Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404111 times)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 175! Red heat, green heat.
« Reply #5925 on: August 23, 2010, 06:18:19 am »

I think that could still probably be considered a writer's block.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Sir Speshkitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: August 23, 2010, 11:00:06 am »

... ePSXe, PCSX2, Kega Fusion, DeSmuME, Project64, VBA, ZSnes, FCE Ultra, and 40-something gigabytes of ROMs.

...Do want.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:44 pm »

------------      
Turn 177      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
   His missile supply exhausted, the Elemental hits an internal switch that causes the empty racks to fall off his shoulders. With his newly gained mobility, he jumps at Korora, accelerating in midair! But the mecha samurai was prepared. Swiftly sheathing his massive blade, Korora met the flying battle armor with an outstretched hand, dampening the impact that still nearly knocked him off his feet. Seeing his tackle attempt fail, the Elemental reaches out with his armor-rending battle claw, aiming for Korora's face! But even as the clanner's titanium grip leaves deep marks across his shiny mug, Korora does not flinch.   

"Two can play this game."   

With the Ashcraver on his back, Korora still has a free hand. He pushes the clanner away from himself until the claw no longer grips his face, and clenches his left hand into a fist, raising it above the Elemental's head. "See? Mine's bigger!" The clanner's cry of pain when Korora pummeled him into the ground could be heard even through the armor. But even then, being pinned to the ground by the robot's hand, he did not yield. Thrashing, punching and kicking at random, the clan warrior tried to break free. In desperation, he activated his armor's jumpjets which nearly tore him away from Korora's grasp, but luck was still not on his side. Leaping at him with the speed of a panther, vibroblade in hand, Janna Ryjova slashed across his back, cleaving the jumpjet array in twain! When even that did not subdue the Elemental, Jay Kayell stepped in. Calmly aiming his laser pistol at the clanner's head, he shot him right into the faceplate, holding the beam until it seared the clanner's face and eyes, causing him to collapse from shock. "All there is to it."   

Elsewhere, Neo and Rooster joined forces with Kashyyk in an attempt to finally locate the elusive clanner pilot. Rooster took to the skies again, where Boksi's giant bat already seemed to be doing the same thing. The four of them spread out, trying to cover as much of the desert space in front of them as possible. After some time of fruitless search, Kashyyk felt his rage ebbing away, and stopped. Suddenly, an idea appeared in his cleared mind! What if he could use his ally locator to hunt for enemies instead? A minute of concentrated thought later, Kashyyk could look upon the desert around him in a new light. Overlaid with a reddish hue, his vision lit up the dull landscape with tiny red specks. Most of them were many thousand miles away, some even further than that. But one shape was much, much closer. Quickly running up to what looked like an odd patch of ground, Kashyyk reached down and tore away the layer of red desert camouflage fabric that obscured the huddled body of the clanner pilot from the eyes of Kashyyk's teammates flying overhead. Upon being discovered, the clanner immediately leaps up, and assumes a fighting stance. Armed with only a whip, he is nevertheless determined to fight to the end.   

Tired of watching Frelock, Zako, and Boksi fail at various practices, Qwer'Ty decides to put himself to use. Contrary to his better judgement, however, he decides to use his body rather than his mind. The Fusion Engine sitting in the middle of the camp could turn out to be a potential danger, overheated as it is. Something better be done about it sooner rather than later. Looking around, Qwer'Ty sets his eyes on a large piece of machinery - a Clan Heatsink, easily several hundred kilograms of solid steel. Figuring that asking for help is no use at the moment, he puts his hands onto the warm metal surface of the 'sink, and begins to push. Time passes. For a physically weak, but extremely determined Dolean, several minutes of pushing a half-ton hunk of heatsink turn out to be quite an exhilarating experience. Finally, the thing is in place, separated from the overheating Fusion Engine only by a fet feet of air. But there is still work to be done. Pushing himself to limits of what he thought was physically impossible, Qwer'Ty finds a set of tubes and wires among the remains of the disassembled Ebon Jaguar, and hooks the Heatsink up to the Engine. With a shaking hand, he reaches for the power switch for the 'sink, and flips it. A monotonous low-pitches hum fills the air as the sink begins pumping cooling liquid through the tubes, venting excess heat back into the atmosphere. With the potential catastrophe averted, Qwer'Ty collapses to the ground, positively unable to stand.   

In the meantime, LASD probed the surroundings with his mind, using the Rad-Man to locate a mode of transport that his team could use. Nothing could be found for miles around, which was no surprise given the team's history of "dealing" with all available vehicles. Far to the north, the Rad-Man finally detected a faint signal. Boosting it, and using an active scan to make sure, LASD is able to determine the nature of the signal. A small transport hovercraft, moving southeastward at a decent speed. Deciding to try a gambit, LASD opens a communications channel to the craft.   

"Can- can you hear me? This is, uh, an Elemental point commander speaking." He pauses, focusing his thoughts, and delivers the rest of the message as persuasively as possible. "We're engaged by vastly superior forces of unknown origin, require immediate evacuation!"   

