Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141746 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 18
« Reply #1125 on: December 24, 2008, 06:16:38 am »

I attempt to take out the most recent goblin who bit me with a sharp stone to the noggin. Also, vbgyor? Color?

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 24, 2008, 07:02:11 am »

I tell my elephant thingy to attack any zombies that we dont controll, then I use my necromantic powers to inhance the mysterious infection cryx got, and turn him into a zombie/lich thing, like myself. That is if he agrees, If he doens't want that I can redo my post :P
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 24, 2008, 07:47:24 am »

Ethier I help Wooty frigure out how cure mysterious infection(seem something that healing powers would help to figure out how cure)  or I heal someone that in need healing more then being cure of mysterious infection.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:46:46 am by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1128 on: December 24, 2008, 08:31:43 am »

I make the CEO fall back here, or if that is impossible, I make sure that the mimic has a new home on the roof, where it won't be able to hurt us.
Eh?
Eh!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:02 am »

I learn armor smithery.(I Want ARMOR!)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 24, 2008, 12:20:54 pm »

Sean: I made you mutate. But I have a question for everyone else: Should I put people on AI? I haven't been doing that (because I'm lazy), but if everyone wants me to then I could either copy Sean's RTT-AI, or I could just think up sensible actions for the players.

Jackrabbit and Golgath: I fixed your statuses and did the ring.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 24, 2008, 01:27:01 pm »

I think that the AI should be just self-preservation type stuff - "Inactiveman attempts to stop the bleeding." "Inactiveman repairs his armor." "Inactiveman jumps away from the lava", etc. It's not that big of a deal that you check this thread and find that you didn't move into the next room with everyone else, but it would suck if you forgot to check it and you ended up dead.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 24, 2008, 04:47:01 pm »

Shouldn't I have gotten a +1 to accuracy with swords?

In any case, I charge after the CEO.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 24, 2008, 07:07:33 pm »

Sean: I made you mutate. But I have a question for everyone else: Should I put people on AI? I haven't been doing that (because I'm lazy), but if everyone wants me to then I could either copy Sean's RTT-AI, or I could just think up sensible actions for the players.

Jackrabbit and Golgath: I fixed your statuses and did the ring.

Appreciate you fixing the statuses.  Anyway, for AI, like Wooty said, basic self-preservation stuff would be fine, though if my character wasn't in any sort of direct danger he'd probably resurrect people as main priority, heal as a second priority, and practice sneaking as the last.  This is assuming no input from me, of course.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 25, 2008, 03:01:27 am »

I attempt to freeze the goblin CEO solid.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 25, 2008, 04:05:51 am »

Okay, I change my action

I burn the ever loving hell out of the zombie who bit me if he isn't already dead hopefully giving me at least slight fire manipulation powers

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 25, 2008, 06:10:21 pm »

I live !

I try to ease my pain.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 25, 2008, 09:08:09 pm »

Your pain was supposed to be gone. Fixed.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 26, 2008, 02:44:39 am »

Merry Christmas! If you guys can get to the next floor by January 4, then you get a special surprise.

And anyone who doesn't post will do vital actions. Also, healers will heal and... there isn't a word for people who resurrect stuff. Resurrectionist means graverobber. Anyhow, people with resurrection powers will use them if necessary.

Turn 19

I take a random object and enchant it with "alchemize into water".
4+1=5. You grab a handful of pens and enchant them. You now have five alchemize-to-water pens.
Your enchanting increases. One more level for bonuses and all that.
2. Your diamond bones and spikes become heavy steel (pretty much the same bonuses but with -1 movement).

If there are any hostile zombies left, I tackle them.
2. You see that there are only two left and decide to let everyone else handle them.

I run into the meeting room and hack at an ennemy zombie with my light iron sword. If none are left, I train my alchemy on random objects.
6. You charge in, attacking goblin zombie B from behind. (dodge=5-3, damage=3) You slash at it and cut its hand off.

Ok, for my first turn I try to lern density manipulation powers. (examples: make air condense into liquid despite temperature, make an object shrink while remaining the same weight, make an object huge and lighter-than-air, etc. )
6. You think up an idea of how to learn density manipulation and test it on a goblin in the auditorium. (dodge=5) The goblin's arm feels funny, and it sees you and steps aside. Several seconds later a tiny block of air hits the ground, escapes your magic, and explodes into regular-density air.
You now have density manipulation powers.

