Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142310 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #585 on: October 29, 2008, 12:50:12 pm »

Ok, so the forums are back up, yay!

For this turn, I climb up the stairs
Next turn, I attempt to tame a wild animal (I'll probably get a 1 and get squished by an elephant)

Also, for my toga, I forgot to mention the color. If I can still change it now, I'd like it to be black with golden celtic patterns embroidered in it (yes, I have no sense of fashion :P)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 29, 2008, 01:29:25 pm »

To help gain next level of healing power I will heal all people can be to increase my level.  After all practice help you learn the skill better.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #587 on: October 29, 2008, 04:30:20 pm »

Have you ever noticed how you run FASTER downhill(or, in this case, relatively(to me) downhill) and steeper stairs take more effort than shorter ones?

I assume that I will get nowhere trying to set gravity on a steep upward angle for acceleration, negating it for most of the time, then reversing it to slow down to survivable speeds to land on the stairs....
Eh?
Eh!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 29, 2008, 04:59:33 pm »

yay! forums back!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 29, 2008, 05:08:40 pm »

Yay forums! Everyone likes forums.

Mulch, that hand thing would probably be under self-polymorphing. But if you do it in a creative way then you can fit it under necromancy. Like if you chop it off then you'd be able to make it a zombie hand, and stuff like that. If it's dead then you could charge it with necromantic energy without consequence (except on an overshot, where you'd probably lose the arm, but it might split off and become a lich or something crazy like that).

I'll get to rolling around soon.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 29, 2008, 05:11:07 pm »

I'mma doing the mechanics thing.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 29, 2008, 11:09:13 pm »

Mmm... Alright..For my next turn if I dont end up riping off my whole arm I draw a pentagram with blood and attempt to gain even more necromanic powers by enhancing my hand with undead magicks. Yeah.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 29, 2008, 11:09:54 pm »

Expect this up in less than 24 hours.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2008, 11:14:20 pm »

Just incase I get somthing stupid, like an undead cotton candy machine as an arm, I am actualy trying for either blite touch or bone claws that come out of my hand on command. Either way my hand will probly be mainly bone, possibly some flesh..

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 30, 2008, 12:16:52 am »

Ahhh, finally, the forum is back up!

I will head upstairs before I get left behind. Ah well.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 30, 2008, 01:55:04 am »

Yay! Forums!

Well, now I'll say something I wanted to say a week ago. Defining terms.
Pyrokinesis is, in technical terms, telekinetic manipulation of the air such that a flame produced by some form of fire-starter (ie:lighter, match, spark, etc) is sustained and manipulated to the user's will. Most cases have the possessor of this ability unaware of the true nature of their power and have them believe they are manipulating fire. There are cases where this is almost the case, though.

The term is "pyrogenesis", or "creation of fire". The play out of such an ability would allow one to create flames and "manipulate" them, ie: make more in a linearly progressive fashion such that it appears flame is being manipulated. No one with this ability, comprehension of what they had, and sanity, would summon fire so wastefully except subconsciously, which could justify such a case.

Fire, like normal, will require fuel, whether manipulated or created. Fireballs are impossible without conscious knowledge of the telekinetic abilities one is using. As a result, the ability is of little consequence in the way of flashyness, and as it has been designated "weak", is probably totally worthless except for kicks, giggles, and situations that invovle highly combustible objects, such as, say, gasoline. In any case, I figured I'd let this out here. Not that this gives me any advantage or anything. If anything, this probably... Lowers my power level. But hey, we aren't trying for craaaaaaaazy hijinks here, just crazy hijinks. In addition, the abuse of said word in the aftermath of the X-Men movies peeves me. Honestly... movies play up stuff like that. And play down blood... but hey, we don't mind that. I'll cut here before I launch into another rant.

Peace,
Devath
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 30, 2008, 04:24:21 am »

Yay! Forums!
The term is "pyrogenesis", or "creation of fire". The play out of such an ability would allow one to create flames and "manipulate" them, ie: make more in a linearly progressive fashion such that it appears flame is being manipulated. No one with this ability, comprehension of what they had, and sanity, would summon fire so wastefully except subconsciously, which could justify such a case.

