Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141731 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 25
« Reply #1320 on: January 12, 2009, 08:35:43 am »

I concentrate very hard and try to bring my alchemic mutations under complete conscious control.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:22 am »

I use alchemy to help Frelock make a better sword for himself.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 12, 2009, 10:40:14 am »

I practice fighting with my claws. Also, I go somewhere if Mulch wants me to.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 12, 2009, 03:31:34 pm »

I'm curious, can I use the alchemy staff's ability as a free action, or do I need to use my primary action to use it?
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 12, 2009, 04:50:57 pm »

You need to use it as your primary action, Golgath.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 12, 2009, 05:13:52 pm »

You need to use it as your primary action, Golgath.

Alright, thanks for letting me know.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 13, 2009, 09:56:45 pm »

I'd have this done earlier but I was busy reading My Immortal.

Turn 26

Anyway, I channel the air powers into me. So I basically practise air control with help from the ring.
5. You gain air manipulation powers.
Your ring turns green and gives you plant manipulation powers.

I search the arena for exits to areas we haven't found yet, now that the mimic got taken down.
3. You walk back into the arena and discover nothing but the closed door. You open it and find a hallway leading to the computer room.

Take lawyer's armour, then use action to open closed door.
Since it already got opened, you'll put the armor on.
5. You take the chainmail of one of the goblin elite lawyers and put it on (+1 defense against piercing and slashing).

Using my fearsome dabbling weaponsmith skills, I carve a table leg (or piece of the podium that's probably in the assembly room, or a chunk of ceiling, or something in another room that I move to using my free action...there's got to be something) into a wooden prosthetic arm with a claw (a claw that's big and made more for gripping things than pinching or stabbing people) on the end and spikes on the sides.
5. You take a chunk of the wood from the mimic and create a prosthetic arm with spikes, though not too many to inhibit functionality (+1 to unarmed damage). You look from your "scalpel" to where the young monk's arm is and grin.

Might as well stock up,I proceed to rob Lawyer A of his soul as well.
You know,something bad might happen,but I'd like to check what is behind that closed door in the arena.
Since the door has already been opened, you'll go to the secret passage.
6. You walk over to Goblin Lawyer A's body and send out some bolts of soul-stealing darkness-looking stuff, coaxing his soul out of his body. A bolt misfires and hits his hammer, enchanting it with soul-stealing magic. You wonder how you pulled off enchanting something without any powers, but decide that it doesn't matter. You pick up the hammer (+1 damage, -1 dodge for a turn after attacking with it, rolls for soul-stealing if someone with soul-stealing makes a kill with it) and walk into the secret passage, eying the remaining door with interest.

I'll clear the debris off to the side.(guess how?)
3. You clear some of the debris in the auditorium and gain a little experience from it.

I'll make a new sword (unless someone with more experience would want to help me out?).
I use alchemy to help Frelock make a better sword for himself.
I just realized that Frelock should be a weaponsmith from making the softwood razor sword, so I'll add that to the statuses.
Frelock: 2
Poltifar: 1
Neither of you can find anything to make the sword out of except Goblin Elite Lawyer B's platemail, which you don't want to touch since it's covered in blood from when Shadowdump jammed his hand in. Poltifar decides to examine Frelock's old sword and bends over too much (totally not dirty), falling on it, breaking the sword, (damage=2) and cutting himself (medium bleeding).

Ok, I take on the suit and examines it's powers.
6. You put on the suit and discard your toga, instantly realizing all of Ongongngukak's powers. It doesn't just look nice, it's magically enchanted to look nicer and to make people think it and its wearer looks nicer, giving you +3 charisma. It's also completely immune to being stained, but also attempts to prevent situations where it could be stained, giving you +1 to all bleeding survival rolls. Finally, it's made to address large audiences, and since it's made by goblins it's made to address them in many different ways, allowing you powers to affect two more targets and allowing you to attack two different enemies in a turn when dual wielding.

Since everyone is done maiming themselves (Right?) I'll practice my sneaking a bit more.
5. You practice sneaking some more, and you can now sneak with only shadows to hide in. Combined with your chameleon skin, this can make you nearly invisible when you want to be.

Let see go heal one need healing most which be Armok(since want heal some legs :P ) or if when gets to my roll and his legs are completely heal then I heal some one else instead.
2+1. You run into the auditorium and completely heal Sean of his brain damage.

I concentrate very hard and try to bring my alchemic mutations under complete conscious control.
5-1=4. You now can choose to mutate as a free action, and will not mutate every turn. You still need to roll for it.

3da. I look for stairs. If stairs already found, I go up.
3. You manage to run all the way to the meeting room, but decide that you'd rather wait until some other people can go up the stairs with you.

I practice fighting with my claws. Also, I go somewhere if Mulch wants me to.
3. You are now a dabbling wrestler.

The head monk heads into the meeting room, preparing to go up with the rest of you.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)
Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
The Fourth Floor: Unknown.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:00:28 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 26
« Reply #1327 on: January 13, 2009, 10:39:18 pm »

Using my scalpel, the top part of the young monk's dismembered arm, and a complex system of ropes and pulleys fashioned out of a discarded coffee cup, I attach the prothsetic arm to the young monk's shoulder. 
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 13, 2009, 10:52:31 pm »

That whole time we'd walk around the entire complex when the arena entrance was right across the computer room. ::)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 13, 2009, 10:56:21 pm »

Would you like to post an action with that, Shadowdump?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 13, 2009, 10:57:08 pm »

I teleport into the meeting room,then free action upstairs.

For flavor I'd like to give off a creepy smile aimed at the head monk.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 13, 2009, 10:58:43 pm »

I guess I'll let you guys go up the stairs to the next floor as a free action. It's not really that long of a distance.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 13, 2009, 10:59:41 pm »

Umm, you said you'd add weaponsmith to my status, but you forgot.

I'll search around the various rooms, looking for an armory.  If I find one, I take a sword.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 13, 2009, 10:59:57 pm »

Oh I forgot that it was a full action...

Hard to remember,being all 'just' a set of stairs.

And really I'm not sure there is a armory.It's a office building you know.
 Then again,you've gotta wonder where they are getting those weapons.

However my best bet is it is connected to the secret passage.(One more door)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:04:57 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 14, 2009, 12:11:11 am »

Awesome suit! :D Do I or do I have the best artefact?

I use my appearance manipulation to make Cyx appearance even more frightful, making him look like made of steel and whit red glows and horrible facial expression and all that stuff, hopefully scary enough to give him a combat bonus.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108