I poke some of the zombie corpses with a stick/dissect them, hoping to find the properties of and the cure for the mysterious infection (spooky)
1. You decide to poke the living zombies instead, and zombie F doesn't react kindly to you fiddling with it, biting at you. (dodge=3, damage=3) You get bitten a bit but only scratched, and decide that healing magic will probably cure the spooky mysterious infection if Mulch doesn't get to them first.

I punch Zombie B.
If that fails, I punch any other hostile targets in the meeting room.
2. You see Poltifar slashing at Zombie B and decide that you'd just get in the way.

I try to heal our resident mummy (Jackrabbit) of his mysterious infection.
1+1. You head towards Jackrabbit but goblin zombie F, angered by Wooty's meddling, moans at you and you have to back away from it.

I burn the ever loving hell out of the zombie who bit me if he isn't already dead hopefully giving me at least slight fire manipulation powers
5. You manipulate some fire towards zombie B. You're not sure if it bit you because I'm too lazy to check they all look the same, (dodge=2-1) but you hit it easily and (damage=2-1) burn it to ashes. You now have weak pyrokinetic powers.
Your ring turns pure white and gives you light manipulation.

I tell my elephant thingy to attack any zombies that we dont controll, then I use my necromantic powers to inhance the mysterious infection cryx got, and turn him into a zombie/lich thing, like myself. That is if he agrees, If he doens't want that I can redo my post :P
6+1. Oh damn. You funnel tons of necromantic magic into Cyx, but you're not sure how much is needed to manipulate the mysterious infection in your favor. Cyx shudders and falls to the ground, and you get several glares, especially from the people who helped heal and revive him. His body turns grey and dead unnaturally fast. Suddenly Cyx rises again, trying to speak but only moaning. You try to control him, but see that his mind is still intact, if somewhat weakened.
He's now a semi-sentient zombie (-2 thought, -3 charisma, -1 magic, -1 dodge, immune to pain and bleeding, -2 to positive magic used on or by him). In addition, Mulch now controls him. Cyx still has some free will so he can still do things, but if Mulch wants him to do something that he doesn't want to do then they both roll and Cyx follows whoever got the highest roll.

Ethier I help Wooty frigure out how cure mysterious infection(seem something that healing powers would help to figure out how cure)  or I heal someone that in need healing more then being cure of mysterious infection.
You'll heal Jetman of his brain damage.
1+1. You can't manage to do much.

I make the CEO fall back here, or if that is impossible, I make sure that the mimic has a new home on the roof, where it won't be able to hurt us.
You're not quite sure where the CEO is or how far away he is by now, so you settle for slamming the mimic into the ceiling.
4+1. You begin lifting the mimic (dodge=6) but it sees you and decides to stop you by force, (dodge=4) but you manage to dodge its charge.

I learn armor smithery.(I Want ARMOR!)
2. You just can't figure out how to make armor. Maybe you should ask omegaalpha or someone.

In any case, I charge after the CEO.
2. You peer at the wall and give it a couple good whacks with your sword but can't figure out how to open the door.

I attempt to freeze the goblin CEO solid.
You can't see him so you'll just run in and try to open the door.
1. The goblin crowd decides to stop you from getting at their boss (dodge=5) but you keep to the edge of the room and run quickly so they can't get near you. You don't have time to get near where the CEO disappeared.

I live !

I try to ease my pain.
You realize that you feel no pain, so you decide to attack the remaining goblin zombie.
2. You're still getting used to being a zombie, so you can't manage to get near it.

The mimic continues attacking qwerty.
2. It trips however a living box can trip, disoriented from the gravity manipulation.

The crowd attacks Devath.
5. They surge out of the seats, (dodge=1, damage=3-1) beating Devath severely (broken arm, broken rib, -1 thought due to pain).

Mulch's elephant-thing attacks goblin zombie F.
1. The goblin zombie sneaks up behind the elephant and bites it, (dodge=4-2, damage=1+1) tearing into its rear leg (-1 movement).

Perception check!
4. Those of you in the computer room hear faint noises, but can't figure out what they are or where they're from.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:35:38 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 19
« Reply #1139 on: December 26, 2008, 02:55:58 am »

I break the door down to get to the CEO!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:00:49 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108