09 am »

I build multi z level tombs and town houses, its kind of the thing I like to do... if you'd got my save you'd of known, also your yearwould be 243 :(

try redownloading the save!
Well, I did see a tomb above the one I made . . .  :-\
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2008, 11:30:35 am »

my tomb stretches across 6 z levels, with a rising pyramid in the middle, does yours, also the jewelcrafter should be named kaisar, if he isnt well you defintely downloaded something wrong

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:10 am »

Sorry dude.  I tried downloading again and got the same results.  It was the one you uploaded too.  Perhaps you uploaded the wrong file?
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2008, 11:37:18 am »

dont think so, cus I thought that and tried downloading the file, and got the fort I made.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2008, 11:43:15 am »

I think the problem may be on my end, since upgrading to vista dwarven fortress has given me hell.

I went into my dwarf fortress folder and deleted all my files then copied and pasted only the downloaded file in, but when I open dwarf fortress the saved files are exactly the same as I had before I deleted. its really giving me hell.

anyone else encountered this problem?

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2008, 11:53:46 am »

I think ive gotten to the bottom of it, basically my saved game folder was/is bugged so what im actually playing ingame isnt the same save as what is in the df folder, not realising this I uploaded what I assumed was the right folder, but actually it wasnt... I cannot for the life of me work out the reason why this happened, but I apologise, unfortunately, this means I cant get my hands on the actual save for my turn (cus I dont know were it is or even if it exists) so what I suggest is we pretend my turn never happened, and hopefully by the time my next turn comes along i'll have the problem fixed.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2008, 12:02:15 pm »

Okay.  Sorry about that dude.  How about you just put a note at the beginning of your write-ups calling them an alternate history, so we don't confuse people and you don't have to get rid of them?
Also, I changed my story a bit so that your dwarf is in it.  He is the legendary gemcutter, the closest thing I could find to what you said he was before.  Now you are the one telling me what's going on while I hide in my room, instead of ChaoticJosh.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:26:08 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2008, 09:06:30 pm »

Okay, here's most of the fall season.  The fps is still pretty low despite all the butchering I did.

Diary of LegoLord
20th Galena, 242
I’ve made plans to dig out more living quarters.  Hopefully no one will engrave these.  I hope the tax collector never decides to start charging for rooms – if he does, a lot of dwarves will get evicted.

22nd Galena
Kaiser tells me that the mayor has mandated the construction of two bismuth items.  Is that even physically possibly?

25th Galena
The masons are to begin producing blocks in massive quantities.  It has occurred to me that there is no proper vault to protect the valuable artifacts that Bakedfools has accumulated.  Therefore, I have begun planning the construction of a large vault built atop a thin, guarded, tower.

15th Limestone
A caravan from the mountain homes has arrived!  Just wonderful!  I absolutely wanted to be shut up in my room for another couple of months!

22nd Limestone
Trading occurred today.  A lot of steel goods were bought in exchange for some bolts.  Someone gave them a masterpiece iron goods as an offering to the king.  What a waste.  The steel crafts purchased are to be melted down to be used in armor and weapons.

4th Sandstone
The Tower is nearing completion.  It shall be called the Tilted Tower of Artifacts.  It shall hold our most valuable prizes, such as the bauxite idol and the copper amulet that metalcrafter made.

11th Timber
The Tilted Tower of Artifacts is nearly complete.  My--er, I mean, the fort's--artifacts are now safe.  The scaffolding has been removed, the artifacts are inside, the traps are set, and it has been coated in the vomit of the sun-sick emo-kid dwarves.  All it needs now is a little goblin blood to dedicate it to Armok.

Finished.

I should have the winter season up sometime this week.  But not tonight.
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2008, 09:13:12 am »

fixed my problem, so im ready for my turn... turnsa out on vista df saves into appdata with the saves. Also managed to get hold of the save, but to late now XD
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13