Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404116 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 177! In which the team finds another transport...
« Reply #5940 on: September 01, 2010, 12:48:01 pm »

Wow I can't believe this has been going for 2 years. That's amazing! I didn't believe it because I remembered posting in the mid-twenties, and that seems like a long time ago... I guess I've been on this forum for awhile! I love that this is still going! Good on you folks!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 177! In which the team finds another transport...
« Reply #5941 on: September 01, 2010, 04:33:25 pm »

Man, if this has been going on for a full two years, that means I've been on bay12 for about 3.  Now I just feel like an old fart.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: September 01, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

Frelock: Your register date is "February 28, 2008, 11:01:01 pm"

Which doesn't have to say a lot, if you were a lurker for awhile before then.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: September 01, 2010, 05:16:07 pm »

Yea, and now I'm a lurker who just posts in forum games   :-\  I really should get over to the actual DF sections more...

Razordw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: September 01, 2010, 05:35:37 pm »

Laf, your not the only one Frelock, heck in fact I've gone to pretty much watching this RTD exclusively as I know I would burn to much time watching others as well (though would love to participate in one).

Amazing that this has been going for 2 years now. Just doesn't seem like it's been that long, I started reading around midway into the Dwarf Fortress world only because the topic had a decent number of posts and I was curious to see what was going on. Glad I did as Sean here has done a wonderful job and you guys have kept everything quite interesting to say the least destroying half the world around you in the pursuit of the key.

Course this world has held the most interesting of things as it seems the risk of dieing has finally coming about. Have to wonder what the next world will have in store if they survive this one though.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: September 02, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »

Yeah, I really really hope we'll get to see at least half of the worlds I've selected for this campaign. We're not even up to a full third yet. With what the team is becoming, I foresee something incredibly epic happening in some of the worlds. This world turned out to be too much of a sandbox, in both meanings of the word. I just wanted the team to prepare for the face-off against the horde of battlemechs, but we got a little bogged down instead. I hope we won't get too many new distractions once this segment is over and we are finally underway. Just people, PLEASE, DON'T BREAK THE HOVERCRAFT WHEN IT ARRIVES!!! Seriously. It's as if you emit eight hundred millidooms per second. Any vehicle in working condition you encounter is doomed to suffer an abrupt end. Even Korora isn't immune, and he's not even a vehicle anymore!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: September 02, 2010, 04:26:43 pm »

We'll try Sean. And you never answered my question...
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: September 02, 2010, 04:39:32 pm »

I thought that was just an if/then query. No, you won't be able to acquire telekinesis in this world. A bit of telepathy or mysticism is just about the limit of this world's supernatural flexibility. It's Battletech. No magic here. You can try it back in the cube though.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: September 02, 2010, 08:30:47 pm »

It's as if you emit eight hundred millidooms per second.

Come now, with our level of destruction, I'd estimate it's at least 6 kilodooms per second.  25 on a bad turn.

Yet another meaning for DPS: dooms per second

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13:42 pm »

It's a really flexible term isn't it?   ;)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: September 03, 2010, 04:00:48 pm »

It's hard to believe that it's been two years. I'm glad I managed to get in when I did, because this is the awesomest forum game in the history of forums.

And as my action I shall loot the armor from dead clanner elemental #3 and put it on, taking a few moments to figure out how to use it.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: September 04, 2010, 04:53:59 am »

Cool! Pictures! Cool! Two-year anniversary! Cool! Fate point I forgot about!

Now to come up with a cool action. I guess I'll default to helping others.

I help Jay Kayell with the armor and shape it with my tools to make it suit him better.

Ooh, we're nearing 100 000 views.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: September 04, 2010, 06:02:04 am »

And 6000 posts, too. Alas, we've long since fallen behind the other threads. Nevertheless, still the largest RTD. And longest. On the whole damn internet. ;D

Alrightey, I shall give Boksi and Kashyyk some 20ish more hours, and do the turn without 'em.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:08 am »

I suggest you people just walk. you are just too dangerous to use a vehicle. Even without me causing explosions everywhere.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5954 on: September 04, 2010, 09:41:53 am »

This RTD, once complete, should be posted everywhere on the internet. Hopefully it will act as inspiration for countless others...
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 409