Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294289 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1035 on: January 21, 2012, 03:48:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I always enjoyed that one.
It is as though it is a statement to our wealth, and it has a fitting name.
also once I got a silver war hammer.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:51:31 am by Edmus »

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 02, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »

I just got a coffin made from Forgotten Beast Bone, studded with steel, encircled with bands of giant capybara bone and steel, menaces with spikes of giant capybara bone and pigtail fiber. On the item is a picture of a hidden moon in forgotten beast bone.

The name is Emal Ngilok The Sense of Evisceration.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »

A leather skirt studded with iron spikes and with bands of leather.

kinky.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 03, 2012, 03:11:25 pm »

First I got Mireruled a grizzly bone table. The next artifact: Umomlunrud, The Dark Dinimishent. A grizzly bear bed.

There is also Worthlessromanced. Candy chain leggings. Poor guy. Nobody wants him out of his pants.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 03, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »

My mechanic decided to make an artifact Rock Mechanism early on, which is kinda funny.  Useful in that he's a legendary Mechanic now!

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 05, 2012, 04:20:14 am »

Maybe not the most useful, but the thematics of this artifact that I just got are nice. Made by a possessed child, value 145200.

Not only are the gods tickled by my goblin-stabbing, but their names are quite fitting too - the deity of gems cheering on Soundgems (a Talented axedwarfette) while she squashes the stealing of Stolensquashed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:25:16 am by C27 »
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 05, 2012, 04:52:48 am »

Must have been a red tourmaline chain a couple of forts ago, ~60 k Dorf$ worth. Every subsequent artifact in that fort had an image of it, and so did most engravings.
My self-named dorf (also broker/manager/bookkeeper) got a really fancy War Dog restraint in his bedroom.

Another useful one was a marble Bed, although it sounded a bit uncomfortable, what with all those spikes of marble and iron...

In the "less pricey but thematically awesome" department, there was the turkey bone armosr stand with the image of the Dwarven version of Grim Reaper, striking a triumphant pose. Gave that my jerkass Mayor to remind him what becomes of nobles that keep mandating figurines and other "randomly drops" type items... "Memento mori" and all that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:24:50 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 05, 2012, 06:54:59 am »

an adamantine whip. gave it to a dorf and he now kills everything.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 05, 2012, 07:56:05 pm »

platinum maul. the moment it hits a lil goblin it's like a small meteor strike
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 05, 2012, 08:22:42 pm »

Elf bone helmet depicting my militia commander cutting down his first kill, the elf the bone belonged to.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56:01 pm »

Elf bone helmet depicting my militia commander cutting down his first kill, the elf the bone belonged to.

nice.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1046 on: February 05, 2012, 11:56:53 pm »

I got a real bore of an armor stand today: gabbro studded with gabbro.  Still the awesome part is my military will be very happy while training in the barracks.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 06, 2012, 12:38:11 am »

I had a steel shortsword artifact, nothing particularly interesting except for the image of the dwarf stabbing the dwarf, strange as in the history of my fort, a dwarf hadn't stabbed another dwarf yet. The sword was given to the militia captain, just as a dwarf went beserk, The dwarf was killed by that sword. (Insert twilight zone music) The creepy thing was it had "Prohetic"or something like that in its name. O_O
Indeed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1048 on: February 06, 2012, 04:43:43 pm »

I had a steel shortsword artifact, nothing particularly interesting except for the image of the dwarf stabbing the dwarf, strange as in the history of my fort, a dwarf hadn't stabbed another dwarf yet. The sword was given to the militia captain, just as a dwarf went beserk, The dwarf was killed by that sword. (Insert twilight zone music) The creepy thing was it had "Prohetic"or something like that in its name. O_O

:O :O :O

Anti-Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:52 pm »

this is the only usefull atrifact I ever had:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I only got because I had no other metals at the time aside from an ton of gold.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89