The man on the other end of the comms line seems to take some time thinking over his answer. Finally, he replied, his voice distorted by the Rad-Man's powerful radar emissions.   

"I read you, Point Commander. I'm altering course to perform a combat pickup at your position. Hold out until I get there. Transport out."   

That went even better than LASD hoped. The clanner bought it, he sounded completely persuaded. Except he didn't even ask for his name... Something felt wrong about the way the pilot of the hovercraft agreed to do a pickup, but "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" still held true even in this universe. Whatever troubled him could be resolved when the hovercraft gets here, which, by Rad-Man's estimate, would be around two hours, tops. Enough time to make plenty of preparations.   

------------      
Background:   [4] Far, far away, many thousand miles away, Kashyyk can see a lot of red glow. That must be where the clan Smoke Jaguar base is located. LASD feels that though distorted, the hovercraft pilot's voice was slightly familiar. Seeing Kashyyk unhide the clanner, Neo, Rooster, and the bat all head to his location.   
------------      
Environment:   Noon. Thin clouds partially obscure the sun. The wind is faint and cool.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fire Moth (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Minor pain. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use).   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Face slightly scraped. (Strengthened Structure destroyed on left torso side)   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), 2x Ultra AC/2 Autocannon, 2x LRM-10 rack.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Skin severely broken up.   
State:   Standing. Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:58:27 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: August 31, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »

Quote from: Kashyyk
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Rooster
   Over the field.   
State:   Flying, Fine.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   In the remains of the Hauler.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
State:   Standing.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Near the Fire Moth.   
State:   Standing. Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Heavy laser pistol (right hand), Backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   No injuries.   
State:   Standing, In mild pain.   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Hastily bandaged gash on the back of the head. Minor bleeding.   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   On the ground, Exhausted (-2 physical actions, failguard)   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Flying above the field.   
State:   Flying, fine.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Standing, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (back), Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, broken nose, some missing teeth.   
Equipment:   Shorts, Whip(right hand)   

Quote from: Clanner Mech 1
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clanner Mech 2
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clan Ebon Jaguar Mech
Health:   Mostly disassembled. Irrepairable.   

Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Dead, neatly cloven into two.   
State:   Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 2
Health:   Face burned, eyes burned.   
State:   On the ground, unconscious, blind (-2 accuracy, -2 dodge)   
Equipment:   Claw, Small Pulse Laser(destroyed), Jump Jets(destroyed).   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 3
Health:   Dead.   
State:   On the ground, Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
========================================
Multiworld Madness: Now Illustrated!

Some clarifications. Kashyyk, your ALOU already highlighted allies in green. Enemies will be in red. However, you lost the ALOU for now - result of a 4. The ALOU override doesn't work on the ELOU. Zako, Frelock, and Boksi all failed their actions, though Zako got a complementary 2% on improved regen control for his effort. :)

Also, I want to remind you that you all have a spare fate point. You were given one on the game's anniversary. Don't forget about it.

Also also, I want to note that the entirety of the above turn, including the pictures, was done today. So, it doesn't really take me that long, I just can't overcome some sort of barrier sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:07:39 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile

Can I use my fate point to gran myself improvable telekinetic abilities or will that need to wait for a different universe. If I can do that here, then that is my action. If not then I practice my focus, and get ready for combat.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Sweet, I forgot about that! Thanks Sean!

Activate my fate point. I gain extreme control over my regeneration.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Fly over towards Kashyyk and attempt Mental Control of the pilot.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, well done with the pictures.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

A hundred and seventy seven turns and only one guy has died.
From PLOT.
I don't know where I'm going with this, but I want to express my displeasure at the absence of PC death.

WHY CAN'T YOU ALL BE INCOMPETENT LIKE THE REST OF THE FORUM?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

>Rest.
>Contemplate events so far.
>Conclude that despite all of the troubles, it is rather exciting.
</pointless text>
<actual action>
<!-- Realistically, simply resting would be the likely action, but as this is still a game, it would be better to do something -->

>Enjoy the ground, and ponder the uses of an easily overheated fusion engine that do not require any unavailable materials.
Eh?
Eh!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 177! In which the team finds another transport...
« Reply #5935 on: September 01, 2010, 12:40:52 am »

Btw, speaking of anniversaries - today was the second one. Or will be, in some nine-and-a-half hours. Don't expect another fatepoint, but I think we should still celebrate - even if we didn't get far in the meantime.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 177! In which the team finds another transport...
« Reply #5936 on: September 01, 2010, 12:53:29 am »

wait was andrea ever changed to 'dead' or is he still doing that 'is he or isn't he' thing?

If he is dead then we have had only two casualties in two years.

And that is too low.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:17:39 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: September 01, 2010, 01:40:17 am »

He's a "he". :)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: September 01, 2010, 02:35:30 am »

The only possible way to interpret that post is to take "he's" to meant that they are currently alive, as nobody ever abbreviates 'he was'...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: September 01, 2010, 03:39:53 am »

Or you could say that I meant him as a forumsperson. I ain't gonna tell you whether or not he's sitting in a jacuzzi with some hot clanner girls unless you find him.

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 409