Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294160 times)

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1170 on: January 06, 2013, 06:39:51 pm »

This is my best artifact ever because it is one of my best achievements that break all kinds of sense. Like wood-only beds. It's worth 33600 Dwarf Simoleons.
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 06, 2013, 07:36:53 pm »

Glass, metal, bone and gem moods can create a wide variety of items that aren't possible otherwise, like metal beds, glass buckets, horse bone thrones and ruby floodgates. Good stuff.

My favourite was a simple wooden door. Used it as bait for a forgotten beast poking automaton (upright spikes linked to a dwarf-operated lever).

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:36 pm »

Glass, metal, bone and gem moods can create a wide variety of items that aren't possible otherwise, like metal beds, glass buckets, horse bone thrones and ruby floodgates. Good stuff.

My favourite was a simple wooden door. Used it as bait for a forgotten beast poking automaton (upright spikes linked to a dwarf-operated lever).
Ha! I bet that was good stuff too! I don't think I am going to doubt the power of the simple mason/carpenter moods ever again! (Maybe save the craftsdwarfshops. . .)
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 07, 2013, 02:26:59 pm »

Current fort has a mechanism, a leather shield, bone crossbow, steel sword and steel warhammer to name a few. The leather shield and bone crossbow went to the marksdwarf leader, sword and hammer went to those squad leaders, the mechanism is built into a lever in a heavily trafficked area, and the rest sit in a quantum stockpile...

Plasson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:40 pm »

Currently have a Hematite mechanism, worth a staggering 92400 simoleons.  I've had more expensive items,  but they usually contained candy.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »

Tetrahedrite throne decorated with tetrahedrite and with hanging rings of tetrahedrite. You like tetrahedrite, don't you, mr. moody crafter?
There was also a stone short sword, but shortly after that my fortress was overrun by 2 hordes of zombies, so I don't really remember.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 13, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

The Unremarkable Nightmare.

A crossbow made of Dwarf bone, menacing with spikes of Dwarf bone. Engraved upon it in silver was images of the massive berserk killing sprees that rocked that fort as it collapsed in a tantrum spiral.

Kind of a dark development, but hey, this is DF.

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 14, 2013, 01:28:13 pm »

I was getting prepared to start forging some adamantine battle axes, but unfortunately I had no legendary weaponsmiths yet, and didn't want to waste adamantine on anything but the highest craftsmanship.

Fortunately, a dorf was kind enough to have a mood, and build me The Frigid Toes, a adamantine battle axe. worth 1,640,400 dorfbucks.
-Toast-_

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 14, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »

Ungeg Inketh 'The Failure of Justices" a Willow Statue

This is a Willow Statue All craftswarfship is of the highest quality
It is decorated with a turtle shell and encircled with bands of Willow and turtle bone
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a elf in Kaolinite The dwarf is embracing the elf.

I'll upload a screen shot later.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 16, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if it's the best or worst artifact ever... Also iridium (rare metal) and chitinplate are extra materials included in Masterwork mod.
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:35 pm »

One of my dorfs has just made a figurine of his dead wife in her armour :(
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 29, 2013, 04:28:41 pm »

I suppose my adamantine buckler is the best I got...  :'(
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 29, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »

Best I've gotten was a Platinum Warhammer, with pictures of itself, and the creation of itself

Caused goblin parts to fly away in arcs

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 29, 2013, 04:33:37 pm »

Best I've gotten was a Platinum Warhammer, with pictures of itself, and the creation of itself

Caused goblin parts to fly away in arcs

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 29, 2013, 11:20:02 pm »

I can't remember the name of it, but I once had a child enter a fell mood, murder his own mother, and turn her into a buckler. 

He came of age shortly thereafter, and was promptly recruited into the militia to be the wielder of his own dark creation.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89