Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404206 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2008, 02:52:11 pm »

And 3 will cause my eyes to glow, which is incredibly annoying, and I'll probably just be able to see in ultraviolet >_>

Am I right?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2008, 02:55:51 pm »

I aim at the most badass looking elf, and heal him. It seems that his body has serious hormonal imbalance and only I can fix it. So I modify his constitution somewhat. He need no fancy hormones, for a warrior only testosterone, adrenalin and growth hormone will do just fine. Let's also fix his clearly atrophic muscles. He will most certainly need some fresh proteins to sustain his developing body... perhaps his collegues will do. I fix his nails and teeth to help him obtain some food. If everything goes right, we will have one less elf, one more rabid monster craving for any flesh it can devour. In the middle of elven army. Someone called for a doctor?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2008, 03:01:57 pm »

Using my limited hand gestures, I convince the humans and dwarves that I come in peace.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 13, 2008, 03:54:36 am »

The aforementioned things were the things from my last post I wanted the god to do (but I don't think that would have made much difference.)

Your post led me to believe that I can persuade gods to do things. So is this the case?

If it is, I persuade the god of peace to lead me to the keys.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 13, 2008, 04:35:58 am »

Alright, only LASD and Kashyyk left.

You know, I have a BIIIG desire to scrap the entire turn I just made (without these two). Reason? I'm at work, and I just tried using one of the other dice I have, namely a rather worn green piece of cheap plastic. I should have known better than to trust something green, this thing sided with the elves! It simply HATES everyone in this game, except one player. Want some statistics? So far, I made 12 rolls for this turn (yes, 12 for 8 players). Of them, there were two rolls of [4], quite interestingly both for the same player. The other ten were equally distributed between [1]s and [2]s. If I said Rooster was in a bad position before, Frelock ended up virtually screwed (a [2] and three [1]s), unless he runs like hell and gets a 5 on it. At least his robes are still intact. :| He was the worst off by far, the others just got the assorted fails and small penalties to go with them. All in all, this entire turn has been a very big failure, even statistically, so unless you people are OK with a greater challenge, I'd like to retcon the thing with some other die piece.

LASD: I can safely say that won't work ("Keys? What keys?") since the gods are only omniscient in their own domain, and to them the object in question is not special in any way.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 13, 2008, 04:42:29 am »

well, it can't be too bad for me . still, a new roll would be nice but then  should we roll again every time we get unlucky?
ard to say what is best to do.

can we bring other players back to life? there is permadeath meaning that there are no ghosts, but a resurrection spell should still work...

try rolling many times with taht dice. if it keeps rolling 1 and 2 then maybe there is something wrong in that dice, and you should make the turn again (with another dice)

but if rolls are normal, we just were unlucky and we should keep the roll

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:28 am »

Hm, I dunno. Are 20 rolls sufficient for testing? I just made 20 random rolls, 10 were [2], 2 were [1], four [6], four [5]. I don't like the pattern it makes, too polar, so something must've gone bad with the die itself. It looks worn around the edges, but it's not squashed or cracked anywhere, so I don't know what it could be.

O_O This can't be...
[size=8]GAAAAAAAHHH!![/size]
THIS FREAKIN' DIE PIECE HAS A MISSING SPOT ON THE [3]!!! RIGHT INBETWEEN!!!
So no wonder I've been swamped by two's. Some of them were actually 3's, but for some reason the middle spot on the [3] is gone. That doesn't explain why there were so many 1's the first time (I guess it's just bad luck), but it does make the turn illegitimate, so I'll reroll. Consider yourself lucky, people. ;D

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2008, 04:56:07 am »

always keep a good dice with you... and remember: never use green dices!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:46 am »

The singular is "die" and the plural is "dice". And I always keep at least a single d6 with me, just in case I need to decide on something important.

Also, andrea, revise your action. "healing with concentration" is the same as just healing, because TK healing requires concentration, and you don't have any "concentration" ability. Go to the keep or practice power-attacking, I dunno.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2008, 05:05:03 am »

that for the die/dice thing. i can never remember that.

oh, my action is just "i heal myself".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2008, 05:56:35 am »

On turn 17 it was "I heal myself", on this turn you said "i heal my wounds, trying to concentrate more", but that's a tad repetitive, since the action is the same, and you don't have any ability that would grant a cocentration bonus.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2008, 06:13:38 am »

i know. i said that only because i oculdn't focus enough last turn. so, am i allowed to repeat the action?
if not, i'll just run to the keep

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 13, 2008, 06:24:01 am »

Since youre going to reroll, was I the person who got two 4s?
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2008, 06:28:17 am »

No, it was Boksi with his super-vision. Frelock was down on the ground, with a broken ribcage, and a half dozen angry elves around him. It's a tad better now. :)

And no, repetition is severely discouraged in RTD.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2008, 06:36:57 am »

And no, repetition is severely discouraged in RTD.

This doesn't apply to combat, does it? It would be rather annoying to figure out a dozen different ways to say, "I attack the elf".
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 409