I don't follow. If you could create fire then how would it be wasteful? And wouldn't it be useful if you could shoot fire at your enemies?

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 30, 2008, 03:01:27 pm »

I try to tame one of the animals and make him my pet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 30, 2008, 11:08:19 pm »

Devath, I'm going to make your power pyrokinesis as you described it with weak pyrogenesis to let you get fires started. You'd be able to make sparks to start burning up your streams of oxygen or whatever. At higher levels, you'll get bonuses when using it around objects that can start fires.

Wooty, I've decided that your dagger is made of weak material. That means it can break if you get bad rolls.

Also, no more toga-changing. That will take an action.

Turn 3

I ascend the stairs.
I practice, using gravity to assist me as I head towards(then up) the stairs.
I now want to walk up the stairs and cut my hand slightly on wooty's dagger so it bleeds but wont kill me.
I attempt to walk up the stairs, and, if possible, study what powers have been granted to me in an attempt to better understand and perhaps use them.
bollocks, I still have a headache? bugger it, I walk up the stairs this turn, blowing up stuff can wait.
I will head upstairs before I get left behind. Ah well.
Wooty: 6.
qwerty: 4
Mulch: 2
Golgath: 2-1=1
Jackrabbit: 6
Jetman: 5
Wooty and Jackrabbit rush up the stairs excitedly, slightly annoyed that they weren't up with the first group. Wooty spots qwertyuiopas, who is ascending slowly, and grabs him and pulls him up quickly.
Mulch and Golgath head toward the stairs, but get lost in a forest of freshly and fancily dyed rugs hanging from bars, drying. Wooty and Qwerty enter the room and see everyone who is already there.
Jetman walks calmly up the stairs, waving at Mulch and Golgath, who are a little angered. Golgath rushes at the stairs angrily and trips and falls into a bucket of dye (blinded, -1 to all non-thought actions next turn).

I run around, looking for a backpack and quarterstaff, and if I find them, I politely ask for them from their owners, perhaps offering to teach them yoga as payment.
1. You run around quickly, and unknowingly trip over a box of brightly painted wooden dice, falling toward a box of swords and (luck: 5) quickly roll through the air and land unharmed near them. You stand up, slightly shaken.

I practice bowmaking, using my sword and any nearby tree.
3. You manage to carve a crude bow out of a tree nearby, but it doesn't look useful so you drop it. You did manage to learn a bit about bowmaking, but not much.

I ask the monks to help me, assuring them I know what I am doing
I'm assuming that the first one was a joke.
4. You try to convince the monks to follow you above anyone else, but the head monk is not convinced. The younger monk decides to follow you, though. He'll accept your commands above anyone else's, though they can still command him if you don't (no telling him not to follow their commands, either, because that will just make him suspicious of you unless you've recently proven yourself to be the best leader ever). He also won't do anything too dumb.

I practice pyrokinesis while blowing smoke rings.
6. With a flash, tree near you catches on fire and you hear the scurrying and angry chirping of small animals. The jungle is wet, so the fire will not spread. You manage to get some of the smoke to form into impressive rings. Your pyrokinesis powers increase (you will start to gain bonuses at the next level).

I try to tame one of the animals and make him my pet.
4. You walk up to an armadillo that looks less angry than the other animals and quickly befriend it. You can control it pretty much directly, but its confidence in your commands depends on how well it fares. If it is harmed often, it might abandon you.

I study mechanics,hopefully allowing me to construct useful devices.
1. You find some heavy stone mechanisms to tinker with, but drop one on your foot, bruising it (badly bruised foot, 50% chance of -1 movement on a movement-based action).

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 02:40:44 pm by penguinofhonor »

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 30, 2008, 11:50:41 pm »

Worst turn for me ever...Any who, I use my necromanic powers to bring to life (or...unlife?) the nearest food thats made of meat. Hopefully enhancing my necromanic abilitys
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108