Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294455 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1020 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »

well i got an adamantine mace, with diamond, cobaltite spikes and studded with adamantine. it's about 1,300,000 dwarf money, but its still just a cardboard mace but it still looks nice.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:53 pm »

I recently got a leather skirt with studded gold and pictures of elves on it... wtf!!!

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 18, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »

By an epic stroke of luck, I've just gotten an artifact platinum warhammer. No savescumming involved at all, I was too busy building the perimeter walls at the time to even pay attention to the weaponsmith's strange mood. Perhaps it was a reward for playing nice, for when I tried to savescum a weaponsmith mood before in various forts (three times or so) the best I've gotten before I got bored was a steel maul.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 18, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »

I never get good artifacts.... It's all alder amulets and glass whatevers. And it is ALWAYS a possession.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:54 pm »

I recently got a leather skirt with studded gold and pictures of elves on it... wtf!!!
Maybe you misread, and it's a leather skirt with studded gold and pictures of Elvis on it.

I would wear that.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 19, 2012, 12:44:42 am »

Jaxler have you ever tried that mace on your justice givers, maybe its so nice that being hit actually raise the moral!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 19, 2012, 12:48:32 am »

Dotbeards the Mindful Tornado. It was an artifact red steel mace that menaced with spikes and had some cool shit on it. It unfortunately was lost when my comp had that nasty virus.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 19, 2012, 12:51:42 am »

"Delltoned" a dog bone pick

Was this made in a craftsdwarf workshop?
It would be interesting to have a game run through a (ableit save-scummy) process where you "advance technologically" by having an artifact open up the way for you. Has anyone posted an artifact anvil made of a non-metal, or made outside of a forge yet? Because that'd be one of the big hurdles that if it couldn't be cleared, would prevent this idea from happening.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 19, 2012, 08:04:11 am »

all I get in my current fort is toys
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 19, 2012, 10:32:34 am »

"Delltoned" a dog bone pick

Was this made in a craftsdwarf workshop?
It would be interesting to have a game run through a (ableit save-scummy) process where you "advance technologically" by having an artifact open up the way for you. Has anyone posted an artifact anvil made of a non-metal, or made outside of a forge yet? Because that'd be one of the big hurdles that if it couldn't be cleared, would prevent this idea from happening.

I dont actually remember exactly, it may, or it may not.
it would be cool having a world where the anvil explanation happened though.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 19, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »

Jaxler have you ever tried that mace on your justice givers, maybe its so nice that being hit actually raise the moral!

why that sounds great, i'll give urist mcserif it

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 19, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »

He never asked for this...
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 19, 2012, 06:38:55 pm »

He never asked for this...

well my legendary weapon smith didn't ask to be smeared across the walls.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 21, 2012, 03:03:01 am »

A bituminious coal ring, named by the creator. It's encircled with bands of bituminious coal and dog bone. This object menances with spikes of rope reed fiber.

Jimmy T. Malice

• Bay Watcher
  • The severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 21, 2012, 03:37:35 am »

Probably my first artifact, a dolomite statue studded with dolomite. Or my most recent one:
"Conflictdrive, a magnetite ring"

"This is a magnetite ring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with saguaro rib wood and encircled with bands of gneiss. This object is adorned with hanging rings of magnetite and menaces with spikes of ash, llama wool and brown jasper. On the item is an image of Conflictdrive the magnetite ring in iron."
That's right, it has an image of itself on it.
Urist McDorf cancels Pull lever: not that bloody stupid
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89